+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MS AT UNI OF VICTORIA?

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
Hi,

has any body been selected or applied for Masters at Uni of Victoria?

You can post here...

If you are looking forward to apply please lemme know , i got accepted for the sept
intake..could help ya all id intrested..:)!!

Harsh

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
harsh_mba said:
Hi,

You can post here...

If you are looking forward to apply please lemme know , i got accepted for the sept

Harsh
Bro planning to apply for MBA @ U of Victoria ......wht are ur thoughts abt future prospects in Victoria nd PR in BC.

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
very reputed business school , u need at least a 600 to crack it here, one of my friends got a rejection at 585 .

It a very nice place to live, uvic's co-op is one of the best in canada nd it helps a lot to
make contacts nd finally bag a job after grad and hence get that PR. unfortunately the masters pilot prog is closing this may so
that isnt an option.

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
harsh_mba said:
very reputed business school , u need at least a 600 to crack it here, one of my friends got a rejection at 585 .

It a very nice place to live, uvic's co-op is one of the best in canada nd it helps a lot to
make contacts nd finally bag a job after grad and hence get that PR. unfortunately the masters pilot prog is closing this may so
that isnt an option.
Hey Harsh ....thnkx for the info bro!!!!!
You are rite wid BC(Vancouver+Victoria) one of the best places to live in Canada in terms of climate and picturesque view and also co-op progrm is of real help for international candidates...........what I heard is that its difficult to get job there as jobs are few and also its pretty expensive city as compared to other Canadian cities such as Calgary/Edmonton.
Also taxes are higher and jobs are low paying......

Which MS u got admit in and u going ahead wid it?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

cute_guy said:
Hey Harsh ....thnkx for the info bro!!!!!
You are rite wid BC(Vancouver+Victoria) one of the best places to live in Canada in terms of climate and picturesque view and also co-op progrm is of real help for international candidates...........what I heard is that its difficult to get job there as jobs are few and also its pretty expensive city as compared to other Canadian cities such as Calgary/Edmonton.
Also taxes are higher and jobs are low paying......

1. Victoria: the most beautiful (and the best) place to live in Canada. It's expensive in terms of rent, extremely unlikely to have anything below CAD 420/month, one room/shared utilities.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

harsh_mba said:

that isnt an option.

1. That Master program is restricted to medical/health science related studies.

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
enfield said:
Hi,

1. Victoria: the most beautiful (and the best) place to live in Canada. It's expensive in terms of rent, extremely unlikely to have anything below CAD 420/month, one room/shared utilities.
Thnkx for re-affirming my thoughts .........any idea abt job prospects in BC as compared to Ontario or Alberta .....I think Alberta and Ontario do have edge in terms of number opportunities and also pay level as compared to BC.
People usually want to shift to BC and would do it with a blink of an eye, but they don't find suitable jobs there and hence refrain from making a move.......

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
Hi,

I am going for MS in Computer Science . Yes bro no doubt Victoria is an expensive city to live in , but hey my brother is in hamilton ontario
and hez paying a rent of 400$ a month with shared utilities... nw vancouver is supposed to be much better in part time jobs than victoria being a bigger city ........

Any way bro , my younger bro hardly gets time to work part time , if ur enrolled in a quality university i doubt u can take out much time for part time jobs nd keep ur grades high. my bro usually takes part in uni volunteering stuff to make up for the no job ex in his resume..

I belive its important first to get into a good uni with quality education... victoria's fees is more affordable becoz there is very little diff int he fees for local/international students....the whole tution fees for MBA is a mere 30k$ which is pretty ok since it is a professional
course....

getting into loer end universities for the same of provincial PNP is a huge risk becoz u never know hen rules change , hence i belive its imp to get quality education get a job nd den think abt ways to get a PR

Regards

Harsh

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
harsh_mba said:

that isnt an option.
Can you please let me know how much did you score for your GMAt and text book you followed. Also please let me know the time given each for its preparation and how did u manage it. Can you please send me your SOP at : ayaz_b85@hotmail.com I shall be thankful. I am very much interested in getting myself prepared for GMAT and apply for the same. Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Ayaz

Kingtochi

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012
harsh_mba said:
Hi,

You can post here...

Harsh
Hi Harsh_Mba,

I also applied to UVic for the Fall Semester but I have not heard from the school regarding my application. I called the school and I was told that the department will make their decision next month. I applied to MA in Dispute Resolution and Public Administration. I am currently working in US as a Social Worker for the past two years and more. I also have a maters degree from the US. When did you get accepted? Did you receive any funding or fellowship with your admission? Because I really need that fellowship. Victoria is a great place to be. I have a friends & classmate who moved from the US to Vancouver and currently working in the hospital and doing his Phd. The hospitals are really looking for my skills. I cannot wait to run away from here! Hope to read from you man.

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
Hi Harsh,

Can you share your profile.
i have applied for MS course in computer science but haven't got any response yet.

10:-69%
12:-64%
Engg:-77%
IELTS:-7
EXP:-4.5 yrs in IT

Cheers
Sushil

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
Harsh/All,

Checked my status its still shows:-

First Term: Sep - Dec 2013 Computer Science (MSc) Dec 05 2012 App forwarded: Interim Review

WTF its been 3 months i have submitted the online form still its in same status
Can some one help what should be done?

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
harsh_mba said:
Hi,

I am going for MS in Computer Science . Yes bro no doubt Victoria is an expensive city to live in , but hey my brother is in hamilton ontario
and hez paying a rent of 400$ a month with shared utilities... nw vancouver is supposed to be much better in part time jobs than victoria being a bigger city ........

Any way bro , my younger bro hardly gets time to work part time , if ur enrolled in a quality university i doubt u can take out much time for part time jobs nd keep ur grades high. my bro usually takes part in uni volunteering stuff to make up for the no job ex in his resume..

I belive its important first to get into a good uni with quality education... victoria's fees is more affordable becoz there is very little diff int he fees for local/international students....the whole tution fees for MBA is a mere 30k$ which is pretty ok since it is a professional
course....

getting into loer end universities for the same of provincial PNP is a huge risk becoz u never know hen rules change , hence i belive its imp to get quality education get a job nd den think abt ways to get a PR

Regards

Harsh
Bro I'm talking about post Masters job prospects and not part time . This has been told to me by some Indians currently doing MBA from SFU,that BC (Vancouver+Victoria) has less job opportunities and that many students move to Toronto or Calgary for better prospects post MBA from BC Univ.

I could not agree with you more that its always better to go for good colleges and then think of PNP/PR, but I'm also eyeing post MBA job prospects, as without that your Masters is of no use until you are looking to start your own business.

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
Bro toronto , ottawa , alberta are booming econimies so no doubt job prospects r better....but vancouver has a lot of
Job oppurtunities...

Bro i think it as getting quality education first scoring good nd then looking for.jobs
Nd being open to relocate. SFU , UBC , Victoria r reputed.in entire canada....

Plus managemeny jobs r an essential part of evety industry ...