Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Does anyone know, how is the job market for SAP and Salesforce technologies?
Yes. Loads of openings for SAP in Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa area. Not sure about Salesforce, but I am sure there will be. What industry domains are you looking for?

sarhadpaar

Dec 10, 2017
Hello Yodheydhara,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I have worked with multiple industries like Mfg, High Tech, Auto etc. Currently I am working for a Mfg company.

Regards,

Kumar

email.6633

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Are you good with Java? We are looking for a resource with java and other skill set as an automation resource. Let me know...

My experience is in implementing java based enterprise applications, specifically in manufacturing sector, in product development (Product Lifecycle Management). This actually makes my skill set pretty niche. While I have had many opportunities in the US on the this skill set, it is very difficult for me to find options here in Canada. Hence, re-skilling myself is the best option in my opinion. :)

Also, on setting up the work with my US employer, my suggestion to anyone trying to go for this approach would be to ensure that proper transfer is done as soon as possible, to avoid any tax hassles.

Reactions: yodheydhara

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
Are you good with Java? We are looking for a resource with java and other skill set as an automation resource. Let me know...
Appreciate your gesture!! :)
I am good at programming but I have been in more techno functional roles in past five years so I will have to brush up my core Java skills again.
What are the other skill sets you are looking for?

Reactions: arpit_03187

email.6633

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
We are also looking for a techie guy to manage few tools integration with JIRA... Like selenium, UFT and all... we already have the framework...

Appreciate your gesture!! :)
I am good at programming but I have been in more techno functional roles in past five years so I will have to brush up my core Java skills again.
What are the other skill sets you are looking for?

Reactions: yodheydhara

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
We are also looking for a techie guy to manage few tools integration with JIRA... Like selenium, UFT and all... we already have the framework...
Sure.. I do have some experience working with JIRA but not the other tools you have mentioned.. :)

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Hello All, Same boat as pretty much anyone here. Got my PR approved and planning to do "soft" land next year March-April for my PR card. Both me and my wife are IT professionals working in NY area.

But in our case we have our own house plus few investment properties in US. We are anyways fed up of long wait for GC and thinking of moving in 1-2 yrs to canada.

Anyone has experience where they had their house/investment properties before moving to Canada? We are anyways thinking of selling our house and putting proceeds from this as down payment for house in canada but what about investment properties.

Any advise would be great. TIA

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Hello All, Same boat as pretty much anyone here. Got my PR approved and planning to do "soft" land next year March-April for my PR card. Both me and my wife are IT professionals working in NY area.

But in our case we have our own house plus few investment properties in US. We are anyways fed up of long wait for GC and thinking of moving in 1-2 yrs to canada.

Anyone has experience where they had their house/investment properties before moving to Canada? We are anyways thinking of selling our house and putting proceeds from this as down payment for house in canada but what about investment properties.

Any advise would be great. TIA
Try to sell everything off before you move to Canada, otherwise you will have to pay capital gains taxes in Canada. If you can't sell your house before you move (presumably because you live there) then get a fair market value assessment of your property done (~ $300 or so). This will act as the cost-basis for capital gains taxes.

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Try to sell everything off before you move to Canada, otherwise you will have to pay capital gains taxes in Canada. If you can't sell your house before you move (presumably because you live there) then get a fair market value assessment of your property done (~ $300 or so). This will act as the cost-basis for capital gains taxes.
Thanks for replying. I will anyways be charged a long term capital gain taxes (15%) if I sell my property here in US. This will be the case for my investment properties. We have anyways stayed in our primary residence for around 2.5 yrs now so will try to save capital gain on primary residence by staying for another 2 yrs.

I have not yet read about details on capital taxes between Canada and US on investment properties.

Is it more taxing if I move to canada and declare these as foreign investments? I was hoping keepinng rental income from these properties (in US dollars) will give more value for my money

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Thanks for replying. I will anyways be charged a long term capital gain taxes (15%) if I sell my property here in US. This will be the case for my investment properties. We have anyways stayed in our primary residence for around 2.5 yrs now so will try to save capital gain on primary residence by staying for another 2 yrs.

I have not yet read about details on capital taxes between Canada and US on investment properties.

Is it more taxing if I move to canada and declare these as foreign investments? I was hoping keepinng rental income from these properties (in US dollars) will give more value for my money
Not sure what you mean. You don't need to pay capital gains tax on your primary residence if you've lived in it 2/5 years and sell it before you leave the US. Otherwise you would have to pay Canadian taxes = profit * 0.5 * marginal tax rate (> 40% ) for most middle class income earners.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

vamsik58

Dec 28, 2017
Hello Everybody,
It is great to see a lot of people that are in the same boat as ours. My wife and I are S/W engineers on H-4 EAD and H-1B respectively. We have a U.S born child and are planning to move to Canada sometime sooner than later. Unlike most of the folks here we are no way closer to Canadian PR yet. We need to initiate the PR process starting with IELTS preparation. I've got few questions to those of you who could help us in this regard

1. What should be the ideal CRS score to get the invite?
2. Is anyone here from Montreal, Quebec that could provide me the information to apply for that province?
3. Why is Quebec PNP different compared to the rest of the provinces?

Thank you and waiting patiently for your responses. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Best,
Vamsi

sree84

Sep 26, 2017
Ohio
Category........
FSW
Hello Everybody,
It is great to see a lot of people that are in the same boat as ours. My wife and I are S/W engineers on H-4 EAD and H-1B respectively. We have a U.S born child and are planning to move to Canada sometime sooner than later. Unlike most of the folks here we are no way closer to Canadian PR yet. We need to initiate the PR process starting with IELTS preparation. I've got few questions to those of you who could help us in this regard

2. Is anyone here from Montreal, Quebec that could provide me the information to apply for that province?

Thank you and waiting patiently for your responses. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Best,
Vamsi
The same boat; recently submitted PR application.

1) A score of 445+ should be able to get you an invitation in the upcoming rounds.If you can score this with IELTS and education of you and your spouse, no need to go for a PNP. Anyway, submit the application for FBI PCC and try to get transcripts from your university for ECA. These are the two things that take the most amount of time. You can collect the rest of the docs and appear for IELTS in this period.

No idea about questions 2 and 3.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello Everybody,

Best,
Vamsi
#2 Start from here:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/requirements-programs/index.html

#3 Check this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada–Quebec_Accord