+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP General Stream Applicants

kurtsebastian

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tabs179 said:
I lived in UK for 6 years, I miss it because flights are cheap in Europe and I can go to many countries there. But it seems that my fate is in Canada not Europe.

Wherever you will go, just PM me anytime. I will try my level best to be as active as possible here. Of course, when the job starts, it can be quite a distraction to Canadavisa.com LoL
Yes, I read about that you have been in UK, your words are encouraging enough for us to really pursue UK. :D But of course, we are aiming for a long term one, UK will only offer 3-5 years of stay depending on the sponsorship of my wife. Plus, the citizenship in UK is quite complicated than in Canada.

Oh well, let just see if where will God put us. Thanks Tabs, if we will be accepted in UK, I will ask about tips on how to survive there. All the best. I will keep you posted. ;D

tabs179

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
Doc's Request.
MPNP Requests: Current Bank Statement (submitted 22 May 2013) and Current Letter of Employment (submitted 17 June 2013)
Nomination.....
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-09-2013
Med's Request
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Sponsor Interview for MPNP: 13 June 2013
Passport Req..
30-01-2014 (additional documents - requests new NBI)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014/ 17-02-2014 (amended)
LANDED..........
14-04-2014
kurtsebastian said:
Yes, I read about that you have been in UK, your words are encouraging enough for us to really pursue UK. :D But of course, we are aiming for a long term one, UK will only offer 3-5 years of stay depending on the sponsorship of my wife. Plus, the citizenship in UK is quite complicated than in Canada.

Oh well, let just see if where will God put us. Thanks Tabs, if we will be accepted in UK, I will ask about tips on how to survive there. All the best. I will keep you posted. ;D
As far as I know, until 2011, the immigration policy for UK is this, if your wife applied under employment visa, then you will need to be in UK under that visa for five years to be eligible for PR (UK calls it, indefinite right to stay). Once you get your PR, you won't need any sponsorship and you are free to change jobs, if you want to (just like in Canada). Then after 5 years, you can apply for citizenship after passing the citizenship examination (vs. the 4 years to Canada). It's faster in UK because you won't wait for a year or more to get a citizenship examination.

I tried PR, that's why I did post graduate degree, but in 2010, the year I started my master's, the government changed the policy, and I wasn't eligible anymore. And I cannot find a sponsor, so, here I am heading to Canada.

UK might be a long road, but it's still not a bad route if your wife gets 5 years work employment. Or, you can re-apply to Canada from UK. Whatever it is, there will be something there for your plans to migrate. Just never give up (mine took 3 years and six months to get that visa in Canada), I didn't. ;D ;D ;D

kurtsebastian

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tabs179 said:
As far as I know, until 2011, the immigration policy for UK is this, if your wife applied under employment visa, then you will need to be in UK to be eligible for PR (UK calls it, indefinite right to stay). Once you get your PR, you won't need any sponsorship and you are free to change jobs, if you want to (just like in Canada). Then after 5 years, you can apply for citizenship after passing the citizenship examination (vs. the 4 years to Canada). It's faster in UK because you won't wait for a year or more to get a citizenship examination.

I tried PR, that's why I did post graduate degree, but in 2010, the year I started my master's, the government changed the policy, and I wasn't eligible anymore. And I cannot find a sponsor, so, here I am heading to Canada.

UK might be a long road, but it's still not a bad route if your wife gets 5 years work employment. Or, you can re-apply to Canada from UK. Whatever it is, there will be something there for your plans to migrate. Just never give up (mine took 3 years and six months to get that visa in Canada), I didn't. ;D ;D ;D
Wow, I did not know that, thanks again for the enlightenment Tabs. I really appreciate your words. If that is the case then (and provided that my wife aced her upcoming employer's interview), we might just stay in UK. Plus, it's location is just perfect for traveling and the process for registration in our job is not that hard compared to Canada. I really thought that UK is somewhat rigid with its immigration policy.

Canada is really for you Tabs. Hehe. And it is a good thing you did not let go of the maple dream. :D Bon Voyage.

tabs179

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
Doc's Request.
MPNP Requests: Current Bank Statement (submitted 22 May 2013) and Current Letter of Employment (submitted 17 June 2013)
Nomination.....
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-09-2013
Med's Request
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-04-2014
kurtsebastian said:
Wow, I did not know that, thanks again for the enlightenment Tabs. I really appreciate your words. If that is the case then (and provided that my wife aced her upcoming employer's interview), we might just stay in UK. Plus, it's location is just perfect for traveling and the process for registration in our job is not that hard compared to Canada. I really thought that UK is somewhat rigid with its immigration policy.

Canada is really for you Tabs. Hehe. And it is a good thing you did not let go of the maple dream. :D Bon Voyage.
I just want to correct my sentence there " If your wife applied under the employment visa, then you will need to be in the UK for 5 years under that visa to get a PR."

Sorry, I might have given you false hope. It takes around 10 years to get a Brit passport. That's why I did say, it's a longer road.

I have also modified my previous message in case someone also read it.

kurtsebastian

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tabs179 said:
I just want to correct my sentence there " If your wife applied under the employment visa, then you will need to be in the UK for 5 years under that visa to get a PR."

Sorry, I might have given you false hope. It takes around 10 years to get a Brit passport. That's why I did say, it's a longer road.

I have also modified my previous message in case someone also read it.
Hehe. It is okay. You have given me enough info to convince us. Anyway, no matter how long the journey is if it God's will, it will surely happen. Thanks.

tabs179

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-09-2013
Med's Request
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-04-2014
kurtsebastian said:
Hehe. It is okay. You have given me enough info to convince us. Anyway, no matter how long the journey is if it God's will, it will surely happen. Thanks.
;D ;D ;D

Whew!!!

mandyrai

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
hi, balkaran

my sponsor made inquiry to mpnp office, they told that ur application is under processing, wats dis mean.
yet neither my sponsor nor be interviewed.......................

balkaran said:
Hello to all
am October2012 applicant.
AOR on 12August,2013
no supposner interview,or LOA
last day i enquire about my case status

answer from MPNP office :

Greetings,

The application placed in queue for pre-assessment. Once a decision has been made the applicant will receive notification in writing of the outcome.

The MPNP is based on a bilateral agreement with the Government of Canada which requires the province to thoroughly and consistently pre-screen all applicants to ensure that each nominee has a clearly demonstrated potential to become a successful economic immigrant to Manitoba.
This is why the MPNP processes the strongest applicants first by selecting those with confirmed employment, job-ready English, training and work experience indicating potential for employability and/or strong family connections.
Manitoba cannot guarantee processing times for any application because each application is assessed on its own merits and each requires follow-up with applicants and supporters to ensure program integrity.
Applicants who use the online application tool receive faster processing than people applying via regular mail (post).
Sincerely,
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
Online Application Support.

MR. SIDHU

Jan 30, 2014
LAND OF FIVE RIVERS
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/02/2012
AOR Received.
23/06/2013
File Transfer...
18/01/2014 to NDVO & 03/03/2014 to COLOMBO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hello friends !!

How are you guys?????

:D :D :D :D :D

keepingthefaith

Nov 28, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
3233/3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan. 24, 2014 looking for addl police clearance
Nomination.....
March, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct. 2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Aug. 23, 2013
Med's Request
Nov. 12, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov. 27, 2013 ECAS updated on Jan 17
Interview........
sponsor only
Passport Req..
Feb. 6, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received Feb 25; ECAS decision update Feb 22, 2014
LANDED..........
targets July, 2014
tabs179 said:
;D ;D ;D

Whew!!!
I've read your blog. Congrats! Have a safe trip! Please keep updating us on your experiences after landing.

tabs179

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-09-2013
Med's Request
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-04-2014
keepingthefaith said:
I've read your blog. Congrats! Have a safe trip! Please keep updating us on your experiences after landing.
Cheers!

CASE005

Jan 2, 2014
Hi Everyone

Please i need help in clarifying this situation i find myself in.. I submitted my MPNP application in October 2013 online and i got my File Number which means that my SP2 was also submitted right? when do you get a file number? am trying to find out if my sponsor has submitted the sp2 or not please advise

secondly i discovered on my sp2 form that my sponsors husband is presently a sponsor to his cousin under the FS stream and the application is still pending approval. and my sponsor is also sponsoring me under the GS stream cos she is close friend.

My question is this in light of the rule that says a person cannot be a sponsor to another person if he/she is presently a sponsor to another and the file is still pending approval .. hence.. will my sponsor be treated independently in this case or otherwise..???

Anyone with similar experience please share..a troubled soul needs comfort
Thanks All and good luck in all your applications..

Cheers

CASE005

Jan 2, 2014
Hi Everyone

Please i need help in clarifying this situation i find myself in.. my MPNP application was submitted in October 2013 online and i have my File Number which means that my SP2 was also submitted right? when do you get a file number? am trying to find out if my sponsor has submitted the sp2 or not please advise? ( my application was completed by my sponsor online .after i sent her the paper version copy.)

when i received the submitted copy of my sp2 ,i discovered on my sp2 form that my sponsors husband is presently a sponsor to his cousin under the FS stream and the application is still pending approval. and my sponsor is also sponsoring me under the GS stream cos she is close friend.

My question is this in light of the rule that says a person cannot be a sponsor to another person if he/she is presently a sponsor to another and the file is still pending approval .. hence.. will my sponsor be treated independently in this case or otherwise..Huh

Cheers

tabs179

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-09-2013
Med's Request
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-04-2014
CASE005 said:
Hi Everyone

Please i need help in clarifying this situation i find myself in.. my MPNP application was submitted in October 2013 online and i have my File Number which means that my SP2 was also submitted right? when do you get a file number? am trying to find out if my sponsor has submitted the sp2 or not please advise? ( my application was completed by my sponsor online .after i sent her the paper version copy.)

when i received the submitted copy of my sp2 ,i discovered on my sp2 form that my sponsors husband is presently a sponsor to his cousin under the FS stream and the application is still pending approval. and my sponsor is also sponsoring me under the GS stream cos she is close friend.

My question is this in light of the rule that says a person cannot be a sponsor to another person if he/she is presently a sponsor to another and the file is still pending approval .. hence.. will my sponsor be treated independently in this case or otherwise..Huh

Cheers
A husband and wife living under the same roof is considered as one sponsor. Therefore, they are not suppose to be sponsoring other people, it is okay to sponsor more than one if they are both/ all relatives, but not friends.

...hth

CASE005

Jan 2, 2014
@TABS..

Thanks for your answer but can you verify on what basis you reached your assumption is there a link you can help me with.. my sponsor is the wife and my friend her husband is the one who has an on going endorsement for his cousin..

Both her and her husband are both residents... if any one of them should endorse anyone is it regarded as a joint endorsement since they are a couple ?

CASE005

Jan 2, 2014
@Tabs..

I just clarified that they have only invited one friend which is me...the other is a relative ,they say its ok to do that under MPNP ..