+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP - Post Graduate Work Permit expiring, need help!

Creamc

Aug 31, 2018
Can we continue to work during those 3 + 3 months ?
You can only work while still on implied status, once you get the refusal letter and request to restore your status, you have to stop working so you don't run into troubles with CIC.

sedsum

Star Member
Dec 7, 2019
Can we continue to work during those 3 + 3 months ?
If you have a valid status or implied status, I think you can. It also depends upon employer as well whether they will allow you to to work or not.

sedsum

Star Member
Dec 7, 2019
Yes, you can apply for a work permit with your letter of support. Good luck!
I have submitted those using the Web Portal. Whether they will accept those files even after my application submission is still a mystery as I have not got any response from an actual person who takes care of those files.

I may never get a response and will get the decision, this is also possible.

To apply WP with Nominee Letter and WPSL only, I have got quite a contradictory view but meanwhile, I will submit the LMIA exempt fee with the help of the employer as well.

annew1128

Oct 8, 2019
So what I did was, I waited until 2 weeks before the expiration of my PGWP to apply for an extension. Be advised, the extension will be refused as PGWP is only issued once so this only buys you time to wait for a nomination. Or get an employer to apply for an LMIA on your behalf. My extension was refused (of course I knew it would) IRCC would then give another 90 days to restore your status or leave the country. I'm a physician's assistant, so by the time the extension came back refused, I already was nominated and had a job offer from the hospital where I work. I don't know where you work right now, but you could speak to your employer and explain your situation most employers understand this. Or, you could apply to skip the dishes, they hire and apply for LMIA for their employees needing this. I hope this helps you! it's a very tight situation but just hang in there.
Hi, after you got the nomination, did you apply for the Bridging open work permit right away?

Creamc

Aug 31, 2018
Hi, after you got the nomination, did you apply for the Bridging open work permit right away?
Yes, I did ...please do it ASAP. Mine came as a closed work permit because my implied status had expired and I was on the 90 days restoration period.

Vicky8080

Jun 6, 2022
Hii I m also in the same situation I applied for mpnp on Jan and for work permit ext in Feb but my wp got rejected today and I didn’t received mpnp yet. What Did u do can u tell plss. I m very stressed

stajinder455

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
I have submitted those using the Web Portal. Whether they will accept those files even after my application submission is still a mystery as I have not got any response from an actual person who takes care of those files.

I may never get a response and will get the decision, this is also possible.

To apply WP with Nominee Letter and WPSL only, I have got quite a contradictory view but meanwhile, I will submit the LMIA exempt fee with the help of the employer as well.
Hi
My work permit is going to expire in September 4 2023. I submit my full application to mpnp on June 11 2023. My employer is willing to pay compliance fee. If I email to mpnp regarding my work permit expire situation is it helpful to speed up the process ?

Frank659

Nov 28, 2020
Hi,

I applied for MPNP on June 15th 2023 and my PGWP expires in March 2024. My MPNP status still shows recieved. Please what are my options of extending my PGWP?

Please help.

Frank659

Nov 28, 2020
Hi
My work permit is going to expire in September 4 2023. I submit my full application to mpnp on June 11 2023. My employer is willing to pay compliance fee. If I email to mpnp regarding my work permit expire situation is it helpful to speed up the process ?
Please what's the update on your situation?