+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

multiple visa

CANCEL

Mar 1, 2010
I am a live in caregiver with a multiple visa that will expire on may 2011.I am planning to have a vacation this april 2010.Do i still need to get a re entry visa?

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,

No, u don't need a re-entry visa since you hold a multiple visa passport. Make sure you have a valid work permit though.
From what country are you? If you're from the Philippines and you're an OFW, you will need OEC before leaving the Philippines. The easiest and fastest way to apply for it is at POEA branch.

Have a safe and wonderful vacation!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
loida86 said:
hi,

No, u don't need a re-entry visa since you hold a multiple visa passport. Make sure you have a valid work permit though.
From what country are you? If you're from the Philippines and you're an OFW, you will need OEC before leaving the Philippines. The easiest and fastest way to apply for it is at POEA branch.

Have a safe and wonderful vacation!
Hi,

How do we know if we are OFWs?

outcast

Mar 3, 2010
job_seeker said:
Hi,

PLEASE HELP!...My work permit is still valid/will expire on June 9, 2011..and my visa will expire on July 13, 2010...and Im planning to go to Philippines this August 2010 for only 2 weeks...I fully understand that I need re-entry visa since my visa will expire before august...Im very confused with the website (new york) information about how to apply for visa..they have choices for: studying, visiting, and working (under "visa and immigration")..i choose the "working in canada" since I am here in Canada working as Live-in caregiver...but when i click the "working in canada" it directs me to the information about work permit application.....so I tried clicking "visiting in Canada" i fill up the form 5257..and then I have a confusion blow-up because one of the requirements is the "proof of financial support, as specified in the "visiting Canada" section guide of this guide...one more question..where can i get my file reference number when filling up the form 5257??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

outcast said:
PLEASE HELP!...My work permit is still valid/will expire on June 9, 2011..and my visa will expire on July 13, 2010...and Im planning to go to Philippines this August 2010 for only 2 weeks...I fully understand that I need re-entry visa since my visa will expire before august...Im very confused with the website (new york) information about how to apply for visa..they have choices for: studying, visiting, and working (under "visa and immigration")..i choose the "working in canada" since I am here in Canada working as Live-in caregiver...but when i click the "working in canada" it directs me to the information about work permit application.....so I tried clicking "visiting in Canada" i fill up the form 5257..and then I have a confusion blow-up because one of the requirements is the "proof of financial support, as specified in the "visiting Canada" section guide of this guide...one more question..where can i get my file reference number when filling up the form 5257??
Go back to the New York site, look under visiting Canada. You are not applying for a work permit, (as you already have one) you are applying for a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) You include a copy of your work permit.

You must provide proof of lawful temporary status in Canada.

If you are in Canada with a temporary work permit and need to apply for a TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA to travel abroad, please provide:

* A photocopy of your current permit and
* A letter from your employer or other proof of current employment.

The validity of your temporary resident visa (TRV) may not exceed the duration of your study/work permit or visitor record. If you intend to have your Study/Work Permit or Visitor Record extended you should do so before you apply for a TRV.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
outcast said:
When you applied for a Work Permit, you were given a file number. Check your Work Permit. Mine starts with a W and the date when I filed my app together with a series number. Beside the office file number is a client ID number. As to proof of funds attach a copy of your contract. Maybe you'd be better off sending an application by mail instead of doing it on line. You have enough time anyway. Just a thought.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIREMENTSCANADA

CAMIL

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
its just easy cancel i just applied a re entry visa in US its in my hand already..the form are just in the website..

outcast

Mar 3, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

Go back to the New York site, look under visiting Canada. You are not applying for a work permit, (as you already have one) you are applying for a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) You include a copy of your work permit.

You must provide proof of lawful temporary status in Canada.

If you are in Canada with a temporary work permit and need to apply for a TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA to travel abroad, please provide:

The validity of your temporary resident visa (TRV) may not exceed the duration of your study/work permit or visitor record. If you intend to have your Study/Work Permit or Visitor Record extended you should do so before you apply for a TRV.

can I apply for my re-entry visa (TRV) now, i mean as early as possible even if I still have 4months before it expires...?? I really want to know..because I want to book my ticket early to save money and my employer wants to know when will be my vacation so that they can plan ahead while Im having 'my vacation'......where can i apply/send my application? buffalo, new york or new york, NY? which Canadian visa office is better? I am currently in Montreal..

Million thanks to PMM and Job_seeker.. :)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
outcast said:
can I apply for my re-entry visa (TRV) now, i mean as early as possible even if I still have 4months before it expires...?? I really want to know..because I want to book my ticket early to save money and my employer wants to know when will be my vacation so that they can plan ahead while Im having 'my vacation'......where can i apply/send my application? buffalo, new york or new york, NY? which Canadian visa office is better? I am currently in Montreal..

Million thanks to PMM and Job_seeker.. :)
Yes you can. Attach a copy of your work permit and contract.

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
Hi,

[/qu

An OFW is a Filipino Citizen workng and living abroad to support his/her family.

randz

Dec 13, 2009
is it ok that i didnt send the copy of my contract to buffalo? i just send the application form, my passport, copy of my work permit and letter of my employer allowing me to have a vacation and requesting for my visa?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
randz said:
is it ok that i didnt send the copy of my contract to buffalo? i just send the application form, my passport, copy of my work permit and letter of my employer allowing me to have a vacation and requesting for my visa?
I think so. It's just for the proof of funds (contract). Anyway you have your employer's letter so that should be sufficient.

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
Thanks. So do we need to be registered with POEA?
[/quot

As far as I know, If you are not an immigrant or a citizen yet of other country, and you are working overseas as a contract worker, before u leave the Philippines, you will have to obtain an OEC from POEA, otherwise, you cannot leave the country.