+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple Entry TRV

visitcanada

Aug 31, 2013
Hi,

I plan to apply for TRV for myself, my wife and 2 kids.

Kids are in School,
Wife a home-maker,
I work for an MNC at Director level.

I plan to take my family for a visit to Toronto and cover Niagara falls in next 6 months. I understand the requirements about forms, property (real estate in home country), funds in bank, employment continuity, leave letter from my present employer, salary slips, kids school fees paid for the whole year, family ties etc to suffice that we will come back.

But I plan to apply for TRV with multiple entry so that I can visit again if needed like the B1 that I have for US.

Please advise what are the chances for a 10 year multiple entry visa.

thanks,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In this situation, a single visit visa will be suffice. You don't need multiple visa. Besides, you need to do more explanation if you really need a 10 year multiple entry visa.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
visitcanada said:
Hi,

I plan to apply for TRV for myself, my wife and 2 kids.

Kids are in School,
Wife a home-maker,
I work for an MNC at Director level.

I plan to take my family for a visit to Toronto and cover Niagara falls in next 6 months. I understand the requirements about forms, property (real estate in home country), funds in bank, employment continuity, leave letter from my present employer, salary slips, kids school fees paid for the whole year, family ties etc to suffice that we will come back.

But I plan to apply for TRV with multiple entry so that I can visit again if needed like the B1 that I have for US.

Please advise what are the chances for a 10 year multiple entry visa.

thanks,
as per my knowledge, they never give a visa of more then expiry date of ur passport.....

visitcanada

Aug 31, 2013
steaky said:
In this situation, a single visit visa will be suffice. You don't need multiple visa. Besides, you need to do more explanation if you really need a 10 year multiple entry visa.
When I am spending money, I would need option to travel more than once......Are they really finicky about visits to their country.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visitcanada said:
When I am spending money, I would need option to travel more than once......Are they really finicky about visits to their country.
In the case of a person holding a Canadian single visit visa and a US B1 visa, that person can travel as many times between the US and Canada while the visas itself are still valid.

You should really read this website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=417&t=16

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

steaky said:
In the case of a person holding a Canadian single visit visa and a US B1 visa, that person can travel as many times between the US and Canada while the visas itself are still valid.

You should really read this website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=417&t=16
Not quite right. If the person was admitted to Canada for say 2 months on the single entry TRV, they could travel to the US, but would have to return within the validity of their admission to Canada, i.e. 2 months.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Not quite right. If the person was admitted to Canada for say 2 months on the single entry TRV, they could travel to the US, but would have to return within the validity of their admission to Canada, i.e. 2 months.
That's only if the person want to return to Canada from the US. Also, at the discretion of each Canadian BSO the person encountered each time upon arrival at a Canadian port of entry, the person might get a new date stamped in his passport so that the validity of their admission to Canada might be different than the original 2 months, i.e. altogether 3 months.

BTW, if the person don't want to return to Canada at the end of the 2 months, can't he travel directly from USA to a non-Canadian city?

xkwzt

Dec 21, 2011
Based on my experience I only presented my c.o.e indicating my annual salary and leave dates, bank funds, car registrations under my name. They won't give you a trv more than the expiry date of your passport. Since you're planning to go to toronto, once you go to the us-canada border the us CBP will give you a form called i94 which is valid for 6mos from date of entry in the us I cant remember how much I paid though but it's less than $15. Once you have that you can cross the border as many as you want within 6mos.

You can travel from us to anywhere if you don't want to come back to canada.

Hth

visitcanada

Aug 31, 2013
Friends,

I am confused here.

Is it worth trying for multiple entry TRV by showing ties in back home, or there would be a rejection for "Ghostly" reasons that they can dream of!!!!

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi PMM,please, maybe you can help me to clarify regarding to Application for temporary resident visa IMM5257E

-Details of visit to Canada
-Question #4 (Name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit:

As i don't have any relationship with any person or institution in Canada, i have to leave it in blank, but if i do so, i can't click on "Validate " bottom, because it prompt a message "i have to fill out all space".

What information do i have to write on it instead? N/A or None?

Thanks in advance

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
lorerodri said:
Hi PMM,please, maybe you can help me to clarify regarding to Application for temporary resident visa IMM5257E

-Details of visit to Canada
-Question #4 (Name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit:

As i don't have any relationship with any person or institution in Canada, i have to leave it in blank, but if i do so, i can't click on "Validate " bottom, because it prompt a message "i have to fill out all space".

What information do i have to write on it instead? N/A or None?

Thanks in advance
1 Details:....You can write about what you will be doing during your visits
2 Names etc:....You can find some interesting sites and hotels addresses online and if you can book few nights V.GOOD!!
Call them and write down their address and phone #

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
visitcanada said:
Friends,

I am confused here.

Is it worth trying for multiple entry TRV by showing ties in back home, or there would be a rejection for "Ghostly" reasons that they can dream of!!!!
You have to justify why you need a multiple entry visa. Based on the information you have provided so far, you only need a single entry.

zac989

Mar 20, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014 App. Received : 22-10-2014 CC Charged : 28-12-2014 PER Received: 22-01-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Request
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015 VOH : 08-12-2015
LANDED..........
21-02-2016
visitcanada said:
Friends,

I am confused here.

You can apply for a multiple entry TRV but just like single entry TRVs, you still have to prove that you have all the intentions to go back to your country of origin. I have experience on applying for both types, but the first 2 times I've applied for a TRV, I went for single entry. On my 3rd application, I applied for the multiple entry. I tried to establish a reputation with the Canadian Embassy that I didn't have plans in staying in Canada to look for a job, etc. before I attempting to apply for a multiple entry TRV.

From the CIC website, it is stated that:
A multiple-entry visa lets you enter and leave Canada repeatedly while it is valid. It can be valid for up to 10 years, or one month before your passport expires, whichever is earlier.

I hope this helps!