+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP Draw 40 for SWO-Express Entry Stream-Selected candidates

M.Mogy

Jan 11, 2018
NOC Code......
Depends..

For MPNP SWO (Normal Draw) its six months at Provincial Stage and 18 months at Federal Stage.. But people are w8ing for much longer...

For MPNP Express Entry pathway - (It just started) - Promised Timeline is 6 Months at Provincial and 6-8 Months for Federal Stage...

Rest only time will tell...
can you please help me,
I got LAA #47 draw, but how I know if I am in Normal draw or EE pathway
it just written(LAA of MPNP SW)

rbukka

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
MPNP STAGE
EOI Submission 21-May-17
LAA Received 1-Feb-18
LAA Submission 15-Feb-18
MPNP File Number Received 15-Feb-18
SP2 Received 15-Feb-18
SP2 Submission 20-Feb-18
Acknowledgement of SP2 6-Mar-18
Assessment in Process 19-Apr-18
Sponsor Interview 2-May-18
Information Requested 2-May-18
Assessment Complete 12-May-18
LOA 11-May-18

Hi, I submitted EOI on immigrate to manitoba website and after the submission, on other hand I have also initiated express entry process but no profile is created yet. The EE process is taking care by a consultant. Since I submitted EOI on manitoba website I got LAA yesterday in draw#47. At the time of submission of EOI I answered 'No' to the question 'Have you created any Express Entry profile?'. Since I have paid money to my consultant, I think he created an EE profile for me. How should I handle this??
So my question is
1. If EE profile is not created yet, can I continue the EOI-SWO process till I get LOA and then create an EE profile?
2. How long it takes to get LOA??
3. Can I continue both the processes parallel??
4. Since the draw scores are different for both EE & EOI-SWO and both are different streams, Should I decline the LAA that I got and create an EE profile?? because it seems EE process is faster.
5. Once we decline LAA, would we be eligible to submit EOI through EE process??

please suggest.

paigeparmy

Star Member
Apr 15, 2017
Hi, I submitted EOI on immigrate to manitoba website and after the submission, on other hand I have also initiated express entry process but no profile is created yet. The EE process is taking care by a consultant. Since I submitted EOI on manitoba website I got LAA yesterday in draw#47. At the time of submission of EOI I answered 'No' to the question 'Have you created any Express Entry profile?'. Since I have paid money to my consultant, I think he created an EE profile for me. How should I handle this??
So my question is
1. If EE profile is not created yet, can I continue the EOI-SWO process till I get LOA and then create an EE profile?
2. How long it takes to get LOA??
3. Can I continue both the processes parallel??
4. Since the draw scores are different for both EE & EOI-SWO and both are different streams, Should I decline the LAA that I got and create an EE profile?? because it seems EE process is faster.
5. Once we decline LAA, would we be eligible to submit EOI through EE process??

please suggest.
Hi, I do not have any concrete answer to give you as we got our LAA in different streams.I got mine thru MPNP EE stream, while for you, you got it under eoi-swo. You should have higher points than I did so you shouldnt have issues getting another LAA. From my application, it took me approx 3 months to get nomination. So I am not sure if it is the same with your stream.

Maybe other seniors can answer your query also. Good luck!

Reactions: Chahal82

jdv

Jul 8, 2018
Hi paigeparmy,
How did you update your EOI to MPNP EE substream? You submitted EOI last May 2017 by that time I think there is no MPNP EE pathway yet and received your LAA thru MPNP EE last Feb. 2018 right? I'm asking because I submitted my EOI last Nov. 2017 and only updated it last March 2018 and added my EE profile number. My score is 550 but I did not receive LAA on this #47 draw. Maybe I am missing something here.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

paigeparmy

Star Member
Apr 15, 2017
Hi paigeparmy,
How did you update your EOI to MPNP EE substream? You submitted EOI last May 2017 by that time I think there is no MPNP EE pathway yet and received your LAA thru MPNP EE last Feb. 2018 right? I'm asking because I submitted my EOI last Nov. 2017 and only updated it last March 2018 and added my EE profile number. My score is 550 but I did not receive LAA on this #47 draw. Maybe I am missing something here.
Any suggestions? Thanks.
yes, there was no EE substream by that time. Last January, I saw some updates on the website where they reintroduced the EE substream, There was also an EE draw at that time. Immediately after that, I updated my profile to add my EE application number and Job Seeker Validation Code. A few days or weeks after, I got LAA. I am not quite sure why you didnt get LAA, though. Are you sure qualify for the EE substream? Perhaps you forgot to add the Job Seeker Validation code? or your recent experience is not part of the in demand occupation list? Only you can tell why. But if you dont qualify for the EE substream, you only need to wait for few weeks/months under SWO stream since your score is close to the latest score.

The info below is as per their website. you can check what you are missing based on this list. And if you think that you have everything in place and still did not get LAA, perhaps it is wise to send them an email to check. just my opinion. good luck! :)

Note:

1. Expressions of Interest from Skilled Worker Overseas candidates have not been considered in this draw unless they:
    • have a close relative residing in Manitoba or past education or work experience in Manitoba, at least 6 months of recent experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list, and a minimum language proficiency of CLB/NCLC 5 unless work experience is primarily in a regulated occupation (minimum CLB/NCLC 7) or a compulsory trade (CLB/NCLC 6); or
    • were directly invited by the MPNP under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative; or
    • have a valid Express Entry ID and job seeker validation code and at least 6 months of recent experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list.
    • Candidates invited under the Express Entry sub-stream who do not have a valid Express Entry ID and job seeker validation code and verifiable experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list will be refused.
  2. If your score is higher than that of the lowest-ranked candidate, but you have not received an Letter of Advice to Apply, this could be because:
    • You have indicated that you have taken an approved third-party language test to demonstrate your language ability in English/French, but have not provided a valid Test Number in your EOI or your language test is no longer valid
    • You have indicated that you have received an Invitation to Apply to the MPNP under a Strategic Initiative, but did not provide a valid Invitation Number
    • Please note that for each question in EOI, help text is available, providing detailed information on the information you should enter. If one of these scenarios applies to you, you may wish to update your EOI with the correct information in order to be considered for the next draw from the EOI pool.
  3. Candidates who indicated that they are working in a regulated occupation and are fully licensed to work in Manitoba have been selected in this draw. However, the MPNP may not accept or may refuse full applications from those candidates who are not actually working in a regulated occupation and/or fail to provide proof of having undergone all necessary licensing steps to be employed in Manitoba. If this applies to you, you may wish to consider declining your Letter of Advice to Apply.

Reactions: Solacanada

rbukka

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Hi, I do not have any concrete answer to give you as we got our LAA in different streams.I got mine thru MPNP EE stream, while for you, you got it under eoi-swo. You should have higher points than I did so you shouldnt have issues getting another LAA. From my application, it took me approx 3 months to get nomination. So I am not sure if it is the same with your stream.

Thank you for your response Paigeparmy !!

jdv

Jul 8, 2018
yes, there was no EE substream by that time. Last January, I saw some updates on the website where they reintroduced the EE substream, There was also an EE draw at that time. Immediately after that, I updated my profile to add my EE application number and Job Seeker Validation Code. A few days or weeks after, I got LAA. I am not quite sure why you didnt get LAA, though. Are you sure qualify for the EE substream? Perhaps you forgot to add the Job Seeker Validation code? or your recent experience is not part of the in demand occupation list? Only you can tell why. But if you dont qualify for the EE substream, you only need to wait for few weeks/months under SWO stream since your score is close to the latest score.

The info below is as per their website. you can check what you are missing based on this list. And if you think that you have everything in place and still did not get LAA, perhaps it is wise to send them an email to check. just my opinion. good luck! :)

Note:

1. Expressions of Interest from Skilled Worker Overseas candidates have not been considered in this draw unless they:
    • have a close relative residing in Manitoba or past education or work experience in Manitoba, at least 6 months of recent experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list, and a minimum language proficiency of CLB/NCLC 5 unless work experience is primarily in a regulated occupation (minimum CLB/NCLC 7) or a compulsory trade (CLB/NCLC 6); or
    • were directly invited by the MPNP under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative; or
    • have a valid Express Entry ID and job seeker validation code and at least 6 months of recent experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list.
    • Candidates invited under the Express Entry sub-stream who do not have a valid Express Entry ID and job seeker validation code and verifiable experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list will be refused.
  2. If your score is higher than that of the lowest-ranked candidate, but you have not received an Letter of Advice to Apply, this could be because:
    • You have indicated that you have taken an approved third-party language test to demonstrate your language ability in English/French, but have not provided a valid Test Number in your EOI or your language test is no longer valid
    • You have indicated that you have received an Invitation to Apply to the MPNP under a Strategic Initiative, but did not provide a valid Invitation Number
    • Please note that for each question in EOI, help text is available, providing detailed information on the information you should enter. If one of these scenarios applies to you, you may wish to update your EOI with the correct information in order to be considered for the next draw from the EOI pool.
  3. Candidates who indicated that they are working in a regulated occupation and are fully licensed to work in Manitoba have been selected in this draw. However, the MPNP may not accept or may refuse full applications from those candidates who are not actually working in a regulated occupation and/or fail to provide proof of having undergone all necessary licensing steps to be employed in Manitoba. If this applies to you, you may wish to consider declining your Letter of Advice to Apply.
thank you for your reply paigeparmy. This is what I did in my application. After learning that there is new EE substream, I immediately applied for my credential evaluation to WES and later created my Express Entry profile. Then I updated my EOI and added my EE number as well as the job seeker validation code. My NOC is 2281. Maybe I need to send them an e-mail and hope that they will reply.
once again, thank you very much.

rbukka

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017

Hi Paigeparmy,

One more question.
Should the settlement funds for MPNP only be in cash/bank savings or can it also be in some land documents with market valuation??
please let me know.

paigeparmy

Star Member
Apr 15, 2017
Hi Paigeparmy,

One more question.
Should the settlement funds for MPNP only be in cash/bank savings or can it also be in some land documents with market valuation??
please let me know.
I submitted mine with stock certificate, land titles, and cash deposits. however, i made sure that my cash was more than the required minimum because i wasnt sure if they will consider it as POF. For EE, i only added cash savings as they required the POF to be liquid.

rbukka

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
I submitted mine with stock certificate, land titles, and cash deposits. however, i made sure that my cash was more than the required minimum because i wasnt sure if they will consider it as POF. For EE, i only added cash savings as they required the POF to be liquid.
Thank you.
one more question:

I have applied for Quebec - SWO in 2013 and got file number. But later I lost tracking it and don't know anything about it.
Now I applied for MPNP-SWO where my spouse is the primary applicant.

My question is, while filling the 'Application History - Canadian Immigration application history' of mine, If I mentioned that I applied for Quebec in 2013, will it show any negative impact even though I am not a primary applicant???

paigeparmy

Star Member
Apr 15, 2017
Thank you.
one more question:

I have applied for Quebec - SWO in 2013 and got file number. But later I lost tracking it and don't know anything about it.
Now I applied for MPNP-SWO where my spouse is the primary applicant.

My question is, while filling the 'Application History - Canadian Immigration application history' of mine, If I mentioned that I applied for Quebec in 2013, will it show any negative impact even though I am not a primary applicant???
I am not sure about the answer as i only have my own application experience, and i have done my research based on that alone. in my opinion, there wouldnt be any negative impact. i mean, why would it? if you were refused then, the reason for refusal will determine the outcome, i.e. if reason was misrepresentation, then check with cic what the consequence is. i believe there is ban or something so you have to verify this yourself. but if refused and reason was minor like ineligibility due to work experience, missing documents, etc, then you can always reapply. If this is the case, the important thing is to always be honest in answering the forms, otherwise, it will be considered as misrepresentation.

Again, this is just my opinion. Maybe you can ask other seniors regarding this or do your own research here in the forum.

rbukka

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
I am not sure about the answer as i only have my own application experience, and i have done my research based on that alone. in my opinion, there wouldnt be any negative impact. i mean, why would it? if you were refused then, the reason for refusal will determine the outcome, i.e. if reason was misrepresentation, then check with cic what the consequence is. i believe there is ban or something so you have to verify this yourself. but if refused and reason was minor like ineligibility due to work experience, missing documents, etc, then you can always reapply. If this is the case, the important thing is to always be honest in answering the forms, otherwise, it will be considered as misrepresentation.

Again, this is just my opinion. Maybe you can ask other seniors regarding this or do your own research here in the forum.
Thank you. I saw you mentioned to check with CIC. what is CIC & for any questions about MPNP can we ask them?
if so any email id? or contact number? pls.

Also,
Now i am in the process of submitting my application with all the details & docs.
my questions are
1. 'Should we submit SP1 & SP2 with the application itself?? what is the exact process??
2. What is the time line to submit SP1 & SP2?
3. For any questions, is there any customer support kind of thing??

pls suggest.

rbukka

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017

Thank you. One question.

My cousin (spouse's Sister) lived continuously in Manitoba for 5 yrs, later she moved to Ontario.
Now they are living in Manitoba from November-2017.

Since they already lived over there for 5 yrs and started living again from last 8 months, will it create any negative impact If I go for MPNP??
They are ready to provide Social Insurance Number, PR card etc. What kind of documentation they may need to provide while SP2??

But the condition for MPNP is the relative who is going to support 'must have been living in Manitoba continuously at least for 1 year'.

paigeparmy

Star Member
Apr 15, 2017
Thank you. I saw you mentioned to check with CIC. what is CIC & for any questions about MPNP can we ask them? - what i meant was, to check (or research what consequences in case the reason for refusal was misrepresentation). cic is canadian immigration and citizenship. they handle federal immigration. after you get provincial nominee, you apply for PR thru cic. i dont know the process for EOI-SWO, though. so you have to do your research here.
if so any email id? or contact number? pls.

Also,
Now i am in the process of submitting my application with all the details & docs.
my questions are
1. 'Should we submit SP1 & SP2 with the application itself?? what is the exact process?? - once your documents are complete, you submit your LAA, you will receive file number, then your sponsor will receive an email to answer SP2. your sponsor will be the one to submit sp2 along with some attachments.
2. What is the time line to submit SP1 & SP2? timeline varies. you can check https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/mpnp-manitoba-provincial-nominee-program-tracker/
3. For any questions, is there any customer support kind of thing?? i only do my research here and there. i suggest before you ask questions, you make some readings also from here so you understand more. Then ask questions to members in the forums. Most of my queries were answered here.

pls suggest.