+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my application is 36 month and will take up to 44 months ( is that normal )

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
and in the online form i select Citizen and Immigration Canada or CBSA in the box saying ( Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request.)

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adam2681976 said:
which one i should select to request ATIP CIC or CBSA ??
CIC. Legislation allows redaction (blanking out) of information that if revealed will compromise the IRPA. So if there is some intelligence info about your trip back home its not likely to show unless the CIC Privacy Officer reviewing the file prior to it being mailed out is not doing their job. Going back to your country that you claim persecuted you when you do not hold Canadian citizenship doesn't have a 'restricted before citizenship application' but 'ok' after. If you went home and nothing happened why do you need Canada's protection?

Toronto2014

May 28, 2014
adam2681976 said:
yes i went but after a year from the date i applied in for the Citizenship, and was death of my parents.

when i asked the Lawyer about if that would affect my citizenship application, he said as long as they CBSA didnt contact you after you came back from your country and didnt prepare a report and no case opened because you went back to you country after you entered Canada from you home country then, your citizenship application should not be affected by this travel,

last visit was in June 2014 and so far nothing received from immigration concerning the travel to my country

do you think it takes that long bcuz of that ?

i'm completely lost :(
An individual eventually returns to their country of origin due to improved country conditions

CIC does not usually pursue cessation against a refugee for changed country conditions when the individual has become a permanent resident of Canada. Improved country conditions [A108(1)(e)] is omitted from the cessation grounds that lead to loss of permanent residence in A46(1)(c.1).
This is from CIC web site january 2014.

You should have received a letter from IRB if you case was opened for review.

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Thank you Toronto2014 for sharing your experience,

do you think CBSA would wait 3 month to send a letter or asking IRB to open case file for me ?

whats the time frame for these situations after entering Canada?

thanks

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adam2681976 said:
Hi BLT,

i have PR through Refugee Claimant, and didnt leave the country from 2003 till 2012,
i sent them with the RQ big file includes ( bank Statements stamped by the bank, internet bills , tuition fees receipts rent receipts and phone bills as well for 4 years" 2 of these years my passport was the CIC "
never been charged or arrested
i left Canada for visiting my relatives after a year from the date i applied for the citizenship ( applied August 2011 and traveled September 2012 just for 15 days)

do you think if i write to the Calgary CIC office a letter, that would expedite or they they will answer why my applications takes almost 4 years?

thanks you for the replay
Your visit to your home country is why you are being scrutinized much harder than any one else, IMO. The CIC is probably wondering why you 'lied' on your refugee application considering you went back to see your parents. I think you need to speak with a trusted/honest lawyer about your matter.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adam2681976 said:
i didn't lie to the CIC, i went to see him before he dies with few days
i'm Human,
Understood. No one said you are a robot. I am not defending the CIC. I am merely stating a plausible reason that is affecting your case. It may appear to the CIC as though you were 'lying' or 'fabricating' your case in order to get a refugee status. It is a valid question on their behalf. Don't you think that they may wonder why this person to whom we just granted a 'protected person status + a blue passport' and a permanent residency card, has just been able to return to his home country unharmed?