+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP RENEWAL- New Changes- Student On PGWP

Wall_e

Dec 5, 2017
Hope Everyone doing great. I am a international student at University of Manitoba graduating this fall. I will be starting full time work soon. I came across new changes In MPNP program that are coming to effect in 2018, so called MPNP renewal program.

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/mpnp-renewal/

It has launched some new streams and bring changes to old streams too, which will be effected between now and late 2018.

One of New stream is launching of International Education stream IES , which will be eliminating 6 month work requirement. If got full time filed related / In demand list job , can apply right away. This is not what I am interested in right now, as I am a science student and it its pretty bad when it comes to finding a job on mere a bachelor degree. (errhhhhh......)

They have kept old /current stream too , Skilled Worker in Manitoba, along with new IES stream but made few changes to it which will come in effect in Q3 2018, I think July 2018 ???

What really got me worried is this change : "International Students: Manitoba Graduates in occupations not on Manitoba’s published In-demand Occupations list who have worked a minimum of 12 months in Manitoba.”

So my question is if I end up doing some other job which is not in in demand list , do I have to work for 12 months and then apply?

So won’t it be 6 months anymore?

If I start work by end of December and complete my 6 months by end of June 2018, would I be eligible for old MPNP program? . OR there is a chance that Rules come to effect earlier than anticipated date (Q3 2018 ).

Am I making any sense? lol I know my thread look little messy but I hope I am not the only one confused about this!!

Hope to hear back from you guys. Thank you and have a good day.

(Please excuse my grammatical errors & omissions-p)

Last edited:

DanielEcu

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Quito, Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
VAC - Upfront
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2017
LANDED..........
Will be 05-07-2017
Hi there, according to MPNP representatives, if the changes have not come to effect yet, you can apply under the current conditions. Otherwise, if for example, you have been working for 5 months when the changes come to effect, they will be flexible and consider your case even if you have not worked 6 months. In the case you cannot apply under the current conditions and you don't find a job in the in demand list, Yes, you will have to work for 1 year. But, the in demand list will be updated on a monthly basis and more jobs will be added.
Hope this helps

Wall_e

Dec 5, 2017
Thank you so much Daniel for giving such an amazing news!
So did yo talk to one of MPNP representative in person or via email? Cause , rules for 12 months condition are going to in effect in JULY this year, which means that if some one is even able to start work by Mid or end of January he still could be consider for Current MPNP regulations. Right ?

bbacm

Jun 9, 2017
Just running into this now. I received my LAA Jan 17th 2019.
And I've only worked 7 months. :/
I don't know what that means. Maybe they aren't taking it too seriously?