+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother (Widow) Visitor Visa

kanha

Jul 4, 2021
Hi All,

I want to apply for a visitor/super visa for my mother (widow) since she is alone in India and I'm the only child. She has health issues and I don't want to leave her alone for a long time. I've already gone through all the relevant old posts and trying to make my mind what documents I need to gather for her visitor visa since we haven't completed one year in Canada so can't apply for her Super Visa yet. Though I see multiple rejections in such kinds of cases so don't want to take any risk of rejection this time bcoz her US visa also got rejected in 2016 due to the same reason.

Here's my case:
- My husband and I got our PR three months back. Since we recently moved here so it seems can't apply for her Super Visa.
- My mother has no property in her name except the agricultural land.
- She is a homemaker and as such no regular pension/salary.
- Home ties are not that strong bcoz I'm the only child.
- She has a bank account where I transfer the money regularly.

How can I make my mother's case strong for a tourist visa?

Here are a few findings that I got from the old posts but looking for sample content so I could provide it to my mother.

- Get an affidavit from the local sarpanch stating that she had been living at the address for more than 30 years. Looking for sample content.
- Get a government-approved property valuation report for her agricultural land. However, I don't know how to get it.
- Provide an invitation letter which includes my mother's close relatives in India.
- Try to show a purpose for her necessary return. It's something I'm unsure how should I justify this because she doesn't do any job and has no liabilities in India.

Please feel free to add more documents/information that I should provide to make her case strong.

Thank you!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, you are a new PR...

What does your mother do with her agricultural land? As in the other posts that you quoted previously, does she plant the seeds and harvest the crops in a particular season and her employees (or co op) or clients expects for her return? There were some ideas in those posts and you can put them in use for your letter of invitation. Be honest that she got refused of the US visa in 2016.

Btw, in one of the previous threads, one poster mentioned about how he get the valuation report: He went to a district centre, janakpuri, and paid INR 2500 per property valuation. Affidavit proves nothing, although other posters might disagree.

Reactions: kanha

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I want to apply for a visitor/super visa for my mother (widow) since she is alone in India and I'm the only child. She has health issues and I don't want to leave her alone for a long time. I've already gone through all the relevant old posts and trying to make my mind what documents I need to gather for her visitor visa since we haven't completed one year in Canada so can't apply for her Super Visa yet. Though I see multiple rejections in such kinds of cases so don't want to take any risk of rejection this time bcoz her US visa also got rejected in 2016 due to the same reason.

Here's my case:
- My husband and I got our PR three months back. Since we recently moved here so it seems can't apply for her Super Visa.
- My mother has no property in her name except the agricultural land.
- She is a homemaker and as such no regular pension/salary.
- Home ties are not that strong bcoz I'm the only child.
- She has a bank account where I transfer the money regularly.

How can I make my mother's case strong for a tourist visa?

Here are a few findings that I got from the old posts but looking for sample content so I could provide it to my mother.

- Get an affidavit from the local sarpanch stating that she had been living at the address for more than 30 years. Looking for sample content.
- Get a government-approved property valuation report for her agricultural land. However, I don't know how to get it.
- Provide an invitation letter which includes my mother's close relatives in India.
- Try to show a purpose for her necessary return. It's something I'm unsure how should I justify this because she doesn't do any job and has no liabilities in India.

Please feel free to add more documents/information that I should provide to make her case strong.

Thank you!
As you correctly pointed out your mother doesn't qualify for a supervisa. Does she have her own funds in addition to the money you send to her? You mention she has health issues. If so, you also should be able to show that she won't need access to the Canadian healthcare system. Were you living with her before moving to Canada? She has very few ties and you are applying pretty soon after arriving in Canada (and essentially as soon as you could due to closures) so there will be huge concerns that she has no intentions of returning to India. You mention agricultural land but what about her home? That is an important tie to show that she has a home to return to.

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
I have recently applied for TRV for my mom and it was approved in 2 weeks.
My mom is a widow, my sister also doesn't live in the home country. My mom does own her home and has (for Canadian standards) very small pension.
I have not submitted any documents to show her ties to home country what so ever.
I only uploaded invitation later stating that I will be covering all the expenses (included my job title and salary), and birth certificate for proof of relationship.

Good luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My mom is a widow, my sister also doesn't live in the home country. My mom does own her home and has (for Canadian standards) very small pension.
I have not submitted any documents to show her ties to home country what so ever.
I only uploaded invitation later stating that I will be covering all the expenses (included my job title and salary), and birth certificate for proof of relationship.

Good luck!
Does she have a lot of previous international travel because approval without proof that she has a home, no bank statements, etc. is extremely unusual.

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Does she have a lot of previous international travel because approval without proof that she has a home, no bank statements, etc. is extremely unusual.
She does travel 1-2 times a year, as my sister lives in Spain and my aunt (my mom's sister) lives in Germany.
I did not include her bank statements or proof of ties to her country.

Reactions: kanha and YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She does travel 1-2 times a year, as my sister lives in Spain and my aunt (my mom's sister) lives in Germany.
I did not include her bank statements or proof of ties to her country.
Her travel history would have been a large factor in her approval. Would not encourage others to not include bank statements, proof of housing, etc.

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Her travel history would have been a large factor in her approval. Would not encourage others to not include bank statements, proof of housing, etc.
I absolutely agree. My intention is not to encourage people to skip those documents, it's to say that it is possible to get a visa even when things are not ideal.

kanha

Jul 4, 2021
What does your mother do with her agricultural land? As in the other posts that you quoted previously, does she plant the seeds and harvest the crops in a particular season and her employees (or co op) or clients expects for her return? There were some ideas in those posts and you can put them in use for your letter of invitation. Be honest that she got refused of the US visa in 2016.
She and I just manage the farming with the help of employees who do the planting and harvest the crops. I'll try to make a strong letter to include all this. By any chance do you know if I could get a sample invitation letter from somewhere? Yes, I'll include her US visa rejection too.
Btw, in one of the previous threads, one poster mentioned about how he get the valuation report: He went to a district centre, janakpuri, and paid INR 2500 per property valuation. Affidavit proves nothing, although other posters might disagree.
I get your point. Do you mean getting an Affidavit won't help much? If that's the case then could you please advise how can she prove that she has property in India?

Thanks a lot for your help!

kanha

Jul 4, 2021
Does she have her own funds in addition to the money you send to her?
Yes she has around 6L but the only problem is my name is also in that account. Will that create any problem?
You mention she has health issues. If so, you also should be able to show that she won't need access to the Canadian healthcare system.
You mean I can show her dependency in India that she needs to get her treatment after a certain period of time and it's not possible in Canada. Is my understanding correct?
Were you living with her before moving to Canada?
Yes
You mention agricultural land but what about her home? That is an important tie to show that she has a home to return to.
It's in village so it's still on my grand father name as we live in a joint family.

Thanks for your time and help!

kanha

Jul 4, 2021

Good luck!
Glad to hear it. Congratulations!!! Would you mind sharing sample SOP/invitation letter with me after removing your personal details? Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes she has around 6L but the only problem is my name is also in that account. Will that create any problem?

You mean I can show her dependency in India that she needs to get her treatment after a certain period of time and it's not possible in Canada. Is my understanding correct?

Yes

It's in village so it's still on my grand father name as we live in a joint family.

Thanks for your time and help!
Would highlight if she has a pension, savings from previous work, inheritance, etc. if possible if she isn’t entirely dependent on you financially. Would include proof of travel medical insurance and a plan about how you will be treating her health conditions while visiting Canada plus proof that she has a home to return to. How serious are her health conditions. A medical will likely be required snd if she has serious health issues that could be an issue. The fact that you were living with her in India and you are essentially applying for her TRV as soon as possible after lockdowns and couriers resume in India is a huge warning sign that she may be attempting to move to Canada to live with you. If she has a home to return to where she will be living with family members that will be a very good tie. Would personally suggest waiting until you become better established before she applies for a TRV. Her current application creates huge concerns that she wants to move to Canada and based on what you are posting you seem to be planning for her to move to Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I get your point. Do you mean getting an Affidavit won't help much? If that's the case then could you please advise how can she prove that she has property in India?

Thanks a lot for your help!
The property valuation is obtained from a district office (a government office) which should be suffice to prove she has property in India.

There are samples of invitation letter in the forum and the ircc website too.

kanha

Jul 4, 2021
Her current application creates huge concerns that she wants to move to Canada and based on what you are posting you seem to be planning for her to move to Canada.
Sure...I'll highlight all the points as you suggested. I will wait for another 3-4 months then apply for her visitor visa. Thank you for all your help!

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Visitor Visa for my mother and needed some advise.

My mom is widow and is living with my brother in India who is self-employed. Although she depends financially on him and has no property in her name, but she has her own bank account with savings of approx CAD 1500 and also some FDs of same amount. However the nominee of the FDs is my cousin who is about to get married and she was saving this money for her wedding. She also has approx. CAD 1800 cash with her, but I have asked her not to deposit it now as it might look suspicious considering I am about to apply in a week's time. And also because there is no proof as such to provide for the cash deposit since it's just the money she has been saving over time.

My husband and I will be taking care of all her expenses while she is here as both of us are in decent full-time jobs since more than 2 years and giving all our supporting dox. The plan is to call her for 3 weeks or so as soon as the Visa is approved. But since the TRV processing times are varying, we are not mentioning any date, just giving reason as Covid. She has already got both her shots so attaching proof of vaccination as well.

My questions are as follows:

- Can I ask her to deposit cash before she takes out the bank statement and mention in LOE that these are just her savings at home?
- Hope submitting FDs (which are in her name) will still be okay considering nominee is my cousin?
- Reg ties back home, the fact that she stays with my brother in a rented accommodation is okay? Do I need to give rent agreement?

Many thanks for your help in advance!