+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My brothers sponsorship got rejected

ciako

Mar 15, 2012
I sponsored my brother since I qualify to sponsor one relative of any age.Immigration in Canada siad I qualify and sent my papers for further processing to home country country embassy. The reason they gave me was that I have two kids.I have never been married and I dont have kids.How can I go about this now?Any help would be appreciated.

Ciako

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Can you give us more details? Why do they think you have children?
One option is to contact your MP in Canada and ask them for help and advice. Some MPs can help immigration cases quite a bit; others don't, or don't know how; but you can at least ask for assistance.

ciako

Mar 15, 2012
Thank you for that info.I dont know why they think that.I didnt vote for the MP that got elected in my riding, do you think he is gonna help for somebody who didnt vote for him?What kinda details do you want to know?I will answer any questions you have pertinent to this.

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
Perhaps confusion, error in files.

It might be worth requesting a copy of the entire file through and Access to Information/Privacy Request.

Two request may be necessary - one fo your own file under the Privacy Act and authority to disclose information from your brother on an Access to Information request to see the information used to base the decision.

This will take a minimum of a month to have the information.

If you believe there was an error made you have limited time to submit an appeal and may want to seek advice about this.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
You can do one of three things at this point:

- You can abandon your application. That is the DEFAULT decision if you don't do anything else.
- You can submit a written letter asking for reconsideration to the visa office. SAY "your reasons list that I have two children, but I do not have ANY children. I request that you reconsider my application. If I do not receive an affirmative response that you will consider my request within XXX days I will unfortunately be forced to file an appeal." (You want to force them to at least let you know they are considering your request, otherwise you will lose your right of appeal.)
- You can submit an appeal request. This must be done within a short period of time (check the specific CIC information, but generally the deadline is 60 days OR LESS.)

In parallel, I would also request a copy of your CAIPS/GCMS notes (search for "privacy" on the CIC website and you will find the "Access to Information" forms as the first link that you need to submit that request.) But because the appeal time period is so short, it's really important that you NOT let it pass - once it's gone, it's almost impossible to get it back (it's not *quite* impossible, but its not worth adding one more fight.)

Hmm. There's a fourth option: you could resubmit your application. Not exactly ideal, but it IS an option.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ciako said:
I sponsored my brother since I qualify to sponsor one relative of any age.Immigration in Canada siad I qualify and sent my papers for further processing to home country country embassy. The reason they gave me was that I have two kids.I have never been married and I dont have kids.How can I go about this now?Any help would be appreciated.

Ciako
Write to the Visa Office NOW, Attention Program Manager, and advise of the error with your application (that you do not have children). Ask them to review the application. Send it by fax (you can find the number on the website) and mark it URGENT. If an error has been made, they will correct it.

ciako

Mar 15, 2012
I have filed a complaint to the visa office.How long will it take for them to look at it?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
When did you send it? By fax? And addressed to the program manager? And how did you word it? It should not have been a complaint exactly - you should ask for reconsideration of your case because the visa officer made a mistake, given that you have no children.

ciako

Mar 15, 2012
I have hired a lawyer who filed the papers for me.I dont know who he did write to.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ciako-how did u qualify 4 brining ur bro. i'm going a lone to Canada withing a few weeks and want to bring any family member. hows that possible? Thanks

adamdm

Feb 24, 2012
Your MP should not care about whether you voted for them or not. They are not there to represent their supporters, they are there to represent and help their constituents.

ciako

Mar 15, 2012
I did write a letter to the program manager asking for a reconsideration of my application.He hasn't responded yet.The dead line for appeal is in three weeks.What can I possibly do now?It seems like he dosent care at all!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
ciako said:
I did write a letter to the program manager asking for a reconsideration of my application.He hasn't responded yet.The dead line for appeal is in three weeks.What can I possibly do now?It seems like he dosent care at all!
Did you contact your MP? They usually will help even if you didn't vote for them. (Since they really don't know who votes for them or not!)

ciako

Mar 15, 2012
Sure I will contact my MP today.what if immigration still doesn't want to change its decision? I have to file an appeal request on this matter. Does anyone know how to file an appeal?