+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MS AT UNI OF VICTORIA?

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BC TOO EXPENSIVE!!!!!!

In terms of jobs,vancouver is the poorest.There are no jobs here man even the worsts jobs are still hard to find.I have lived here for to 2.5 yrs but finding ajob has been the most challenging.I would advice anyone coming to canada not to come to BC.Housing is so so expensive,very high taxes infact if you are an international student getting even a part time work is impossible.I am here as international student but the going has been so so tough.My friends in the US who are also students have got jobs they are doing to support themselves both in college and outise but me nothing.Here there are no even student housing,very very expensive not less 500.Guys move to other plaaces but BC hell NO!!

My next move now is straight to US....Anyone with info about cities in the US with job opportunities and affordable to stay,pls help.

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there is nothing in Vancouver bro that's y we are moving away

Kingtochi

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012
Re: BC TOO EXPENSIVE!!!!!!

Habil said:
In terms of jobs,vancouver is the poorest.There are no jobs here man even the worsts jobs are still hard to find.I have lived here for to 2.5 yrs but finding ajob has been the most challenging.I would advice anyone coming to canada not to come to BC.Housing is so so expensive,very high taxes infact if you are an international student getting even a part time work is impossible.I am here as international student but the going has been so so tough.My friends in the US who are also students have got jobs they are doing to support themselves both in college and outise but me nothing.Here there are no even student housing,very very expensive not less 500.Guys move to other plaaces but BC hell NO!!

My next move now is straight to US....Anyone with info about cities in the US with job opportunities and affordable to stay,pls help.
Hi Habil, I would advise you to hang in there. You can research other cities in Canada that are affordable and move there. Please before moving to the US, also think twice. The US is extremely stressful and challenging after graduation. You are better of than your friends in the US. Also some cities in the US are more expensive than some cities in Canada when it comes housing, like DC, NYC, FL, CA. You friends would tell you the other side of US after graduation. They are still in honey moon face. I was there during my graduate program in the US. The crime rate is also high. In the US, people are very sensitive to internationals. The US is currently experiencing economy stress and huge budget cut. A lot of jobs will go. I assume the challenges you are facing in BC has to do with experience. The employers in BC are looking for experience. Change you strategy, try to network and volunteer, go for conference. Please I would encourage you to start talking to people in BC and use your time wisely. I am currently working in the US as a social worker. I have networked some employers in Canada and they are ready to hire me once I move to Canada. I also attend conferences in Canada. Please what are you studying in Canada?

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Habil said:

No need to trash BC if you have had a bad experience.... i know tons of people who have had their best experiences in BC. Jobs are tough to get all around with a lack of experience but its understandable. I had a tough time finding a job after graduation but had no problem looking for a part time job. It just depends on if you are picky about jobs. I have worked as a waiter, bouncer, taxi driver etc. No such thing as a small job, its the work experience that counts.

Perhaps other students in BC can share their experience too (good/ bad).

Kingtochi

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012

just_do_it said:
No need to trash BC if you have had a bad experience.... i know tons of people who have had their best experiences in BC. Jobs are tough to get all around with a lack of experience but its understandable. I had a tough time finding a job after graduation but had no problem looking for a part time job. It just depends on if you are picky about jobs. I have worked as a waiter, bouncer, taxi driver etc. No such thing as a small job, its the work experience that counts.

Perhaps other students in BC can share their experience too (good/ bad).
Hi Just_do_it, I really like your response. That is the way to go!

Aug 22, 2013
harsh_mba said:
Hi,

I am going for MS in Computer Science . Yes bro no doubt Victoria is an expensive city to live in , but hey my brother is in hamilton ontario
and hez paying a rent of 400$ a month with shared utilities... nw vancouver is supposed to be much better in part time jobs than victoria being a bigger city ........

Any way bro , my younger bro hardly gets time to work part time , if ur enrolled in a quality university i doubt u can take out much time for part time jobs nd keep ur grades high. my bro usually takes part in uni volunteering stuff to make up for the no job ex in his resume..

I belive its important first to get into a good uni with quality education... victoria's fees is more affordable becoz there is very little diff int he fees for local/international students....the whole tution fees for MBA is a mere 30k$ which is pretty ok since it is a professional
course....

getting into loer end universities for the same of provincial PNP is a huge risk becoz u never know hen rules change , hence i belive its imp to get quality education get a job nd den think abt ways to get a PR

Regards

Harsh

Hi Harsh, This is Naveen and I'm starting at Mohawk from this September and I'm actually looking for shared accommodation. Can you give me any contacts or stuff to know about that or can you ask your brother whether is there any space for one more shared accommodation??

saadsdk

Sep 13, 2012
SadiqAbad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-07-2013
Med's Request
22-07-2013
Med's Done....
25-07-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on 24-12-2013
Hi, i got admission in university of victoria and uni of ottawa. which uni i should join. please help me with ur experience??

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
saadsdk said:
Hi, i got admission in university of victoria and uni of ottawa. which uni i should join. please help me with ur experience??
u got admission for Jan'14 intake? and which is ur course?

saadsdk

Sep 13, 2012
SadiqAbad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-07-2013
Med's Request
22-07-2013
Med's Done....
25-07-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on 24-12-2013
i got admission in MEng course in sept 2013 session

saadsdk

Sep 13, 2012
SadiqAbad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-07-2013
Med's Request
22-07-2013
Med's Done....
25-07-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on 24-12-2013
gibinv said:
ok...congratz...could u please share ur profile?
BE 74% and IELTS 6.5 but now i m stuck in visa process...they put me on waiting list after medical.. i think i would deffer my session to January..

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
saadsdk said:
BE 74% and IELTS 6.5 but now i m stuck in visa process...they put me on waiting list after medical.. i think i would deffer my session to January..
oh..ok...best wishes..

Seema_Sinha

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
I also got offer letter from Victoria university today.I applied for MSc in Health Information Science for Jan 2014 intake..

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
Seema_Sinha said:
I also got offer letter from Victoria university today.I applied for MSc in Health Information Science for Jan 2014 intake..

congrats....how many months after application, u got acceptance letter?

Concordia

Apr 21, 2013
I have also applied at Victoria on 6th August for Winter 2014 but my GPA is 2.5 (55%) I did BE in industrial and Manufacturing and applied for M.Eng (Mechanical) at Victoria.

I have not got any response yet.

I have wrote email to program adviser and she told me I need supervisor for M.Eng as well. So I wrote email to email to Mechanical Eng. department and ask abt it. But still have no response.

Guys kindly share your experience, how long it will took you to get admission? did you approach supervisor for M.Eng by your self?

Regards,