+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MSP issue (missing information)

Scotty_Xu

Mar 6, 2017
Hi, everyone. My name is Scotty. I am currently working in BC with a working permit. (I came to BC last year and will work in BC for at least 8 months). My daughter and wife came to Canada on Jan, 2017. My wife is holding an open working permit. My daughter was born in US last year so we have not applied any canada visa for her.

I sent an application for MSP for my daughter and wife. But a letter came, asking a photocopy of the document that verifies my daughter immigration status in Canada. So here are my questions:
1. In this case, what type immigration status document I need to provide? My daughter does not have any visa or permit...
2. Do I need to apply a visa for my daughter? If yes, what kind visa does she need? She is only 8 month old so she is not able to study. So the study permit is not gonna work.

I am really confused with this. Thanks a lot!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Your child would need a family dependent visa.

Scotty_Xu

Mar 6, 2017
xpressentry said:
Your child would need a family dependent visa.
Thank you for the reply. That is what I thought. But I cannot find the family dependent visa on the CIC website. It is really hard to find a right visa type for her. Maybe an extended visitor visa?