10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi,
I am sinp nominated and got my PR and landed in May 2018. My noc is 2171.I have tried a lot but did not get an opportunity in my NOC. Currently working in Walmart for almost 4 months. Now after 4 months I got an opportunity from Toronto.I have already emailed SINP regarding the same and shown them all the job applied proofs. I got a reply as

Thank you for your email.
As previously stated, as a Permanent Resident of Canada you may work, study and live in any province.

Please suggest me whether I can move out of Saskatchewan based on above reply from SINP.

Thanks
Hi mac,
I sent you a private message. Can you please provide your advice.
Many thanks

swapnilipst

Feb 5, 2017
Hi,
I am sinp nominated and got my PR and landed in May 2018. My noc is 2171.I have tried a lot but did not get an opportunity in my NOC. Currently working in Walmart for almost 4 months. Now after 4 months I got an opportunity from Toronto.I have already emailed SINP regarding the same and shown them all the job applied proofs. I got a reply as

As previously stated, as a Permanent Resident of Canada you may work, study and live in any province.

Please suggest me whether I can move out of Saskatchewan based on above reply from SINP.

Thanks
Hi Mac, I too sent you private message. Could you please reply to that. Thank you.

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017

Isn't this in clear English? Why so many are confused?
Moreover, there is no law that prohibits someone to move to another province(like in Australia). If there is one please post it here.
Its only a moral gratitude. And that too when your life is not at stake. When you can't find job in the nominated province, then yeah you should move out to the province that gives you a job.

Reactions: S3ns0r
Dec 6, 2018
Hi Everyone...
Excellent thread and precise analysis.Please read following latest news line as Provincial Nominee is being deported .This raises many questions. We still do not have the facts of the case as at what stage his nomination was withdrawn or his PR status was cancelled. Looks like he moved to Halifax while he received Provincial Nomination & before he submit the Federal Application. Please do post your views

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/machel-rayner-immigration-1.4933401

https://danilhush.com/living-the-newfoundland-dream-for-8-years-st-johns-trainer-must-now-leave-the-country

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
Hi,

Thanks
I guess this is clear enough
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1113&top=6

3RSN

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Dear All

Under Skilled worker category, You can easily & freely move anywhere across Canada If you are on Permanent Resident AND there is written "NONE " under "Conditions" in COPR in either you enterened federal based immigration or Province based immigration (Nominations etc..)

Second, under sponsor immigration, there was one bar or restriction till JAN-2018 and had to live with sponsor's province upto two years and its now lift that restriction too and they can also easily & freely move anywhere across Canada under sponsor immigration.

Third, Student to PR or Work Permit to PR , yes there are still some restrictions needs to be elaborate but I do not know it well.

Lastly , I received response when I intimated them we are leaving Saskatchewan becuase no one ready to get hire me even for survival jobs , here you go.....
==========================================================

The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program’s goal is to attract and nominate people who want to settle and stay in Saskatchewan. As a nominee, you were approved and nominated for immigration based on your intent to settle in Saskatchewan. However, as a Permanent Resident of Canada you may work, study, and live in any province. For more information on Permanent Residency rights, please visit IRCC’s website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp

If you require support or assistance with settlement or finding employment in Saskatchewan, we strongly encourage you to contact a Newcomer Regional Gateway. You can find out more information at: http://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/language-training-and-settlement-services/settlement-services .

=======================================

These are also link to investigae these issue further as per Canada Constitutions and immigrations rule and regualtions for PR.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/csj-sjc/rfc-dlc/ccrf-ccdl/check/art6.html

My Personal Suggestions, Once must try to settle in that province where you been choosen to settle as per required honesty and dignity, after that you are unable to find employement then you have option or right according to your personal, financial and family circumstances, in my case I lived 7 months in Saskatchewan and I have large family and fund was about to finish so I didnt have option except try to other province.

I request all Please avoid spreading confusion with less and unauthentic knowledge even avoid mixing different immigration category in one umbrella..

Thank You

bedna299

Jun 6, 2019
Hello!!!
Is this still current?

Here is my question: we are in Canada for 4 years now. Got PR a year and 4 months ago through MPNP. Both working in our fields in permanent full time jobs for more than 2 years, got a house... we really got settled in the province. However the company that I work for has its head office in Quebec, and it is opening 3 new units - 2 in Ontario and 1 in Alberta. They want to transfer me to one of the Ontario's unit. However I would not be an employee, I would be a service provider. Am I allowed to move? Would I have any problem with my PR when requesting renewal or when applying for citizenship (which by the way I can do it in less than 10 months).

Thanks for your time!!!

Provincial Nominee Moving to Another Province

You’ve got to do what you’ve got to do. If you’re getting laid off from your job and you received an offer from a company in a different province, it’s easy to decide to move. However, if you became a Permanent Resident (PR) through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), it’s not going to be that easy.

Watch the video for the answer to a question that Ranilo sent in.

According to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, every person who has the status of permanent resident in Canada has the right to move to take up residence in any province; and to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province as well.

But the purpose of the provincial nominee program was for provinces to be able to attract more people who can make an immediate economic contribution to the province and of course, they want their nominees to stay permanently in their province.

Personally, I encourage my clients to stay in the province that nominated them for as long as they can. That is just me coming from a culture where debt of gratitude is very important.

Based on the charter of rights and freedoms, you should be free to move.

However, provincial authorities are starting to go after nominees who leave their province right after their nomination. They go after these nominees for misrepresentation. You see, when you applied to get nominated, you’ve expressed every intention to live permanently in the province who will be nominating you. By moving to another province right after you get your immigrant status, your intentions may be questioned.

Here are a few things that I suggest you do before you decide to leave the province that nominated you:

1. Actively look for other jobs within the same province.
2. Properly document your job hunting activities including the results for each job that you applied for.
3. Exhaust all means of finding employment inside the province.

If you don’t get job offers or if you’re offered a job but the offer you’re getting out of the province is for a higher position and for a significantly higher pay, then your move is justified.

What wouldn’t make sense is if you move to a work in another province that’s at the same level that you were should you have stayed.

Do what I’ve suggested and you’ll have the peace of mind that when you move, your PR status will be safe. AND you’ll have the peace of mind that you did your best to honor your undertaking under the Provincial Nominee Program.

canadiandream2018

Jul 6, 2018
Hello!!!
Is this still current?

Here is my question: we are in Canada for 4 years now. Got PR a year and 4 months ago through MPNP. Both working in our fields in permanent full time jobs for more than 2 years, got a house... we really got settled in the province. However the company that I work for has its head office in Quebec, and it is opening 3 new units - 2 in Ontario and 1 in Alberta. They want to transfer me to one of the Ontario's unit. However I would not be an employee, I would be a service provider. Am I allowed to move? Would I have any problem with my PR when requesting renewal or when applying for citizenship (which by the way I can do it in less than 10 months).

Thanks for your time!!!
Were you able to decide what needs to be done?

My friend is in a similar situation.

My friend received PR via PNP. The province that nominated him does not have many jobs and the people who immigrated are struggling to get a job in their field in the same province for the past several months. Most of them are still unemployed after 3+ months of job search.

He has applied for multiple jobs in the province that nominated him but never received an interview call.

Now when he was about to resign and move for good to canada (he works in an Indian MNC ) his company is offering him onsite in another province.

What should be done in this case? Will there be a problem in citizenship application?

crs350onip

Feb 23, 2019
Pakistan
NOC Code......
Dear All

Under Skilled worker category, You can easily & freely move anywhere across Canada If you are on Permanent Resident AND there is written "NONE " under "Conditions" in COPR in either you enterened federal based immigration or Province based immigration (Nominations etc..)

Second, under sponsor immigration, there was one bar or restriction till JAN-2018 and had to live with sponsor's province upto two years and its now lift that restriction too and they can also easily & freely move anywhere across Canada under sponsor immigration.

Third, Student to PR or Work Permit to PR , yes there are still some restrictions needs to be elaborate but I do not know it well.

Lastly , I received response when I intimated them we are leaving Saskatchewan becuase no one ready to get hire me even for survival jobs , here you go.....
==========================================================

The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program’s goal is to attract and nominate people who want to settle and stay in Saskatchewan. As a nominee, you were approved and nominated for immigration based on your intent to settle in Saskatchewan. However, as a Permanent Resident of Canada you may work, study, and live in any province. For more information on Permanent Residency rights, please visit IRCC’s website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp

If you require support or assistance with settlement or finding employment in Saskatchewan, we strongly encourage you to contact a Newcomer Regional Gateway. You can find out more information at: http://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/language-training-and-settlement-services/settlement-services .

=======================================

These are also link to investigae these issue further as per Canada Constitutions and immigrations rule and regualtions for PR.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/csj-sjc/rfc-dlc/ccrf-ccdl/check/art6.html

My Personal Suggestions, Once must try to settle in that province where you been choosen to settle as per required honesty and dignity, after that you are unable to find employement then you have option or right according to your personal, financial and family circumstances, in my case I lived 7 months in Saskatchewan and I have large family and fund was about to finish so I didnt have option except try to other province.

I request all Please avoid spreading confusion with less and unauthentic knowledge even avoid mixing different immigration category in one umbrella..

Thank You
thanks for the valuable information

are you getting your citizenship soon ?

Sapsan

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
My personal experience - got PNP PR, landed directly in designated province (Feb, 2018), spent few months looking for a job, was surprised to receive no interview invites, despite of being experienced IT Engineer,
There was 1 phone interview, and I've been told that they (company) looking for very technical account manager, I believe to pass interview as covered all questions and I know I did, but eventually got rejected,
Later, checking LinkedIn out of curiosity who was hired - that guy was not even close to my technical skills and non-IT educated, just had some experience, but most importantly he was very local (all the best to him, nothing personal here)
The rest of applications were like sent to black hole,
So I've moved out to Ontario, found IT job in 1 week (not perfect one, still fresh migrant, but paying my bills), never had any emails or anything from PNP province, and as I'm part of FB group for my city, I can see from time to time that migrants moving over from that province for the same reason.
Of course, I feel conscience about it, and consider to make my economical input later to my PNP province,

I'm certain there will be no issues about citizenship, as per PR - we are free to work anywhere, and no province can stop or interfere citizenship process only based on "moving out of province case"

Reactions: crs350onip

crs350onip

Feb 23, 2019
Pakistan
NOC Code......
My personal experience - got PNP PR, landed directly in designated province (Feb, 2018), spent few months looking for a job, was surprised to receive no interview invites, despite of being experienced IT Engineer,
There was 1 phone interview, and I've been told that they (company) looking for very technical account manager, I believe to pass interview as covered all questions and I know I did, but eventually got rejected,
Later, checking LinkedIn out of curiosity who was hired - that guy was not even close to my technical skills and non-IT educated, just had some experience, but most importantly he was very local (all the best to him, nothing personal here)
The rest of applications were like sent to black hole,
So I've moved out to Ontario, found IT job in 1 week (not perfect one, still fresh migrant, but paying my bills), never had any emails or anything from PNP province, and as I'm part of FB group for my city, I can see from time to time that migrants moving over from that province for the same reason.
Of course, I feel conscience about it, and consider to make my economical input later to my PNP province,

I'm certain there will be no issues about citizenship, as per PR - we are free to work anywhere, and no province can stop or interfere citizenship process only based on "moving out of province case"
thanks for sharing your experience!

good luck with your journey

ramkumar_2018

Jul 9, 2019
I haven't moved ontraio completely, i keep myself commuting back and forth b/w 2 provinces. my kids still in sk, i will file tax in sk, so no need to change health card, CCB is same everywhere, once it is approved it would remain intact whereever you move as it is federal incentive.
Have you faced any issues after filing taxes from Sk. Do Sk contacted you about your job in ON. Any further advice from citizenship standpoint. Thank you.