+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother tourist visa | URGENT

malikjatin

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Biometrics is an issue. She will have to wait for that too as processing times don’t include completing biometrics. There is no “faster“ visa. Her chances are dependant on her profile - funds, ties to country.
Thanks

So, proprty in her name & ample funds in her account are adequate to get her the visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks

So, proprty in her name & ample funds in her account are adequate to get her the visa?
This certainly won't guarantee approval.

However it's the sort of evidence you want to provide for her to have the highest chances of approval.

If she has previous travel to countries such as the US and UK which require visas, that will help as well.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks

No, it will not guarantee a visa. Visas are never gurarantteed. She should show evidence of international travel to visa countries like the US, NZ, Australia and UK. She needs to show strong ties like family, job and property. So if she doesn’t have family In India and everyone is in Canada, it will be an issue.

malikjatin

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
No, it will not guarantee a visa. Visas are never gurarantteed. She should show evidence of international travel to visa countries like the US, NZ, Australia and UK. She needs to show strong ties like family, job and property. So if she doesn’t have family In India and everyone is in Canada, it will be an issue.
Thanks both for such a great help..
So her case is like

1. Property in her name in India
2. Ample funds in account
3. My sister ( her daughter) though married is here
4. This will be first international trip for her, no other visa ever.
5. About our family, So we are 2 siblings ( me, my wife, 2 yr daughter got PR), my sister stays in India, married, stay with her in laws. Father expires recently in Apr 2021.
Cant just leave her here.

Please advice accordingly. Thanks thanks a lot

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So her case is like

5. About our family, So we are 2 siblings ( me, my wife, 2 yr daughter got PR), my sister stays in India, married, stay with her in laws. Father expires recently in Apr 2021.

We can't really advise further. You have to submit an application with the evidence you have.

We cannot tell you if the application will be approved or not. You'll have to apply and see what happens.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So her case is like

All you can is try. There is no guarantee.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
With property, funds, and her daughter in India, what your assessment says?
A married daughter living with her in-laws provide minimal ties. The big concern will be whether there are concerns that she is trying to move to Canada with you which is not allowed. If she needs to be in India a certain amount of times per year to receive pension payments that would be the kind of proof that shows she has no plans to remain in Canada longterm. No matter what your mother needs to have a plan for her to be alone in India since it is very unlikely that she’ll be able to travel with you to Canada and remain there indefinitely. If her being in India alone is not a possibility then immigration to Canada May not be a good option.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
So her case is like

You’ve got to keep in mind , that only you and your family went thru the immigration process to live in Canada, your mother didn’t .

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If being with your widowed mother is important, then you may want to reconsider moving to Canada.
There is a chance that she may be able to visit you for a short time in the future. But do not expect for her to move to Canada with you soon. Currently PGP (sponsoring parents) is a lottery system and some ppl may not get the invitation to sponsor for a very very long time.

Reactions: Naturgrl

malikjatin

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Thanks a lottttt guys for all your help & time @Naturgrl @Copingwithlife @YVR123 @canuck78 @scylla

Just last question from my end please as I am really worried now.

What I planned after my father's incident, that I will apply for mother's tourist visa, and call her there after 1 or 2 months of landing with certainty of visa in hand, for which I asked the initial question.
Then once she lands, stay there for 4 or 5 months, then come back to India, and then again travel 4 or 5 months.

This was planned till her Super Visa Application was filed, which will be around 1 year after now.
Once her Super visa is in process, we can continue travel between India and Canada respecting the timelines of 6 months.

Then once her Super Visa is granted, then she can stay at a stretch of 2 years.
Post that wanted to try PR application for her, which is of course lottery and involves a lot of luck, but yeah then we will be having Super Visa, so a little breather there.

Can you please guide me if this plan, looks workable to you experienced people?
Please guide me
This decision will be very important for me.
Please if you can be detailed.

Regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lottttt guys for all your help & time @Naturgrl @Copingwithlife @YVR123 @canuck78 @scylla

What I planned after my father's incident, that I will apply for mother's tourist visa, and call her there after 1 or 2 months of landing with certainty of visa in hand, for which I asked the initial question.
Then once she lands, stay there for 4 or 5 months, then come back to India, and then again travel 4 or 5 months.

This was planned till her Super Visa Application was filed, which will be around 1 year after now.
Once her Super visa is in process, we can continue travel between India and Canada respecting the timelines of 6 months.

Post that wanted to try PR application for her, which is of course lottery and involves a lot of luck, but yeah then we will be having Super Visa, so a little breather there.

Please guide me

Regards
That would be considered living in Canada. If she is spending more time in Canada than in India as a visitor especially If this started right as you moved to Canada that creates concerns that she has minimal ties to India In general she should be spending more time in India than in Canada, If she stayed in Canada for 4-5 months then went home to India for 6+ months and applied for a supervisa that would be a much better plan. She first has to get a TRV for any of your plan to work. When she goes to apply for a supervisa she needs to show she still has ties to India because although she is able to stay for 2 years she is still expected to return to India at a certain point.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Please guide me

Regards
It is workable on paper. However there are a number of factors that do not guarantee success and you need to have a backup plan in case things don't turn out as you expect.
- It's unknown at this time if the TRV will be approved. This is far from guaranteed. There is definitely a possibility the TRV will be refused. You need to put together a strong application but then also consider what you will do if the TRV is refused.
- If the TRV is approved, you will still need to plan for your mother to spend significant time in her home country (plan for at least 50% of the time in her home country and no more than 50% of her time in Canada). Even with the Super Visa, she is only allowed to visit Canada. If she spends 2 years in Canada then she would want to return to her home country for at least 1 year (if not longer) there before returning for another visit.
- It's unknown how long it will take you to qualify and then be selected through the Parent / Grandparent sponsorship lottery. There are always far more people applying than spots available.

Good luck.

Reactions: canuck78

sandyhere12

Apr 9, 2019

Please guide me

Regards
Hey Brother, I have done the same mistake you going to do now. Never ever include the TRV visa application of your parents or in-laws with yours or your family, I got refusal for both my mother-in-law and father-in-law. Once you get the refusal its always difficult to get approval next time. I tried again for my father-in-law but they rejected so I honestly suggest you to wait for your mothers TRV application until you land here and if all the documentation is appropriate she will get approval in due time.