+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Muslim Marriage Certificate In India

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
My first application got rejected because I just submitted my marriage affidavit instead of certificate.
Is there anyone from India who have got the PR through Urdu Nikah nama and along with the english translation done from the licensed translator from Canada?.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Hi Guys, if you do not have government registered marriage certificate and you have nikah nama in English with marriage certificate heading then will it be accepted by CIC ? Do you know any case which was approved by it also do I need to do any kind of attestation for it? I am currently in Canada and due to this pandemic its not possible for me to travel now.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Hi Guys, if you do not have government registered marriage certificate and you have nikah nama in English with marriage certificate heading then will it be accepted by CIC ? Do you know any case which was approved by it also do I need to do any kind of attestation for it? I am currently in Canada and due to this pandemic its not possible for me to travel now.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I extremely doubt if the nikahnama is accepted! The Nikahnama is incapable to prove the authenticity of your marriage out of your state/or the nation. Thus, your application becomes prone to rejection. However, with the help of this document you can get your marriage registered under the relevant marriage act in your country. It hardly takes 1-2 weeks.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
To register for a marriage you have to be present in the country because these days they have introduced the process of biometrics. Also, I have english nikah nama which clearly says marriage certificate in the heading. What if I do MEA attestation on it ? It ll prove the authenticity of the document.

Magiclimbo

Aug 6, 2020
Pathan19, what did you do finally then about it? Are you going back to India to get the work done or did you manage to get it done through CGI toronto? Have you been able to get in touch with CGI. Please let me know if you figured something out because I am in the same position as you