+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving from Quebec to BC

apsarkar

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Hi all,

I was covered by RAMQ in Quebec, but my health card just got expired, and right now I am outside Quebec and will be returning to BC. How can I renew my Quebec Health Insurance Card from BC? Is it possible to do that since I won't be residing in Quebec anymore? Will I need to get a private insurance to cover me for the first 3 months in BC?

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Hi all,

I was covered by RAMQ in Quebec, but my health card just got expired, and right now I am outside Quebec and will be returning to BC. How can I renew my Quebec Health Insurance Card from BC? Is it possible to do that since I won't be residing in Quebec anymore? Will I need to get a private insurance to cover me for the first 3 months in BC?
I think you need to apply for BC's health card.

apsarkar

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
I think you need to apply for BC's health card.
What about the first 3 months, I know I will need to apply for a BC Health Card, but it has a 3 month waiting period. Can I renew my Quebec Card for those 3 months while residing in BC?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
What about the first 3 months, I know I will need to apply for a BC Health Card, but it has a 3 month waiting period. Can I renew my Quebec Card for those 3 months while residing in BC?
Almost certainly not - since renewing the Quebec card likely requires you to be resident in Quebec.