+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple positions in the same company - what to include in supporting document for employment history?

joshuato

Jan 24, 2021
Hi guys, would appreciate any advice on my situation please!

I have spent the last ten years with the same company, and I have held three different positions in the company - the two recent positions are relevant to the job code (noc1114 - other financial officer) that I am claiming for my EE profile, but the first one (lasting two years in that position) is irrelevant to noc1114.

as you all know, the IRCC requirement is :
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
I have just left the company, and i could only get the reference letter from my previous supervisor for the last two positions held at the firm. i couldn't get the information for the first position.

The last two positions combined could give me more than 7 years of noc1114 experience, so it should be enough for me to claim FSW requirement. what should i do with the first position?

Any advice would be extremely helpful. thanks!!!

Newfoundland991

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
Hi guys, would appreciate any advice on my situation please!

I have spent the last ten years with the same company, and I have held three different positions in the company - the two recent positions are relevant to the job code (noc1114 - other financial officer) that I am claiming for my EE profile, but the first one (lasting two years in that position) is irrelevant to noc1114.

as you all know, the IRCC requirement is :
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
I have just left the company, and i could only get the reference letter from my previous supervisor for the last two positions held at the firm. i couldn't get the information for the first position.

The last two positions combined could give me more than 7 years of noc1114 experience, so it should be enough for me to claim FSW requirement. what should i do with the first position?

Any advice would be extremely helpful. thanks!!!
Hello,
I have added same letter for each position, as my HR added all positions in 1 letter . Hope this will work(don’t have proof yet it did)

joshuato

Jan 24, 2021
Hello,
I have added same letter for each position, as my HR added all positions in 1 letter . Hope this will work(don’t have proof yet it did)
Many thanks!!!

Let me try to provide a bit more info about my case. I joined the company in jul 2011, but it was not until jul 2013 that i started to qualify for the job code (noc1114) i am claiming in the EE application.

In my EE profile, i claimed noc1114 from jul 2013 - oct 2020. but provided my work history with this company from jul 2011 - oct 2020. in this case, do i still need to my reference letter to cover my positions during jul 2011 - jun 2013?

Thanks!!!

Newfoundland991

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
Many thanks!!!

Let me try to provide a bit more info about my case. I joined the company in jul 2011, but it was not until jul 2013 that i started to qualify for the job code (noc1114) i am claiming in the EE application.

In my EE profile, i claimed noc1114 from jul 2013 - oct 2020. but provided my work history with this company from jul 2011 - oct 2020. in this case, do i still need to my reference letter to cover my positions during jul 2011 - jun 2013?

Thanks!!!
Technically , you can add work history that you aren’t claiming for application into personal history, this way you don’t need to provide a letter from employer. However I don’t see why your employer wouldn’t provide 1 letter for all positions held, and only give duties under the job you are claiming experience for.