+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MSP wait period while preganant

annebc

Jun 7, 2017
Hi! I understand that there is a wait period to get MSP. However, if the resident is pregnant during the wait period, will she have to cover the costs of check ups/lab tests just for the first few weeks/months of the pregnancy? Are there private insurance companies that can cover this? Not too concerned about the birth and delivery as MSP will most probably be active by then. Concerns are more about the initial doctor's visits, ultrasounds, etc. Thanks so much.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi! I understand that there is a wait period to get MSP. However, if the resident is pregnant during the wait period, will she have to cover the costs of check ups/lab tests just for the first few weeks/months of the pregnancy? Are there private insurance companies that can cover this? Not too concerned about the birth and delivery as MSP will most probably be active by then. Concerns are more about the initial doctor's visits, ultrasounds, etc. Thanks so much.
Hi

You will be required to pay for everything until you have coverage. Insurance companies don't cover that stuff.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for replying! Will these tests and check ups be done only in walk in clinics?
If you can't find a doctor to take you on as patient, then yes, you will need to go to walk-in clinics.

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
I don't know if you have insurance in the country you are from, but sometimes insurance companies that you already have will pay a certain amount while you are abroad. My insurance company pays 90% of everything here in canada (my insurance is from the USA).