+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving out of the Province Nominated.

Discussion in 'Provincial Nomination Program Immigration' started by Gaurav03, Apr 27, 2017.

  1. Hello Every One

    I have recently received my Visa and COPR under Nova Scotia PNP as spouse dependent . I work with a company in India which also has renowned existence in Canada's other Provinces like Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia. I internally applied for an open position in my organisation for Ontario location. They are ready to give me this offer. Now I am confused how to go about this , I have got the COPR under conditional NS PNP and I have not yet landed in Canada. Even I don't have my permanent residence card in my hand yet.
    Looking forward for some suggestions and replies that would help me before taking any further decision.
  2. you are a pr with freedom of mobility.even without your pr card,you are a pr
  3. My bro has some case but he lives Alberta and got CORP under NS PNP , not sure if he have to be in NS. I heard it can be create problem when he will file for citizenship they might be raise question why you choose to move other province. I guess need to spent some time in NS and then move would be great.
  4. Have an address in NS for your landing and mail your PR card, with enough proof of fund, don't let border offer know you are going to live another province at the time of landing.
    If you trying to land with the intention to live another province than the one nominated you, border officer can cancel your PR, since one requirement to become a PR under PNP is want to live the province that nominates you.

    Once you landed successfully, get SIN number in NS, then you are free to go.
    netcaf likes this.
  5. Provincial Nominee Moving to Another Province

    You’ve got to do what you’ve got to do. If you’re getting laid off from your job and you received an offer from a company in a different province, it’s easy to decide to move. However, if you became a Permanent Resident (PR) through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), it’s not going to be that easy.

    Watch the video for the answer to a question that Ranilo sent in.

    According to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, every person who has the status of permanent resident in Canada has the right to move to take up residence in any province; and to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province as well.

    But the purpose of the provincial nominee program was for provinces to be able to attract more people who can make an immediate economic contribution to the province and of course, they want their nominees to stay permanently in their province.

    Personally, I encourage my clients to stay in the province that nominated them for as long as they can. That is just me coming from a culture where debt of gratitude is very important.

    Based on the charter of rights and freedoms, you should be free to move.

    However, provincial authorities are starting to go after nominees who leave their province right after their nomination. They go after these nominees for misrepresentation. You see, when you applied to get nominated, you’ve expressed every intention to live permanently in the province who will be nominating you. By moving to another province right after you get your immigrant status, your intentions may be questioned.

    Here are a few things that I suggest you do before you decide to leave the province that nominated you:

    1. Actively look for other jobs within the same province.
    2. Properly document your job hunting activities including the results for each job that you applied for.
    3. Exhaust all means of finding employment inside the province.

    If you don’t get job offers or if you’re offered a job but the offer you’re getting out of the province is for a higher position and for a significantly higher pay, then your move is justified.

    What wouldn’t make sense is if you move to a work in another province that’s at the same level that you were should you have stayed.

    Do what I’ve suggested and you’ll have the peace of mind that when you move, your PR status will be safe. AND you’ll have the peace of mind that you did your best to honor your undertaking under the Provincial Nominee Program.
    wardea90, ws0428, wayneleung and 2 others like this.
  6. Immigrationcoach.ca/provincial-nominee-moving-to-another-province/
  7. Great advice
  8. Re: Moving out of the Province Nominated.I'm

    Great advise. Don't you think it would be better to inform the province about your situation before moving to another province.
  9. Hi, Guys!

    I would like to know about PR landing.

    1) Should I land from the province I got Nomination (Nova scotia - PNP) or I can do landing from the province where currently I am living (Alberta)?

    2) If I do landing process from the city currently I am living that is Calgary, Can I ask the officer to send my PR card to my current address or Should I ask them to send directly to nova scotia address?

    I am asking these questions because Since I am living in Alberta if all landing process would be done here that will give me some time for moving to Nova scotia until I get PR card.

    Guys, I need your suggestion. I am waiting for your quick response.Thanks in advance.
  10. [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]If somehow moved from the Nominated Province, then you will never be able to sponsor a relative for immigration help. [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
  11. Could you please share cic website link about this?
  12. [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Ha ha ha, well I am similar to a link.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]6. Close Relative in Saskatchewan (if applicable)

    A close relative is:

    A parent;
    A sister or brother;
    An aunt or uncle;
    A niece or nephew;
    A first cousin;
    A grandparent; or
    A step-family member/in- law of the same relationship.
    If you are claiming points for a close family member, you must provide the following from the family member:

    A birth certificate, marriage certificate and/or any other official government, education or religious documents that prove your relationship to your close family relative. The SINP does not accept affidavits.
    A copy of the relative's Canadian permanent resident or citizenship card, or Canadian passport;
    Proof that they have been living in Saskatchewan for the past twelve months and are financially independent:
    Utility bills from the past twelve months from SaskPower, SaskEnergy or a city or town office. (We will not accept telephone, cellular or cable bills);
    Saskatchewan Health Card or Saskatchewan Driver's licence;
    Proof that the family member is a registered tenant of a Saskatchewan address (a lease agreement and rental receipts or a proof of ownership). Include the names of other occupants at this address and their relationship to them; and,
    Proof of receipt of income for the past three months
  13. see below

    You can land any port of entry in Canada, but you will need to show intent of settlement in your province of nomination, or else the CBSA officer may reject your entry and invalidate CoPR. Once the officer satisfied with your status and papers, signs off CoPR and let you in, you are protected by the Charter of Right

    PR Card is a travel document, not a proof of status
  14. Hi Guys,
    after struggling in nominated province for 6 months, have no success, i am getting opportunity out of province. i contacted with nomiated provinical goverment, they replied that they will followup, assess it, and in case i did any misrepresenation they will revoke nomination hence PR will be cancelled.

    what you adivse, should i take risk to grab job ?
  15. Which province?

Share This Page