+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother in Law TRV (Canada)

ArshpreetK

Jun 19, 2020
Dear All,

We (MY Husband, my 5-year daughter, and myself) are on work permit status under Refugee claim

Currently, I am 8+month pregnant with the due date of Aug 09, 2020, and now I am starting feeling unwell which includes my back pain. I have already left the job and my husband is also planning to leave the job to take care of me with this we will face a lot of financial crises in the coming months.

So with our current situation, I am planning to apply for TRV for my Mother in Law from India and my father in law can support my mother travelling expenses as currently, he is working. Although my mother in law has also sufficient balance in her account as she is receiving rent from one from her property.

Documents which my mother in law can show when applying for TRV are as follow : -

• Her 3 years returns which can show that she is receiving rent from the property
  • Rent agreement
  • Running Bank statement of Rs. 3-4 lacs
  • CA valuation certificate of two property which are in the name of my mother in law.
  • MY father in law 3-4 year returns + salary certificate
  • Runnung bank statement of Rs. 2-3 lacs

So is there any chance my mother in law gets the TRV for 3-4 months of Canada, if yes then please help to guide us as this will stop my husband to leave the job

Regards
Arshpreet.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
You can try, but the chances of the MIL getting a TRV are slim to none . One, you have a pending refugee in the pipeline, the IRCC will be reluctant to issue a TRV fearing the MIL will claim refugee as well . Second, caring for you & the expectant infant is considered illegal work . Are you on Mat leave ? If your spouse qualifies, what’s stopping him from temporarily using part of the parental leave offered from taking care of you & the infant? That will give a bit of financial support. Having a child regardless, will cost money, that would have been part of the game plan you would have had in place .Many people in Canada have a child without their parents becoming involved
( Btw, requesting 3-4 months is far too long)

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear All,

We (MY Husband, my 5-year daughter, and myself) are on work permit status under Refugee claim

Currently, I am 8+month pregnant with the due date of Aug 09, 2020, and now I am starting feeling unwell which includes my back pain. I have already left the job and my husband is also planning to leave the job to take care of me with this we will face a lot of financial crises in the coming months.

So with our current situation, I am planning to apply for TRV for my Mother in Law from India and my father in law can support my mother travelling expenses as currently, he is working. Although my mother in law has also sufficient balance in her account as she is receiving rent from one from her property.

Documents which my mother in law can show when applying for TRV are as follow : -

• Her 3 years returns which can show that she is receiving rent from the property
  • Rent agreement
  • Running Bank statement of Rs. 3-4 lacs
  • CA valuation certificate of two property which are in the name of my mother in law.
  • MY father in law 3-4 year returns + salary certificate
  • Runnung bank statement of Rs. 2-3 lacs

So is there any chance my mother in law gets the TRV for 3-4 months of Canada, if yes then please help to guide us as this will stop my husband to leave the job

Regards
Arshpreet.
The changes of your mother in law being approved for a TRV are low due to your refugee claim. But you can certainly try.

Does she have any previous travel to countries requiring visa such as the US and UK? If so, she should include proof of this travel history.

3-4 months is too long a visit. She should request 2-3 weeks instead.

Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sounds like you are experienced the normal aches and pains of pregnancy which is only made worse by the heat. I am not sure why your husband needs to leave work for some long if it creates financial issues. He can leave for a 2 weeks once you deliver and help you when he is not working. Some fathers are only able to take a few days to a week. If he is working 9-5 he can go shopping, do cleaning, do cooking, etc. on the weekend and after work. This is pretty standard in Canada. If you don’t have extra finances he really should be taking minimal time off. Being able to pa6 your rent and pay for food, diapers, etc. Is much more important. Most Canadian women don’t have someone stay at home with them for months. Many don’t have the budget to have that luxury. You have a 5 year old who can help you do some basic things like grab a diaper or a beverage from the fridge.

Family members of asylum claimants have difficulty visiting Canada because there are concerns that the family members will also claim asylum. You can certainly try but I think you need to prepare for your parents to be unable to visit Canada for a long period of time even if you get protected person status.