+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving from USA(H1B) to Canada(PR)

avalon1

Dec 19, 2012
Hi,
How is Oracle Cloud Financials Market and Hyperion Market in Canada?
Planning to move to Canada in April, I have PR.

Thanks
Avalon

sanjushahvapi

Jan 16, 2018
Hi,
I am Systems Administrator with nearly 20Years of experience now. certifications, Windows Servers, clustering SQL, SAN , vMWARE & knowledge of many more technologies. Worked & Working with reputed firms onsite (means no remote work or no work at home) , visited some countries to fix their issues of data centers.
excellent learning skills with new technologies. I am on H1B in USA working onsite Government project (yes, Government issued project to my consulting firm I working for consulting company). Looking for sponsor to migrate to Canada with job. If any companies interested please reply. want to move from USA to Canada, don't know future of H1B. Struggling lots for stamping, renewal and maintaining status. Want to move Canada forever, with job is best option if any employer sponsor me.

sukdeep

Jun 12, 2017
One negative of moving to Canada. If you have I140 approved then going to USA to work on TN visa will be a problem as TN visa does not allow any Immigration Intention.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
One negative of moving to Canada. If you have I140 approved then going to USA to work on TN visa will be a problem as TN visa does not allow any Immigration Intention.
this is funny. How would you keep coming back to US as a merit of moving to Canada?

Country of birth for Indians is a curse w.r.t US GC, and it would continue no matter however someone tries to correct it. Even coming back in TN visa would put Indians in same visa mess, and it is an exploitative visa too. It is funny that we Indians would call being in visa as slavery, lacks stability being is backlog is frustrating blah blah but would be willing to undergo same frustration after Canadian citizenship.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
I-140 approval by itself does not ascribe immigrant intent to the beneficiary.

There are cases where TN status renewal has been approved after approval of I-140 petition. They have a lot of discussions on this topic (I-140 approval for those with TN Visa) in the TN visa section of this forum:

https://forums.immigration.com/forums/tn-status.230/

You cannot, however, apply for or renew your TN-visa after you have filed I-485.

At that point, you probably should not even leave the country.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Even if NAFTA goes away, US-Canada would work out something to allow mobility of professionals. I was really hoping that Jobs Classification will get updated in negotiations but it looks highly unlikely. Here is a relevant article:

http://www.nearshoreamericas.com/tn-visa-and-immigration-take-a-back-seat-at-nafta-negotiations/

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Why do you feel it'd get better? Things related to immigration will get only worse in coming days.
Did you notice that almost all the bad news regarding immigration is coming on H1/L1 front and no-one is bashing TN visa? Reason for that is cheap labor from South East Asia on H1/L1 is replacing Americans. On the other hand TN visa holders coming from Canada are just "supplementing" US workforce. Canadians are not going to move to USA to work at 50% of the salary that a US person gets. Do you agree?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Did you notice that almost all the bad news regarding immigration is coming on H1/L1 front and no-one is bashing TN visa? Reason for that is cheap labor from South East Asia on H1/L1 is replacing Americans. On the other hand TN visa holders coming from Canada are just "supplementing" US workforce. Canadians are not going to move to USA to work at 50% of the salary that a US person gets. Do you agree?
Native Canadians may not, but naturalized Canadians will. Even if they get the salary just matched in $ (80k USD = 80k CAD) as what they get in Canada, it would result in more savings because of significantly better home country conversion rates, lower taxes and lower cost of living in US. Imagine where someone draws 85k in Toronto, and if the same person gets 85k USD in a place like Indianapolis or Florida, why would they not want to move there? Housing cost in such places would be only one third of what is there in Toronto and 85k is a very easy salary to get in US.

TN visa bashing may not happen in public because it is not as popular as other visas due to the number of people working on it.

Check this..

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-issues-clarifying-guidance-nafta-tn-status-eligibility-economists

I am pretty sure they took this action only because they saw 'economists' category being abused.

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
Even if NAFTA goes away, US-Canada would work out something to allow mobility of professionals. I was really hoping that Jobs Classification will get updated in negotiations but it looks highly unlikely. Here is a relevant article:

http://www.nearshoreamericas.com/tn-visa-and-immigration-take-a-back-seat-at-nafta-negotiations/
I've heard talks from Canadians at work that they could revert to the TC visa which was used way before the TN visa. Not exactly sure of the details.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
One main difference between the visas that could explain the differences in perception is that the TN visa does not offer a path to permanent residency in the US, while the H1 does. So, TN visa holders are viewed as working in the US temporarily without any intention of staying on permanently.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
Just an FYI guys, - PD Jan 2013.
H1 is active and stamped until end of 2019.
Canada landing date sept 2014. I am moving to Canada next week. Don't have a job lined up.
Wish me luck !

Biggest hurdles in moving -

1. Low Canadian pay and smaller job market in IT (makes you a little worried)
2. Exporting car (man is that tough) and other stuff and uprooting everything in USA in general
3. My wife has to go through spousal sponsorship since she was already here on H4 EAD - this is not ideal

We'll see how it goes..
MShaikh, you are insulting India and Indians by blurring the Indian flag in your profile picture. Change it or fix it.

Last edited: