+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Must you be accompanied by your sponsor upon landing?

Desdemona

Feb 14, 2011
I was just wondering if my sponsor must be present when I do my landing. I feel so nervous about the landing process.....it's the last hurdle in a very long journey.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desdemona said:
I was just wondering if my sponsor must be present when I do my landing. I feel so nervous about the landing process.....it's the last hurdle in a very long journey.
The sponsor is not necessary to accompany you. But he/she can wait for you out side the arrival area to recive you and take home. There is no need of tension. The Customs officer and the Immigration officer will only ask few questions about you and your sponsor, which will be very brief and polite. There could be other immigrants on the flight who may be perhaps in front of you and you can just observe what is going on. However, take it easy.

lama21

Jan 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
22-03-2011
File Transfer...
09-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
30-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2011
LANDED..........
01-06-2011
not @ all, jus make sure you have ur required document such as passport wth the visa/stamp and ur landing paper. plus u have 2 knw ur sponsors name n the address where u will be stayin, hope dat helps ;)!

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
You can also phone CIC and book an appointment at your local CIC office to "land" - in which case your sponsor could come with you. (The details should be on the letter that was sent with your passport with visa in).

:D

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nah, you can bring your sponsor or not. Your choice. I landed by myself as it was an overnight trip to the consulate general and back, and my wife had to work.

Don't be nervous, Desdemona! Just relax. The application process is the hard thing. The landing is, as long as nothing has changed and nothing was withheld during the application process, just a formality. :)

Desdemona said: