+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP SKILLED WORKERS IN MANITOBA DRAW #55 #56 #57

jsjagday

Mar 6, 2020
I got a refusal letter yesterday. Their reason is just too flimsy. It seems Manitoba has decided to shot down any family connection including those who assessment in process.

Dear MPNP,
I received your refusal letter and saw the specific reason why I was refused. However, I do not have any problems in addressing the concerns to submit a new expression of interest.

I will be glad if you can be specific on the particular document that would address your concerns as indicated in your refusal reasons below:

Specifically, you did not provide sufficiently credible documents to demonstrate your family relationship to your Manitoba Supporter. Your reply to our Procedural Fairness Letter and provided documents did not address the concerns regarding proof of family relationship documents in a satisfactory manner. As a result, your MPNP Application cannot be approved.

From the PFL, I have provided all the necessary document requested both from my side and Manitoba Supporter. Once you clarify the specific document that you actually need or that is missing and could address the particular concern, I will address the concern and submit a new expression of interest to address the concerns or reasons described above.

Thank you and best regards
what is ur relation with mpnp supporter and how you explained it them???

ADE79

Jan 19, 2020
what is ur relation with mpnp supporter and how you explained it to them???
He is my first cousin, mother's side. I got a letter of attestations for myself, cousin and his dad. They sent an ADR and provided those, they sent PFL that they had concern on the authenticity of the attestations and requested for cousin birth regs, utility bills, PR or int'l passport, Health card. Also, i provided a verification letter from National Population Commission Nigeria for each of the attestations, in addition to authentication from the ministry of foreign affairs for each of the attestations including the payment receipts for all. But I observed one thing. The prob might be that there is a missing letter that differential my cousin surname from my mums when the family changed the surname with just removal of a letter. My cousin did affidavit during his own PR processing to correct that but we felt since my mum was married long ago, there was no need to do that except the ask. My cousin planned to explain if they called him, he didn't want us to be proactive but they didn't call him before taking their final decision. Do you advise I do an affidavit and send to them as they said:
You are not eligible to submit a new Expression of Interest to this program until at least six months from the date of this letter or until you have addressed the concerns or reasons described above

Last edited:

mkgb

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
He is my first cousin, mother's side. I got a letter of attestations for myself, cousin and his dad. They sent an ADR and provided those, they sent PFL that they had concern on the authenticity of the attestations and requested for cousin birth regs, utility bills, PR or int'l passport, Health card. Also, i provided a verification letter from National Population Commission Nigeria for each of the attestations, in addition to authentication from the ministry of foreign affairs for each of the attestations including the payment receipts for all. But I observed one thing. The prob might be that there is a missing letter that differential my cousin surname from my mums when the family changed the surname with just removal of a letter. My cousin did affidavit during his own PR processing to correct that but we felt since my mum was married long ago, there was no need to do that except the ask. My cousin planned to explain if they called him, he didn't want us to be proactive but they didn't call him before taking their final decision. Do you advise I do an affidavit and send to them as they said:
You are not eligible to submit a new Expression of Interest to this program until at least six months from the date of this letter or until you have addressed the concerns or reasons described above
I am really sorry about that @ADE79. I think they needed additional documents to proof the relationship. Apart from the letters of attestation of births, you could have provided the marriage certificate (or any evidence of it) of your parents and your cousin's parents. That would have solved the problem. As it is, you just have to wait for the six months and ensure you get those documents ready then. Wish you the very best!

ADE79

Jan 19, 2020
I am really sorry about that @ADE79. I think they needed additional documents to proof the relationship. Apart from the letters of attestation of births, you could have provided the marriage certificate (or any evidence of it) of your parents and your cousin's parents. That would have solved the problem. As it is, you just have to wait for the six months and ensure you get those documents ready then. Wish you the very best!
My parents do not have their marriage certs, they got married in the early 70s, and I don't think we can get his parents too.

Canadian Esther

Apr 29, 2017
Hello Ade79,
Sorry to hear about the Refusal.
What date(s) do you have on the Attestations i.e. when were they done? Is it recently?
Was the ADR and PFL issued at the same time?
Was the "Differential" missing Alphabet raised in the PFL?
Did you submit your Cousin's Name Affidavit during your PFL response?
Did you give a detailed explanation on each of the points raised in the PFL?
The final resort will be for you both to get DNA tests done in Reputable/Accreditable Labs to prove Relationship and then request for a Reconsideration OR Reapply.
Thank you.

ADE79

Jan 19, 2020
Hello Ade79,
Sorry to hear about the Refusal.
What date(s) do you have on the Attestations i.e. when were they done? Is it recently?
Was the ADR and PFL issued at the same time?
Was the "Differential" missing Alphabet raised in the PFL?
Did you submit your Cousin's Name Affidavit during your PFL response?
Did you give a detailed explanation on each of the points raised in the PFL?
The final resort will be for you both to get DNA tests done in Reputable/Accreditable Labs to prove Relationship and then request for a Reconsideration OR Reapply.
Thank you.
The ADR came in October that I should submit a document showing the tie btw mum, cousin, and his dad, I got a notarized attestation and submitted. In Dec they sent a PFL that they had concern on the authenticity of the NPC attestation and his birth reg submitted which was not legible and clear, they also requested for his Health card, a utility bill for three months, data page of his Canadian passport or clearer copy of PR. He just got his citizenship, so we submitted all including a verification letter from NPC for each of the attestations, I also submitted my own attestations too with verification by National Population Commission Nigeria and the ministry of foreign affairs also authenticated all the docs. I also submitted online payment receipt for the transactions with the government agencies who issued those documents. The diff missing letters was not addressed in the PFL response because they didn't ask and we didn't want to be proactive bcos my cousin thought when they called him and raised it he would address it and since they didn't raise that in the PFL. I didnt not attach a letter of explanation but just an email response alongside uploaded document. I didnt submit my cousin affidavit when he did his own change of missing letter because he felt they would check his own file,

Canadian Esther

Apr 29, 2017
The ADR came in October that I should submit a document showing the tie btw mum, cousin, and his dad, I got a notarized attestation and submitted. In Dec they sent a PFL that they had concern on the authenticity of the NPC attestation and his birth reg submitted which was not legible and clear, they also requested for his Health card, a utility bill for three months, data page of his Canadian passport or clearer copy of PR. He just got his citizenship, so we submitted all including a verification letter from NPC for each of the attestations, I also submitted my own attestations too with verification by National Population Commission Nigeria and the ministry of foreign affairs also authenticated all the docs. I also submitted online payment receipt for the transactions with the government agencies who issued those documents. The diff missing letters was not addressed in the PFL response because they didn't ask and we didn't want to be proactive bcos my cousin thought when they called him and raised it he would address it and since they didn't raise that in the PFL. I didnt not attach a letter of explanation but just an email response alongside uploaded document. I didnt submit my cousin affidavit when he did his own change of missing letter because he felt they would check his own file,
You're using the term attestation 'loosely'; your response to the ADR, the "notarized attestation" was it issued by NPC or it's just an Affidavit?
ALL necessary documentations are to be submitted especially in response to a PFL. A Detailed Letter of Explanation is where the "magic' lies for you to explain whatever discrepancies there might be and tie ALL loose ends. Also, this is where you will explain what document(s) you have provided in response to each and every concerns/issues raised. For the records; it's always important to be proactive, howbeit in a cautious way.
If you do not want to go the DNA route; mayhap your cousin might go to their office to explain (this is a long shot though but you never know).
It is important you get to the bottom of this, as whatever future application you submit to the MPNP (SWO) will be viewed in the light of this.
Thanks.

ADE79

Jan 19, 2020
You're using the term attestation 'loosely'; your response to the ADR, the "notarized attestation" was it issued by NPC or it's just an Affidavit?
ALL necessary documentations are to be submitted especially in response to a PFL. A Detailed Letter of Explanation is where the "magic' lies for you to explain whatever discrepancies there might be and tie ALL loose ends. Also, this is where you will explain what document(s) you have provided in response to each and every concern/issue raised. For the records; it's always important to be proactive, howbeit in a cautious way.
If you do not want to go the DNA route; mayhap your cousin might go to their office to explain (this is a long shot though but you never know).
It is important you get to the bottom of this, as whatever future application you submit to the MPNP (SWO) will be viewed in the light of this.
Thanks.
Yes, it was issued by NPC. All documents issued by NPC. You're quite right, I didn't write LOE alongside to explain any discrepancy. As it is now, can I get a Notary public to do a document to address this alongside an affidavit?

Canadian Esther

Apr 29, 2017
Yes, it was issued by NPC. All documents issued by NPC. You're quite right, I didn't write LOE alongside to explain any discrepancy. As it is now, can I get a Notary public to do a document to address this alongside an affidavit?
I think they have enough Affidavit from you for now.
You could prepare a detailed LOE; speak with your cousin to brief him/her; and plead with him/her to go to the MPNP office and then do as much as they can to explain the situation of things; again I must say, this is a long shot. Thanks.