AOR Received.
Feb. 4, 2013 (thru my email ad)
IELTS Request
submitted along with the MPNP application
Thanks Kurt... PM sent=)

Thinks Positive , LOA is on your way=)

God bless ! =)

kurtsebastian said:
Oh my. I am sorry to hear that. This is what i hate about MPNP they prolong the agony of applicants. What was the cause of the refusal? I suggest you reapply maybe this time is your luck.

mushie2182

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Cavite, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28, 2012
Doc's Request.
(MPNP) none so far.....
Nomination.....
waiting.....
AOR Received.
Feb. 4, 2013 (thru my email ad)
IELTS Request
submitted along with the MPNP application
Tabs179,
Thank you po... yup its very frustrating but after I've read your message (same with Kurt), i felt that i need to do something towards my re-application.

My problem is... my IELTS will expire also after 6months (May2014) if I will wait exactly 6months before re-applying.
Oh my... I need to fix and renew the requirements and need to talk first our sponsor...

Tabs179, you are also a Filipino right? Would you mind if I ask some questions regarding my case... I'll send you PM...

Thanks=)

tabs179 said:
I am so sorry to hear about your situation. It has been such a long wait and the results weren't fortunate, it can be quite frustrating.

I have been denied by MPNP 2x, I started applying in 2010 under Family Stream and got denied after a 9 month wait. I had to wait for 6 months to re-apply again (that is the rule, not sure if this is still the case). On my second attempt, I was denied again. Both application were due to lack of working hours.

I then applied through General Stream (January 2013, online), because this allows me to show a 10 year period of work experience instead of five (this rule has changed, now they only accept 5 years). And I got my LOA last July 2013.

Please don't lose hope. I strongly advise you to find out the reason and make those changes if it is within your capacity. Then, re-apply.

tabs179

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
Doc's Request.
MPNP Requests: Current Bank Statement (submitted 22 May 2013) and Current Letter of Employment (submitted 17 June 2013)
Nomination.....
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-09-2013
Med's Request
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Sponsor Interview for MPNP: 13 June 2013
Passport Req..
30-01-2014 (additional documents - requests new NBI)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014/ 17-02-2014 (amended)
LANDED..........
14-04-2014
mushie2182 said:
Tabs179,
Thank you po... yup its very frustrating but after I've read your message (same with Kurt), i felt that i need to do something towards my re-application.

My problem is... my IELTS will expire also after 6months (May2014) if I will wait exactly 6months before re-applying.
Oh my... I need to fix and renew the requirements and need to talk first our sponsor...

Tabs179, you are also a Filipino right? Would you mind if I ask some questions regarding my case... I'll send you PM...

Thanks=)

Yes, I am Filipino as well. Sure, send me a PM, I will try my best to share you my own experiences.

In regards to your IELTS though, unfortunately, you will have to do it again.

mong22

Oct 26, 2013
@tabs179
I would appreciate if may I know what was the reason of denied on your two previous applications. You stated that the working hours, I have a certificate of employment and it is not stated the working hours. Do I need to request again a COE that have working hours? My problem is the company is gone now. Thank you

tabs179 said:
I am so sorry to hear about your situation. It has been such a long wait and the results weren't fortunate, it can be quite frustrating.

I have been denied by MPNP 2x, I started applying in 2010 under Family Stream and got denied after a 9 month wait. I had to wait for 6 months to re-apply again (that is the rule, not sure if this is still the case). On my second attempt, I was denied again. Both application were due to lack of working hours.

I then applied through General Stream (January 2013, online), because this allows me to show a 10 year period of work experience instead of five (this rule has changed, now they only accept 5 years). And I got my LOA last July 2013.

Please don't lose hope. I strongly advise you to find out the reason and make those changes if it is within your capacity. Then, re-apply.

tabs179

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
Doc's Request.
MPNP Requests: Current Bank Statement (submitted 22 May 2013) and Current Letter of Employment (submitted 17 June 2013)
Nomination.....
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-09-2013
Med's Request
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-04-2014
mong22 said:
@ tabs179
I would appreciate if may I know what was the reason of denied on your two previous applications. You stated that the working hours, I have a certificate of employment and it is not stated the working hours. Do I need to request again a COE that have working hours? My problem is the company is gone now. Thank you
Sure, I worked in UK on part time basis as I was a full-time student. In Family Stream they did not count any of my part-time work, hence they never accepted my work experiences. When I received the first letter of non-nomination (postal application), they explained how they calculated the number of hours. They also tried to see if I can be nominated under General Stream, but I was 2 points less.

So, on my second attempt, I did have enough minimum of 2 years equivalent of work experience, and I applied online through Family Stream again. However, Family Stream does not count any part-time work experience. I just didn't know this, that's why, I was surprise to see after three months a letter of ineligibility.

I was confused, based on my second application on the calculation on my first non-nomination letter, I did have more than 2 years work experience. My uncle told me to just continue building up my work experience. But I contacted Immigration Centre Manitoba for some advise.

Here, were my main mistakes:

(Application 1) I had more than five years of work experience, but since I was applying through Family Stream, I didn't show more than five years of experience. If I did, I would have gotten more points and been nominated.

(Application 2) Since it's an online application, and at that time they were only accepting Family Stream, they didn't pass on my application to a General Stream Immigration Officer as they did on my first application. Hence, they directly made a decision to tell me that I was ineligible for nomination.

Bottom line, the advise I got from Immigration Centre Manitoba was to apply under General Stream as the chances were higher on that route.

So, my advise for those who had experiences with a non-nomination, just try again. Before re-applying, make sure that you have made the necessary changes or collected enough evidences. It doesn't matter if it is more than the needed requirement. It might help in counting towards your points.

In regards to your query about working hours, If the letter states "full time", then that will suffice even if the number of hours aren't stated. If it doesn't, check your contract, it might state there that your employment was full time.

thomasuk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have applied MPNP under general stream on 22nd September 2013 and received a file number on 23rd September. My sponsor has submitted settlement plan-2 on 15th October 2013 and MPNP immigration office has confirmed that they have received all documents.

How likely will I get success for this program although I have achieved 73 points based on my calculation and how long can it take to get a LOA from MPNP office?

I just want to make sure I want to be 100% success for my application; is there any necessary things need to be done from me?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

thomasuk

tabs179

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-09-2013
Med's Request
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-04-2014
thomasuk said:
Hi All,

I have applied MPNP under general stream on 22nd September 2013 and received a file number on 23rd September. My sponsor has submitted settlement plan-2 on 15th October 2013 and MPNP immigration office has confirmed that they have received all documents.

How likely will I get success for this program although I have achieved 73 points based on my calculation and how long can it take to get a LOA from MPNP office?

I just want to make sure I want to be 100% success for my application; is there any necessary things need to be done from me?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

thomasuk
At this point of your application there isn't anything you should do but wait.

If they need any additional documents they will contact you regarding this.

If they don't, then usually the next step will be Sponsor's interview (average 5-6 months after submitting SP2).

Don't worry, things will go well as long as you have all the requirements they asked. Good luck.

tabs179

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-09-2013
Med's Request
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-04-2014

pndrana

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
03-06-2013
IELTS Request
No
Ellkay,

congratulations.

manavgupta

Dec 19, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
veterinarian noc 3114
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
overall 7 Band
tabs179 said:
Sure, I worked in UK on part time basis as I was a full-time student. In Family Stream they did not count any of my part-time work, hence they never accepted my work experiences. When I received the first letter of non-nomination (postal application), they explained how they calculated the number of hours. They also tried to see if I can be nominated under General Stream, but I was 2 points less.

So, on my second attempt, I did have enough minimum of 2 years equivalent of work experience, and I applied online through Family Stream again. However, Family Stream does not count any part-time work experience. I just didn't know this, that's why, I was surprise to see after three months a letter of ineligibility.

I was confused, based on my second application on the calculation on my first non-nomination letter, I did have more than 2 years work experience. My uncle told me to just continue building up my work experience. But I contacted Immigration Centre Manitoba for some advise.

Here, were my main mistakes:

(Application 1) I had more than five years of work experience, but since I was applying through Family Stream, I didn't show more than five years of experience. If I did, I would have gotten more points and been nominated.

(Application 2) Since it's an online application, and at that time they were only accepting Family Stream, they didn't pass on my application to a General Stream Immigration Officer as they did on my first application. Hence, they directly made a decision to tell me that I was ineligible for nomination.

Bottom line, the advise I got from Immigration Centre Manitoba was to apply under General Stream as the chances were higher on that route.

So, my advise for those who had experiences with a non-nomination, just try again. Before re-applying, make sure that you have made the necessary changes or collected enough evidences. It doesn't matter if it is more than the needed requirement. It might help in counting towards your points.

In regards to your query about working hours, If the letter states "full time", then that will suffice even if the number of hours aren't stated. If it doesn't, check your contract, it might state there that your employment was full time.
Hello tabs,

I have one friend living in Manitoba as PR from 1 year, I am taking IELTS GT exam next month , meet points, will apply coming January 2014, I have a question My profession Veterinarian NOC 3114 is not in the federal 24 demand occupation list, and CIC never added NOC 3114 since 2008, I want to ask you as question - Does MPNP visa officers select general stream applicants on the basis of occupation profession demand in Manitoba ? What are chances of selection of certain profession which was never added in federal (CIC) demand list ? What is your qualification and which profession or occupation u filled in GS online application. Good luck.

tabs179

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-09-2013
Med's Request
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-04-2014
manavgupta said:
Hello tabs,

I have one friend living in Manitoba as PR from 1 year, I am taking IELTS GT exam next month , meet points, will apply coming January 2014, I have a question My profession Veterinarian NOC 3114 is not in the federal 24 demand occupation list, and CIC never added NOC 3114 since 2008, I want to ask you as question - Does MPNP visa officers select general stream applicants on the basis of occupation profession demand in Manitoba ? What are chances of selection of certain profession which was never added in federal (CIC) demand list ? What is your qualification and which profession or occupation u filled in GS online application. Good luck.
I honestly cannot say regarding the decision making process of Manitoba. The new point system didn't state if they prefer jobs that are under the NOC, demand occupation list. Bear in mind, you are applying under PNP and not Federal application. So, the 24 in demand occupations in the list might not be an issue.

I have a degree in International Relations and a Masters in Public Administration. The occupation I provided Manitoba is Human Resources/ Administrative Management. I am an HR Manager at the moment. My dream job is to work in local government but that will take time for me to obtain in Manitoba. I am not even sure if I will be successful, but hey, dreaming is free.

I suggest you check the labour market in Manitoba and see if Veterinarian is an in demand occupation. Additionally, I think this is a regulated occupation . You might have to study in order to obtain a licence to practice as a vet in Manitoba.

I hope other fellow posters here will share their opinions regarding your query. As far as I know, you can apply for MPNP with your current occupation. But you would need to have a very good Settlement Plan, where you can demonstrate, how you will be able to successfully obtain a job position as a vet. You should look into the Settlement Plan, start researching on it so that you can create an impressive SP.

Good luck.

cebugirl

Sep 15, 2013
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 9, 2013
Nomination.....
Dec 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 24, 2014
Med's Request
Apr 12, 2014
Med's Done....
Apr 15, 2014
Passport Req..
May 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 2, 2014
tabs179 said:
I honestly cannot say regarding the decision making process of Manitoba. The new point system didn't state if they prefer jobs that are under the NOC, demand occupation list. Bear in mind, you are applying under PNP and not Federal application. So, the 24 in demand occupations in the list might not be an issue.

I have a degree in International Relations and a Masters in Public Administration. The occupation I provided Manitoba is Human Resources/ Administrative Management. I am an HR Manager at the moment. My dream job is to work in local government but that will take time for me to obtain in Manitoba. I am not even sure if I will be successful, but hey, dreaming is free.

I suggest you check the labour market in Manitoba and see if Veterinarian is an in demand occupation. Additionally, I think this is a regulated occupation . You might have to study in order to obtain a licence to practice as a vet in Manitoba.

I hope other fellow posters here will share their opinions regarding your query. As far as I know, you can apply for MPNP with your current occupation. But you would need to have a very good Settlement Plan, where you can demonstrate, how you will be able to successfully obtain a job position as a vet. You should look into the Settlement Plan, start researching on it so that you can create an impressive SP.

Good luck.
hi tabs179,

we are of the same profession, i'm also in HR for 8 years now. I agree with your point about SP and its importance. I've read a blog before of a former immigration officer and he stated it is one of the reasons for approval or disapproval. he said it signifies the readiness of an applicant and his/her knowledge about Canadian processes and general information.

God bless us all! =)

tabs179

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-09-2013
Med's Request
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-04-2014
cebugirl said:
hi tabs179,

we are of the same profession, i'm also in HR for 8 years now. I agree with your point about SP and its importance. I've read a blog before of a former immigration officer and he stated it is one of the reasons for approval or disapproval. he said it signifies the readiness of an applicant and his/her knowledge about Canadian processes and general information.

God bless us all! =)
Thanks cebugirl. I only have 2 years of experience in actual HR department. But I have 4.5 years of experience in supervision of a team, interviewing and hiring (every year), training etc. So, my previous skills were very much transferable to HR.

I definitely agree with the importance of an impressive SP. In my case, I did a lot of research on it before filling it myself. Additionally, I also checked my uncle's (my sponsor's) SP2. He is of another generation and feels threatened by computers LoL, he doesn't know the benefits of the Internet. It was not bad though, he did his own research the old school way. When we were younger he has always been our most knowledgeable uncle, so I really shouldn't have doubted him. I was crazily paranoid. ;D ;D ;D