+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP IES career employment pathway

Dingi

May 8, 2024
I submitted an EOI under IES career employment pathway and I received my LAA on May 2nd. I have and am working for a Manitoban employer with the offer on the in-demand occupation list which is also consistent with my study in Manitoba.

On my LAA, I was invited as a Skilled Worker (MPNP-SW). On the eligibility page, by following the questions, I was guided all way down to the question asking me to do a self-assessment as a skilled worker who is not employed in Manitoba and give a score accordingly. I am currently working in Manitoba, so how come I was guided to this question? Do I have to give a score to continue my application?

kushwaha

Apr 2, 2024
Since you are already employed I don't think so any issues. I believe you should submit your application.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
I submitted an EOI under IES career employment pathway and I received my LAA on May 2nd. I have and am working for a Manitoban employer with the offer on the in-demand occupation list which is also consistent with my study in Manitoba.

On my LAA, I was invited as a Skilled Worker (MPNP-SW). On the eligibility page, by following the questions, I was guided all way down to the question asking me to do a self-assessment as a skilled worker who is not employed in Manitoba and give a score accordingly. I am currently working in Manitoba, so how come I was guided to this question? Do I have to give a score to continue my application?
Make sure you reach at least 60 points and you're good

kushwaha

Apr 2, 2024
Make sure you reach at least 60 points and you're good
When he applied EOI he must have filled all criteria including, education, experience and employement offer and based on that there is minimum cutoff. I know SWM cutoff was 800+ in the last draw so if he does not prove that then there will be an issue. Since he said he is having in-demand occupation job offer then he can get 500 points + education + english + age so I believe it will be 800+ for him and he should not have any issue.
And why I am saying this, lets say if cutoff is 700 and someone applied EOI claiming 750 then he/she must show at least 700 if have less than that then it will be an edge case.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
When he applied EOI he must have filled all criteria including, education, experience and employement offer and based on that there is minimum cutoff. I know SWM cutoff was 800+ in the last draw so if he does not prove that then there will be an issue. Since he said he is having in-demand occupation job offer then he can get 500 points + education + english + age so I believe it will be 800+ for him and he should not have any issue.
And why I am saying this, lets say if cutoff is 700 and someone applied EOI claiming 750 then he/she must show at least 700 if have less than that then it will be an edge case.
He is not applying for SWM but Career Employment Pathway for international students, therefore, he doesn't need to have 800+