+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple Work Experience Document upload placeholders.

Kazem

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-03-2017
Hi faraz,

Thank you for clarifying this, however unfortunately, it was too late for me as I uploaded my two employment records incorrectly.

I did mention this in a CSE immediately afterwards, even though the primary reason for sending a CSE was that I accidentally uploaded my ID card where the Passport should go, so attached it and also mentioned that my employment letters are incorrectly attached.

Just wondering though, is this a huge problem for CIC? If the employment records are complete, would they reject you if you uploaded them in the incorrect order? They don't mention the designations during the uploading stage, after all.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi faraz,

Thank you for clarifying this, however unfortunately, it was too late for me as I uploaded my two employment records incorrectly.

I did mention this in a CSE immediately afterwards, even though the primary reason for sending a CSE was that I accidentally uploaded my ID card where the Passport should go, so attached it and also mentioned that my employment letters are incorrectly attached.

Just wondering though, is this a huge problem for CIC? If the employment records are complete, would they reject you if you uploaded them in the incorrect order? They don't mention the designations during the uploading stage, after all.
Well I greatly doubt that they would reject it because of this. It could delay the application, and they might ask for the records again, but rejecting or refusing application based on this problem is not justified. If it ever happens to me I would strongly contest this decision as the problem is within there system, and I don't want to suffer because of the shortcomings of someone else !

In the end Immigration officer has the final say, and though unpredictable, the chances of rejection are less than 0.01% (I am just throwing a number without facts) and that can again be contested !

No worries, I haven't come across a single post where someone was refused because of this glitch !

Reactions: mamgain

sagar1279

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
In case you have chosen two work experience in ITA application and you are about to upload your documents you will see that CIC only lists Place holder 1 (Employment Records) and Place holder 2 (Employment Records2) and this leads to confusion as of what experience/NOC goes to first placeholder and to the second one as in this pic

For this have a look at your work history. If the jobs are listed in this order:

Then Use the same order for uploading docs as you see here with NOCs.

This way you will end up with the Experience Letter being uploaded to the correct placeholders.

This pic is from final application once I have paid fee and information is transmitted.

These Pics are from my own profile which I took as I knew this problem will be faced by many others. Please when you upload and things end up correctly, just report on this thread to verify this, so others can benefit.

Thank you.
Hi, thanks for your detailed guide. Great work. I still need more clarity though. I have 3 jobs in same noc. How will I identify. Should I just go on the sequence of work history? I have already set up my work history from present to past. Please advise. Thanks.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, thanks for your detailed guide. Great work. I still need more clarity though. I have 3 jobs in same noc. How will I identify. Should I just go on the sequence of work history? I have already set up my work history from present to past. Please advise. Thanks.
Yeah that's right Sagar.

-- You listed job 1 in work history NOC 1234, Company ABC

-- You listed job 2 in work history NOC 1234, Company GHQ

-- You listed job 3 in work history NOC 1234, Company XYZ

Then in employment records you will have 3 place holders (Matching colors is the order to follow, though I have mentioned more explicitly!)
-- Employment Record (1st Row) ---- Job 1--- Company ABC

-- Employment Record (2nd Row) ---- Job 2 --- Company GHQ

-- Employment Record (3rd Row) ---- Job 3 --- Company XYZ

Things can not be more detailed than this !!

Reactions: sandra02

sagar1279

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Yeah that's right Sagar.

-- You listed job 1 in work history NOC 1234, Company ABC

-- You listed job 2 in work history NOC 1234, Company GHQ

-- You listed job 3 in work history NOC 1234, Company XYZ

Then in employment records you will have 3 place holders (Matching colors is the order to follow, though I have mentioned more explicitly!)
-- Employment Record (1st Row) ---- Job 1--- Company ABC

-- Employment Record (2nd Row) ---- Job 2 --- Company GHQ

-- Employment Record (3rd Row) ---- Job 3 --- Company XYZ

Things can not be more detailed than this !!
Got it. Thanks buddy.

sakthiece

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Hi Guys, I need help on my below query:

I have opted for Job offer in my EE profile but haven't received points for it in my ITA due to other details in that section but there is a placeholder to upload doc for the job offer where I haven't received points. I'm thinking to remove this section from PR application completely so I can skip the document upload for which I'm not claiming points.

Is it fine to do this? Only thing is there will be differences in EE profile and post ITA PR form, I'm bit tensed.

powermike999

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
I have made d same mistake and from what has been said I have seen that I have to raise a CSE since I loaded my job reference letters for Job A in Job B placeholder and vice versa. My enquiries are ;

1-Do I need to load any document like LOE while sending the CSE?
2-Do I need to reattach the job reference letters for the 2 jobs or will what I sent earlier suffice?
3-Has anything done this before and got PPR. How long did ur application take. Did u experience any delay bcos of dis. Did u have any ADR. What other challenges did u face?

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
I have made d same mistake and from what has been said I have seen that I have to raise a CSE since I loaded my job reference letters for Job A in Job B placeholder and vice versa. My enquiries are ;

1-Do I need to load any document like LOE while sending the CSE?
2-Do I need to reattach the job reference letters for the 2 jobs or will what I sent earlier suffice?
3-Has anything done this before and got PPR. How long did ur application take. Did u experience any delay bcos of dis. Did u have any ADR. What other challenges did u face?

I have done the same mistake, did you got answers of above questions what did you do please help me

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Hi faraz,

I did the same mistake just wondering to know whats the appropriate course of action please help

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
In case you have chosen two work experience in ITA application and you are about to upload your documents you will see that CIC only lists Place holder 1 (Employment Records) and Place holder 2 (Employment Records2) and this leads to confusion as of what experience/NOC goes to first placeholder and to the second one as in this pic

For this have a look at your work history. If the jobs are listed in this order:

This way you will end up with the Experience Letter being uploaded to the correct placeholders.

This pic is from final application once I have paid fee and information is transmitted.

These Pics are from my own profile which I took as I knew this problem will be faced by many others. Please when you upload and things end up correctly, just report on this thread to verify this, so others can benefit.

Thank you.
I thought the 1st one was for the 1st job and second one was for the current job it's a system problem what should I do now ?

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought the 1st one was for the 1st job and second one was for the current job it's a system problem what should I do now ?
Course of action:
-- Send CSE..
------------------> Let them know that due to misunderstanding and lack of clarity your letters are jumbled !
-- Attach the experience certificates again. Change File Names to something like --- NOC1234_Manager_IKEA.pdf -- :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------- NOC5678_Manager_Costco.pdf
-- Clearly explain The letter with title NOC1234- Manager IKEA is for job where you have 3 years experience and NOC5678 - Manager Costco is the one where you have 2 years experience.
-- Hope for the best and relax.

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Course of action:
-- Send CSE..
------------------> Let them know that due to misunderstanding and lack of clarity your letters are jumbled !
-- Attach the experience certificates again. Change File Names to something like --- NOC1234_Manager_IKEA.pdf -- :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------- NOC5678_Manager_Costco.pdf
-- Clearly explain The letter with title NOC1234- Manager IKEA is for job where you have 3 years experience and NOC5678 - Manager Costco is the one where you have 2 years experience.
-- Hope for the best and relax.
thanks , done

May 17, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
18-06-2017
AOR Received.
19-06-2017

Thank you.
I submitted my application yesterday. This worked for me as well. Thank you and of course, a thumbs up!

mariEvan

Jun 22, 2017
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017

Thank you.

---
Hi! What if I saved them not on the appropriate folder? But I have attached a cover letter clearly explaining which document is for which work experience? During the uploading process, I didn;t see clear folder destination for it only states "employment records (required) for both folders. After seeing your post, I checked my submitted application (paid) and saw that the files were not on their supposedly proper folder. Will this affect the process? By the way this refers to the documents of my husband (dependent). I am the primary applicant. Hope to hear from anyone who had the same experience.Thanks!

Here's my timeline: (Express Entry- FSW Outland)
ITA- Mar 1, 2017
AOR- May 1, 2017
Medical Exam passed - June 22, 2017
Background check status (from NOT NEEDED to YOUR APPLiCATION IS ON PROGRESS).

Thanks!