+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My application wants an employer ID number but I don't have one!

cowman

May 9, 2016
So some background info first, I've had a working holiday visa previously and am looking to get another and go back to my previous summer job in Canada. In the very early stages of my application process in the eligibility questionnaire it asks "do you have a signed letter of offer or contract of employment" Having worked previously for the employer before I ticked yes as I thought I would just have to attach a copy of the agreement to my application (considering I'm applying for a working holiday visa which doesn't require a job offer I thought it couldn't hurt to tick yes). I am now into my application phase and on the intended work form it is asking me for an offer of employment ID number and asking if my employer has paid the compliance fee, I don't have a number and didn't think I would need anything like this as I'm applying for an IEC work visa. There is the same question from the eligibility questionnaire about "do you have a signed letter of offer or contract of employment" but it is greyed out and I can't change my answer and it is locked into yes. I've got 15 days left for my application. Does anyone know anyway to change this, who to contact or if I should decline the application process and start again? Any help would be greatly appreciated

merpaart

May 8, 2016
I'm facing the exact same problem. Sadly I think the only way is to decline and start the application process all over again :(

I tried calling and contacting IEC/CIC, and they advised me to send a case specific inquiry (where the turnaround is approx 10 business days). I did that a week ago, but I won't have time to get my documents ready if they decide to give me the green light on the very last day. So I'm thinking about declining the current invitation and doing it all over again before the Working Holiday visa spots run out.

cowman

May 9, 2016
Well after running around in circles through the Immigration Canada website I came across an information page which lists out the steps to take when applying and under the first tab about completing the online form there is a small section at the bottom of that tab showing tips for common problems. The last tip states "If you’re applying for a Working Holiday work permit and you are asked for an offer of employment number, type “A0012345” in the field." It seems to accept that.

My problem now is I'm being asked for the "Contact address of employer or company" seems pretty straight forward right? Only it asks for the address detail below this question as well, so after putting the same information in both sections and validating this section I'm told the "Contact address of employer or company" can't include numbers. So what information is CIC looking for me to put there I wonder?

Reactions: missaineoneill2

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe try posting a message on the Canada IEC facebook page https://www.facebook.com/International-Experience-Canada-362400293941960/ or else the twitter page https://twitter.com/iec_eic?lang=en-gb

sezzabearz

May 25, 2016
cowman said:
Well after running around in circles through the Immigration Canada website I came across an information page which lists out the steps to take when applying and under the first tab about completing the online form there is a small section at the bottom of that tab showing tips for common problems. The last tip states "If you’re applying for a Working Holiday work permit and you are asked for an offer of employment number, type “A0012345” in the field." It seems to accept that.

My problem now is I'm being asked for the "Contact address of employer or company" seems pretty straight forward right? Only it asks for the address detail below this question as well, so after putting the same information in both sections and validating this section I'm told the "Contact address of employer or company" can't include numbers. So what information is CIC looking for me to put there I wonder?
Hi, I was wondering if you were able to solve this?
I am also running through this same issue.
I am thinking of withdrawing my profile and starting again and just answering 'no' to the question where it asks if I have a contract of employment! Would be great to hear how you went with the rest of your application.
:)

mattsfk

Jun 8, 2014
Montréal, QC
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
2017-06-27
AOR Received.
2017-10-17
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
14-04-2018
sezzabearz said:
Hi, I was wondering if you were able to solve this?
I am also running through this same issue.
I am thinking of withdrawing my profile and starting again and just answering 'no' to the question where it asks if I have a contract of employment! Would be great to hear how you went with the rest of your application.
:)
Hello!

Did you ever get this resolved?

Also at the same stage...

sezzabearz

May 25, 2016
mattsfk said:
Hello!

Did you ever get this resolved?

Also at the same stage...
Hi... I realise you posted this nearly 3 weeks ago so my response probably won't be that helpful (but it could help someone else I suppose) but I did put 'no' to asking if I have a contract of employment even though I am currently working and whilst I still haven't had final approval on my application I have spoken to at least 4 other people who did exactly the same and they were issued their 'Letter of Introduction' with no problem. One of the actually spoke to people at CIC and were told to put 'no' in order to get the working holiday option so I am sure doing this doesn't cause any drama.

Apr 29, 2018
Hi Guys, did anyone get any help from this? I have contacted the CIC and am waiting to hear back. I cannot process my information without finishing this part. Does anyone have any insight? stressed

Apr 29, 2018

Hi, did you ever get this sorted? x