+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MOSCOW VISA OFFICE, please join here to share experience

canadaforum

Star Member
Dec 16, 2010
It is too difficult to wait so long, i ordered CAIPS there was written application status open and in progress,my points were calculated and nothing else .

marushik

Mar 27, 2012
well, I also was advised to order CAIPS, but frankly speaking I dont want to do so.......did you pay for the CAIPS, and how long did it take to activate it. What are your points buddy and your NOC?
Yes waiting in uncertainty is really killing me............to be a skilled worker and waiting for years, months terrible why? why?
We could plan many other things and not waste out precious time on waiting.....

Perlini

Jun 19, 2012
Albania
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Sent with full doc
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
26.05.2011 & 07.02.2012
Passport Req..
????
VISA ISSUED...
????
LANDED..........
????
hello to all my friends!
3 weeks ago my medical expired. My status on ECAS has been for 1.5 years "In process" and 4 days ago my status changed showing "In process" and also "Decision Made".
Also there were explained that VO already mailed me an explanation.
I have no idea what the decision is, approved or refused.
Every time i have been e-mailing to VO they were giving me really short and general answer like "ur file is beeing processed, u will be contacted if any change" and also they were kindly asking not to spend their time by e-mails cose it takes time to them instead of processing our files.
Please if anyone has any idea what it means In process + Decision Made when they didnt ask my passport and Med is expired from 3 weeks now.

canadaforum

Star Member
Dec 16, 2010
Dear Perlini did you have interview twice ?and how it was?So if the interview was ok it can be a sistem problem your <<decision made>>.
good luck

Perlini

Jun 19, 2012
Albania
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Sent with full doc
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
26.05.2011 &amp; 07.02.2012
Passport Req..
????
VISA ISSUED...
????
LANDED..........
????
Yess i had a secound interview(only me, my wife was invited only on the first int.).
I had almost the same questions as in the first interview. I suppose all was ok.
Lets hope it is for good.
Thank you canadaforum

Wande

Oct 12, 2011
Perlini said:
hello to all my friends!
3 weeks ago my medical expired. My status on ECAS has been for 1.5 years "In process" and 4 days ago my status changed showing "In process" and also "Decision Made".
Also there were explained that VO already mailed me an explanation.
I have no idea what the decision is, approved or refused.
Every time i have been e-mailing to VO they were giving me really short and general answer like "ur file is beeing processed, u will be contacted if any change" and also they were kindly asking not to spend their time by e-mails cose it takes time to them instead of processing our files.
Please if anyone has any idea what it means In process + Decision Made when they didnt ask my passport and Med is expired from 3 weeks now.
it is most likely your file has been aproved. good luck..

Perlini

Jun 19, 2012
Albania
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Sent with full doc
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
26.05.2011 &amp; 07.02.2012
Passport Req..
????
VISA ISSUED...
????
LANDED..........
????
Thank you Wande!
After 2.5 years of wait some hope is the best we need.
I wish u are right and at the same time wish to all of you an approval as soon as possible.

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Ontario, Vaughan (city above Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
attached (L7.5 R9 W6.5 S6.5, BS7.5)
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dear fellows, I understand your frustration!!! Everything is going to be ok! It is easier to say it now, while we are already in Canada, but believe me - it worth everything!!!!

You have to keep preparing, be calm and rational. If something goes wrong you will have time to deal with it. If everything goes smoothly (just very very very very long) you just have to be patient to turn your attention in more positive way. For example: learn more about geography and nature of Canada, learn more about the region you want to live, start to read local news, learn the map (in details, like where is going to be your kids' school, museums, where are train and bus stops, church or synagogue), local tax system, legislation, regulations, driving rules... In one word - start to feel as part of Canada and this waiting period will transform in useful preparation and not in painful expectation.

You are not alone waiting!!! There are a lot of people in your situation! For 95-98% of you it will end up in Canada! Start to prepare! ;)

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Ontario, Vaughan (city above Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
attached (L7.5 R9 W6.5 S6.5, BS7.5)
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
While you are preparing, here are some clues of what you have to expect and what you can start to read:

I am going to tell you about Driving Test in Ontario (very similar to all English Canada)

We came from Moldova and have done all the letters (letter from your ministry about your driving experience in Russia, letter from insurance company and copy of your driver license) in advance with translations. I can update you on some important issue!

1. MTO (Ministry of Transportation of Ontario) doesn’t accept anymore translations from your home country – only certified translation from Canadian certified translator. So don’t spend money on translations!

2. Before giving an exam I strongly suggest you to take at least 1-2 driving lessons!!! There are small issues special only for Canada that can cost several trials. Instructor will guide you through them easily. For example: how you turn your head on intersections (experienced drivers were failing time after time only because they were not turning their head 3 times on every intersection); when you park back side you MUST look through your shoulder and not in mirrors etc.

3. Spend some extra money and take the Certified Driving Courses. It takes 4 days theory and some practical (in car) lessons, but it gives you discount on your car insurance. As they (insurance companies) take in consideration only your driving experience in Canada (and US sometimes) this certificate can reduce your insurance on 15%!!! Believe me – that’s a lot!

4. Car insurance is very expensive, especially for newcomers. We got the cheapest possible one and it cost us 440$ a month for the new Toyota Corolla. Call as many insurance companies as you can to find the cheapest quote. And use Certificate I told you before. Declare the shortest distance you are going to drive (the less you kind of drive the smaller quote you gonna receive). Availability of garage or parking spot will also reduce your insurance cost.

5. Calling companies consider TD Bank (best quotes, but very-very long consideration period 1-2 months). We took ours in Desjardin (2 days and the best price after TD). But all insurance companies have their promotions and changes so be sure to check all possible options. If you take car insurance with house insurance – can be cheaper (local issue)!

6. About driving school in Toronto – there are plenty advertising online, but we took A&L Sprint Driving School. We were very happy! Their instructor – Arie Daich. He speaks English, Russian and Hebrew and he is very calm, patient and gives you tips on everything! We also took their car for the Drive Test. Here driver examiners feels more relaxed when you giving test on instructor’s car because it has second pare of brakes :) and they have more control in critical situation.

7. Be sure to prepare for the Written Test in advance (in home country), because here you will have a lot of things to settle down and worry. Take at least one away! You can download the Driver’s Handbook for Ontario on MTO web site or practice there online.

8. You have 60 days that you can drive with your foreign license, but the insurance will cost you huge amount of money! Driving without insurance is illegal and can get you in a very serious trouble, even refuse of citizenship in the long run.

9. Usefull links:
Driving School – www.alsprintdriving.com
Driver’s Handbook - http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/handbook/index.shtml

LiSa1208

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2011
Doc's Request.
13-10-2011
AOR Received.
20-07-2011
Med's Request
07-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-05-2012
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
Wande said:
it is most likely your file has been aproved. good luck..
Hi guys,

I have a question to you...I wasn't able to access my Ecas for 2 weeks, today i checked it and it's finally working so it says that "Medicals mave been received" and also "We started processing your application on March 22nd 2012. People here say that it's a good sign and I hope that I will get Passport request soon. Do you have any idea when that would be? Also do you know how Moscow office sends Passport request by mail or email? I would really appreciate if you could help me. Thank you!

Feb 6, 2012
Hi! I decide to join this thread after almost 11 months of waiting my 2nd AOR from Moscow Visa office :mad:( my application was accepted by CIC1st September 2011 and approved and sent to Moscow 30th November 2011) I contacted VO several times and the only reply is that my application is in thje queue. Waiting is killing me! :( Can any one tell me if VO sends the 2nd AOR these days? There ahve been so many changes recently. I would be really grateful for any information.