+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Move from Calgary to Ottawa

aisha90

Jun 15, 2016
Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right section to post this question. Please pardon if this is not the right forum. I will be moving to Calgary because I got Nomination from Alberta but I have heard that there are job crisis in Alberta. Is it possible to move from Calgary to Ottawa soon after landing ?? How much time do I have to stay in Calgary ? Is it possible to move within a day or two ? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
W
Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right section to post this question. Please pardon if this is not the right forum. I will be moving to Calgary because I got Nomination from Alberta but I have heard that there are job crisis in Alberta. Is it possible to move from Calgary to Ottawa soon after landing ?? How much time do I have to stay in Calgary ? Is it possible to move within a day or two ? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Would suggest that in general you should actually do some research and not just go on what you have heard. Yes the unemployment rate is slightly higher in Alberta than some other provinces in Canada but it isn’t a crisis. If you want to move to Ottawa you should spend a few months in Alberta and keep records of all the jobs you have applied to plus any interviews you have had without getting a job. After a few months you can move if you haven’t been able to secure a job.

aisha90

Jun 15, 2016
W

Would suggest that in general you should actually do some research and not just go on what you have heard. Yes the unemployment rate is slightly higher in Alberta than some other provinces in Canada but it isn’t a crisis. If you want to move to Ottawa you should spend a few months in Alberta and keep records of all the jobs you have applied to plus any interviews you have had without getting a job. After a few months you can move if you haven’t been able to secure a job.
@canuck78 , thanks for your input. Actually one of my acquaintances is living in Calgary for a long time, he studied there as well but he moved out 2 years back to Ottawa because he didn't get a job for 1 whole year and he stayed there in Ottawa for 2 years and got a job again in Calgary but the job is quite bad they are taking work of 4 people from just 1 person so he got another offer from Ottawa again, he will be moving there soon. He is an experienced person and a Database Administrator. So, I wondered if such an experienced person living in Calgary since he was just 14 or 16 years old and unable to land a proper job then what will happen to new immigrants.

Do you live in Alberta??

Thanks for your suggestion, it really helps.

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
Hi,

Thanks
This link should answer your question: https://canadianvisa.org/blog/immigration/can-i-move-to-any-province-after-pnp