+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA

mdk.01

Nov 28, 2017
I got B1 business visitors visa 10 years me and my wife

If I entered Canada and stay for 6 months :

i. How soon can I come back to Canada with the Multiple Entry Visa?

ii. Can I leave Canada just before the 6 months expires and make a trip to USA and stay in the USA for a couple of days and then come back to Canada again and stay for another 6 months, with this Multiple Entry Visa?

THANK YOU.
Did you not read the previous replies to posters original question???

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I got B1 business visitors visa 10 years me and my wife

If I entered Canada and stay for 6 months :

i. How soon can I come back to Canada with the Multiple Entry Visa?

ii. Can I leave Canada just before the 6 months expires and make a trip to USA and stay in the USA for a couple of days and then come back to Canada again and stay for another 6 months, with this Multiple Entry Visa?

THANK YOU.
The answer is in the posts above this, there is no guarantee you will be allowed either back in after such a short exit nor allowed 6 months given it implies you are trying to live in Canada as a visitor.

As am sure you are aware a multi entry visa gives no absolute rights to enter the country, it just avoids having to reapply for a new Visa each visit. Usually people apply for an extended stay from within Canada for this reason.

The decision will be with the CBSA officer at the border and as said if less than convincing reason for returning so soon entry could be denied.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018
Sir, i got multiple visa and visited canada this month for 12 days only. Now i am again planning to visit again after three or four months For 2 months. Suggest me that should i go after 3-4 months or next year

Ramsha Sohail

Apr 11, 2018
1) There are no hard and fast rules
2) You can try but you may be refused entry for trying to use your visitors visa to live in Canada. Generally, you should try to spend at least six months outside of Canada each year to demonstrate that you are a genuine tourist. If you want to try to stay in Canada an extra six months, you are better off applying for an extension to your visit from inside of Canada (before your visit ends) rather than making a short trip across the border into the US. You'll need to provide a good reason why you are requesting an extension of six months.
Hi,
I wanted to ask something actually i got a multiple visa of Canada of 5 years on 13 september,2017 so is it compulsary to visit in first 6 months otherwise the visa will get expired... if it is then waht will happen next as yet i haven't travelled?

Waiting for your reply.
Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I wanted to ask something actually i got a multiple visa of Canada of 5 years on 13 september,2017 so is it compulsary to visit in first 6 months otherwise the visa will get expired... if it is then waht will happen next as yet i haven't travelled?

Waiting for your reply.
Thank you!
No - it's not compulsory. You can travel whenever you want to.

glinischi

Feb 22, 2018
Hi,

I am in the same situation. I need to leave the country on June 15th. What is the best to do:

1. apply for the extension
2. leave the country and come back in 2 weeks? ( I have a Super Visa )

I am very confused what is the best option. Is someone here who was in the same situation?

Thank you!

Richsanchez

Feb 11, 2018
Hi there,

I have a similar situation to others. I hope somebody can give me an advice in my case.

I have multiple entry visitors visa and I visited canada last March 2018 for 12 days with a valid UAE work permit. Now, I am planning to visit again in canada by June for 2 weeks and by this time my UAE work permit will be cancelled. My question is - do they allow me to entry to canada with cancelled UAE work permit? As I am coming from UAE to Canada.

Thanks a ton.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My question is - do they allow me to entry to canada with cancelled UAE work permit? As I am coming from UAE to Canada.
You can travel to Canada. However, your entry and length of stay would be determined by the CBSA officer at the port of entry. You could be asked to show documents/evidence of your ties to the UAE and/or to your home country

Reactions: Richsanchez

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
This is the third time my mother is visiting us, last 2 times she went back within 6 months of stay. This time we would like to extend her stay. She is planing to visit her daughter in USA and planing to spent at least a month time with her. She landed on March 2018 this time. So whats our best bet ? Let her go and visit her daughter in USA and while entering back, do Canadian officials allow her to say 6 more months or its better to extend her visitor's visa within Canada. If that's the most sensible option, whats the procedure for the same , Kindly advice ?

Richsanchez

Feb 11, 2018
You can travel to Canada. However, your entry and length of stay would be determined by the CBSA officer at the port of entry. You could be asked to show documents/evidence of your ties to the UAE and/or to your home country
Thank you for responding.
What do you think will happen if I do not have any documents to show? They will not allow me at all..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you for responding.
What do you think will happen if I do not have any documents to show? They will not allow me at all..
It's a risk that you'd be taking. You may be asked for proof of your ties, you may not be asked. It's anyone's guess.

Even if your UAE work permit/residence permit won't be valid when you arrive, you could bring evidence of other your ties to the UAE and/or to your home country + a return ticket is a must (to your home country, if you don't have a visa to return to the UAE)

Prafful

Jun 28, 2018
I want multiple entry visa. What is the process and minimum requirement to get this visa. IELTS is mandatory for this or not ?

Is any blood relative is necessary or compulsory to get a multiple entry visa ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I want multiple entry visa.
It would depend on the assessment made by the visa officer.

What is the process and minimum requirement to get this visa.
You can start here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

IELTS is mandatory for this or not ?
IELTS is not required.

Is any blood relative is necessary or compulsory to get a multiple entry visa ?
Again, a MEV/SEV will depend on whether or not the visa officer believes you need to visit multiple times in the future