+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother (Widow) Visitor Visa

kanha

Jul 4, 2021
- Can I ask her to deposit cash before she takes out the bank statement and mention in LOE that these are just her savings at home?
- Hope submitting FDs (which are in her name) will still be okay considering nominee is my cousin?
- Reg ties back home, the fact that she stays with my brother in a rented accommodation is okay? Do I need to give rent agreement?
First of all good luck with her visa. Hope it gets approved.

Since I'm still gathering more data before applying it for my mother but based on my research so far I'd share my suggestions. Please look for recommendations from other experienced folks in this forum.

- I'd say don't add any new deposit at this point in time if you are applying it within 3 weeks.
- I think it should be OK.
- I think just having a rental agreement won't make strong home ties. You should try to add a few more things to prove that she will definitely come back after 3 weeks. However, I'm also looking for that solid reason for my mother but no success yet.

Thank you!

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017

Since I'm still gathering more data before applying it for my mother but based on my research so far I'd share my suggestions. Please look for recommendations from other experienced folks in this forum.

- I'd say don't add any new deposit at this point in time if you are applying it within 3 weeks.
- I think just having a rental agreement won't make strong home ties. You should try to add a few more things to prove that she will definitely come back after 3 weeks. However, I'm also looking for that solid reason for my mother but no success yet.

Thank you!
Hi,

Thank you so much for your response!

1- Noted. However it's not a big amount, just 1800 CAD. Not sure if that would raise any eye brows. Or should she deposit a lower amount? I am just thinking that cash at home can be put to use since that will strengthen her finances. And since she is a homemaker, I don't think I need to show source of funds.. anyway there isn't any. It's just something she saved.
2- Thank you!
3- Well to be honest this is all that I can give. She and my single brother stay together so she will go back eventually. I don't want to make up things and run into trouble. I guess I can just be honest and let them decide...

Good luck with your mom's application as well!

Anitha Sarath

Oct 11, 2020

Thank you!
Hey , Have u managed to get the visa , because I’m also on same boat in my case I’m not on PR I work on closed work permit .

could you please guide me

Thanks,
Anitha

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey , Have u managed to get the visa , because I’m also on same boat in my case I’m not on PR I work on closed work permit .

could you please guide me

Thanks,
Anitha
Not sure you are going to get a reply to a two year old post. Your parent must show funds to support visit without using all savings, ties to home country (job letter, businesses, family, property, investments), travel history etc. You may show your funds, IRCC doesn’t need to consider your funds. You can provide a letter of invitation.