+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My boss applied for a Lmia with my name.

kangjack

May 20, 2016
My boss applied for a Lmia for me and I extended my current work permit to a Lmia work permit with Lmia file number.

If I don't want to get the LMIA, can my boss change me to the other worker even though I already applied for a new work permit with Lmia file number?

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
CIC will not approve your WP application without approved LMIA. If you applied with LMIA file number and ur LMIA is rejected by SC, CIC will decline your WP application.

Yes, your employer can change the name in LMIA, but then you will not get WP on that LMIA.

anwer

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
AINP
I have a similar question so i thought i should post here instead of creating a new thread.

My employer applied for an LMIA for an employee in January which got approved in July of this year.
However that employee doesnt want the LMIA anymore.

Can that LMIA be transferred to someone else? By that i mean can the name be changed on that LMIA from that employee to someone else.
(He has not applied for a work permit based on that LMIA)

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
anwer said:
I have a similar question so i thought i should post here instead of creating a new thread.

My employer applied for an LMIA for an employee in January which got approved in July of this year.
However that employee doesnt want the LMIA anymore.

Can that LMIA be transferred to someone else? By that i mean can the name be changed on that LMIA from that employee to someone else.
(He has not applied for a work permit based on that LMIA)
Yes, the employer can change the name in the LMIA. Ask your employer to call service Canada and then they will advise your employer to send them a request.

Beatricejvr

Nov 10, 2017
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Hi, can anybody tell me? We received our LMIA and just as we started the application process we saw that there was a mistake on the LMIA. We informed our employer and they send the matter through to their immigration people.
Does anybody know how long we have to wait for the mistake to be amended?

S Jay

May 6, 2019
Hi, can anybody tell me? We received our LMIA and just as we started the application process we saw that there was a mistake on the LMIA. We informed our employer and they send the matter through to their immigration people.
Does anybody know how long we have to wait for the mistake to be amended?
Hi Beatrice

Did you find a solution to your problem?