+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to other province

mac2525

Sep 17, 2018
Hi,
I am sinp nominated and got my PR and landed in May 2018. My noc is 2171.I have tried a lot but did not get an opportunity in my NOC. Currently working in Walmart for almost 4 months. Now after 4 months I got an opportunity from Toronto.I have already emailed SINP regarding the same and shown them all the job applied proofs. I got a reply as

Thank you for your email.
As previously stated, as a Permanent Resident of Canada you may work, study and live in any province.

Please suggest me whether I can move out of Saskatchewan based on above reply from SINP.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you can. Would look into the cost of living in Toronto since it is probably 3-4X that of SK. You may want to consider looking for jobs in other cities.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
You can move anywhere in Canada as a PR. Just keep all your proofs intact when you apply for Citizenship :)

CornerLykio

Sep 19, 2018
Hi,

I have a similar question but a little bit different

I'm currently an international student in Barrie - ON, I'm studying for a 1-year certificate program. After the completion of this course I am planning to move to Vancouver to attend Capilano University. I do know that when I study 2 years in Canada I can be able to obtain a 3-years work permit

The question is that if I move to Vancouver-BC for another course (which is a different province) will I be able to obtain a 3-years work permit?

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I have a similar question but a little bit different

I'm currently an international student in Barrie - ON, I'm studying for a 1-year certificate program. After the completion of this course I am planning to move to Vancouver to attend Capilano University. I do know that when I study 2 years in Canada I can be able to obtain a 3-years work permit

The question is that if I move to Vancouver-BC for another course (which is a different province) will I be able to obtain a 3-years work permit?

Thank you
Yes. Is there a specific reason you chose that college? The cost of living in Vancouver is very high and the vacancy rate is so low it is very hard to find an apartment and when you find one it is very expensive. Unless it is a very special and specific program I would consider other colleges in BC or even somewhere else in Canada. Gets a bit more complicated if you go to Quebec.

CornerLykio

Sep 19, 2018
Yes. Is there a specific reason you chose that college? The cost of living in Vancouver is very high and the vacancy rate is so low it is very hard to find an apartment and when you find one it is very expensive. Unless it is a very special and specific program I would consider other colleges in BC or even somewhere else in Canada. Gets a bit more complicated if you go to Quebec.
Hi,

I've done some research and found positive feedback on the Motion Picture Arts program of Capilano University, that's why I'm interested in. So it will not affect my 3-year work permit right? As long as my study time in Canada is 2 years in total?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi,

I've done some research and found positive feedback on the Motion Picture Arts program of Capilano University, that's why I'm interested in. So it will not affect my 3-year work permit right? As long as my study time in Canada is 2 years in total?
Can you explain about the Motion Arts Program? Is that a PG Certificate?

CornerLykio

Sep 19, 2018
Can you explain about the Motion Arts Program? Is that a PG Certificate?
It is part of a Bachelor's 4 years program in which a student can choose to study for 1 year certificate, 2 years for dlploma or full 4 years for bachelor

My plan is just a 1 year certificate as my passion in the recent years is about film

PS: I'm currently in a PG program

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Yes as long as it is two 1 year (or at least 2 semester programs) and you follow the rules about being full-time and how much you can work during class and during breaks. Yes that seems like a very specific program.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is part of a Bachelor's 4 years program in which a student can choose to study for 1 year certificate, 2 years for dlploma or full 4 years for bachelor

My plan is just a 1 year certificate as my passion in the recent years is about film

PS: I'm currently in a PG program
Would recommend speaking to people in the film industry to see what programs will get you a job at the end.