+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP route for 1 year work experience gained in MB

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
I graduated Bachelor degree from an ON university and are currently working (NOC 2174) with a MB employers through 3 years PGWP (expires 2025).

By next October, I would have 1 year of experience and I want to get my PR rather quickly for personal reason. CEC would be a normal route but I'm concerned since they haven't done any draws since September of last year. My current company is more than willing to support MB PNP even if my PGWP is still valid way for long. With that being said, it looks like I'm eligible under skilled workers in Manitoba route (under TFW) even after 6 months of work experience.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
I graduated Bachelor degree from an ON university and are currently working (NOC 2174) with a MB employers through 3 years PGWP (expires 2025).

By next October, I would have 1 year of experience and I want to get my PR rather quickly for personal reason. CEC would be a normal route but I'm concerned since they haven't done any draws since September of last year. My current company is more than willing to support MB PNP even if my PGWP is still valid way for long. With that being said, it looks like I'm eligible under skilled workers in Manitoba route (under TFW) even after 6 months of work experience.
You will automatically lose 100 points because you graduated from an institution outside Manitoba. Keep that in mind, it is stated on the website.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Did you check under ”Qualifying employment?” It seems that you will be eligible once you have a year of experience since you did not graduate in Manitoba. You can count points then. This is under qualifying employment:

Requirements for International Students from other provinces: If you graduated from a post-secondary program in another Canadian province and want to apply to the MPNP for Skilled Workers under this category because you’ve been offered a job in Manitoba, to be eligible you must first have been working for that Manitoba employer for at least one year.

Reactions: Miracle2018

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Did you check under ”Qualifying employment?” It seems that you will be eligible once you have a year of experience since you did not graduate in Manitoba. You can count points then. This is under qualifying employment:

Requirements for International Students from other provinces: If you graduated from a post-secondary program in another Canadian province and want to apply to the MPNP for Skilled Workers under this category because you’ve been offered a job in Manitoba, to be eligible you must first have been working for that Manitoba employer for at least one year.
I mentioned exactly 1 year for this reason.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Yes, but do I get the 500 points due to ongoing employment ?.
If you are found to be qualified you will get 600 points, you will lose points when they are analyzing your profile, before they decide to give you or not pnp nomination

stajinder455

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
Hello actually it’s regarding my brother before he have a lmia based work permit as a general farmer in British Columbia but due to Covid he’s didn’t work there for a single day but before his work permit about to expire he got another lmia from Winnipeg as a truck driver so now in mpnp Eoi does he loss 100 points for work experience in other provinces. Or there is no points deduction in EOI
Thanks

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hello actually it’s regarding my brother before he have a lmia based work permit as a general farmer in British Columbia but due to Covid he’s didn’t work there for a single day but before his work permit about to expire he got another lmia from Winnipeg as a truck driver so now in mpnp Eoi does he loss 100 points for work experience in other provinces. Or there is no points deduction in EOI
Thanks
Yes, he would still lose 100 points bc he graduated in another province, not Manitoba

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Actually he didn’t study in Canada. He came on work permit as a general farm worker
It doesn't matter, if he workes or study in another province other than Manitoba he will still lose 100 points. In order to gwt the full points, everything should be done in Manitoba, no traces of other provinces in Canada

stajinder455

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
It doesn't matter, if he workes or study in another province other than Manitoba he will still lose 100 points. In order to gwt the full points, everything should be done in Manitoba, no traces of other provinces in Canada
Yes that’s what he is doing now. He’s getting experience in Manitoba now. In other province he got the work permit but didn’t get any work experience can we explain it to MPNP officials?