18-Dec-2015
AOR Received.
PER: 05-March-2015
File Transfer...
SLU: 10-July-2015
Med's Request
MR+RPRF+PCC: 10-Aug-2015
Hi,
I did soft landing 2 years back and am now moving to Canada and have a 2 month old baby who would need vaccination. Please let me know what are my options. I understand the MSP takes time to kick in what can I do to ensure that my child gets his vaccinations till then?? Please help need immediate assistance I will be moving from New York US for the first time. Is there a phone number of settlement services that I can call for guidance??

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I did soft landing 2 years back and am now moving to Canada and have a 2 month old baby who would need vaccination. Please let me know what are my options. I understand the MSP takes time to kick in what can I do to ensure that my child gets his vaccinations till then?? Please help need immediate assistance I will be moving from New York US for the first time. Is there a phone number of settlement services that I can call for guidance??
MSP is for BC. In Toronto, Ontario, you apply OHIP. Either way, there is waiting period before the provincial insurance kicks in.

RS12

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Dec-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
MSP is for BC. In Toronto, Ontario, you apply OHIP.
Is it safe for me n my child to come right now? What are my options for

RS12

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Dec-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Is it safe for me n my child to come right now? What are my options for health coverage and insurance? Can I call a phone number for accurate answers?? Can I do something before I am there in Toronto to make sure my child gets the vaccination???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should purchase private medical insurance for your family for 3 months to cover any emergencies. =

Your baby must be a US citizen so you will have to sponsor him when you arrive and it could take 6-10 months for the baby to become a PR. You will have to get emergency medical coverage until he/she gets PR plus a 3 month wait period for OHIP. You will have to pay for any routine medical care until then.You can pay a doctor to do well baby check-ups until you get OHIP. You may be able to get free vaccines at a public health clinic. You'll have to call and ask about that but that won't include a doctor checking the health and development of your baby.