+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple citizenships (Spain, Mexico and Canada)

Landergoy

Jun 5, 2018
Hello everyone,
Anyone knows if it's possible to have 3 different citizenships? I'm wondering if there is a problem getting the Canadian citizenship once you already have the Mexican and Spanish ones.

Thanks

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
Anyone knows if it's possible to have 3 different citizenships? I'm wondering if there is a problem getting the Canadian citizenship once you already have the Mexican and Spanish ones.

Thanks
Canada has no issues with multiple citizenships. Unless one of the other countries restricts multiple citizenships you will not have any problems,

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
just don't carry Canadian and Spanish passports same time in Mexico and Latin America. Some countries detain people carrying more than 2 passports and if they dont like your attitude plant drug on you for embassy ransome.

but in Canada it's ok to have 3 citizenship, check Mexico and Spanish laws, I know most European countries you lose citizenship automatically if you have another citizenship or didn't renew expired one for 20 yrs.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
I wonder if you can name any..
Netherlands
Germany
Denmark
Switzerland
Austria
Sweden
Norway
Finland

....those above countries have strict dual citizenship laws, Netherlands is more lenient but Scandinavia, Germany and Switzerland you lose automatically if you become citizenship in another country or have not lived there for 20 yrs.

this is to deter tax evaders from those countries in Marbella, Cyprus and Monaco since those countries have highest income taxes in the world.

but there are some exemptions as they have loophole's to reinstate which is costly and make you give up second citizenship etc Canadian or USA one.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
I am a born Swiss and you will certainly NOT lose your citizenship in any case. Whether dual or not having lived there for 20 years.
So you are wrong, 100%!

Reactions: snoopyta

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Germany would be one.....
Nope, Germany does allow it, under certain conditions (you have to ask for permission). You will also not loose it, if you have a birth right for another citizenship (for example your mother is German and you Father is Canadian).

Shineon39

Dec 3, 2015
Yellowknife, Northwest territories
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Nomination.....
Csq received 26-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2015 AOR2: 07-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
My sister-in-law has thai and german passport, no issue at all.

Reactions: foodie69

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Marbella, Cyprus and Monaco since those countries have highest income taxes in the world.

Are you on drugs? Marbella is a city in Spain and Monaco has no income tax at all..Cyprus is on average at 27% tax.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My sister-in-law has thai and german passport, no issue at all.
Not entirely true...there is a process in order to keep your German Citizenship and it is not guaranteed that it will be approved. If you are born in Germany, have only German Citizenship and take on the Canadian Citizenship without applying and being approved to keep the German one you will automatically loose it.

Reactions: snoopyta

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nope, Germany does allow it, under certain conditions (you have to ask for permission). You will also not loose it, if you have a birth right for another citizenship (for example your mother is German and you Father is Canadian).
I am aware of the this process but many are not and some have run into that problem after taking on another citizenship.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Marbella, Cyprus and Monaco since those countries have highest income taxes in the world.

Are you on drugs? Marbella is a city in Spain and Monaco has no income tax at all..Cyprus is on average at 27% tax.
no, you don't understand.

wealth individuals and their families from northwest Europe aka Scandinavia and Germany hide money in Marbella, Monaco and cyprus and try to evade taxes for years and come back collecting pension after 20+ yrs, this law has existed since oil and economic boom of 70s and further tightned 80, my wife is from Sweden and goes back home every 4-8 yrs to keep her status and won't apply for Canadian citizenship since she might lose many yrs of working swedish embassies abroad and still now.