+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

morocco papers help

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for a citizenship card if you want one, it's officially called 'certifiate of citizenship'. If you are born in Canada, you don't need one but if you are a Canadian born overseas to Canadian parents or a naturalized immigrant, your card is your proof of citizenship.

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
Judith, how did things go?

Can someone help me?

The papers I need to marry in Morocco are the following:

RCMP (Police) Clearance - In French
Birth Certificate - In French
Passport - In French
Letter of Employment - In French

Medical Examination???? If so do I need this done in Morocco or Canada?

Also Canadian nationality/citizenship card? I do not have this as I am born in Canada, can I just use my birth certifcate or passport?

Thanks!

izzy

Sep 21, 2007
ok..this is how i did it!!!
RCMP-ENGLISH(got it translated in morroc) a lot cheaper them here in canada
BIRTH CERTIFICATE-ENGLISH(got it translated in morroc)""""""
PASSPORT-english(you dont need translation you need 2 or 3 copy of your passaport
letter ofemployment-english(got it translated in morroc)

MEDICAL EXAMINATION IN MORROC..I went to my housband family doctor he did it

for the last question just used ur BIRTH CERTIFICATE

HOPE THIS HELP

judithlapoint

Dec 11, 2008
hey stealth i think you have just about everything you require to get married in morocco. but i dont know why you have to get all these papers if you are already moroccan or born to moroccan parents. process for you should be much easier.

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
Yea, I had a uncle back their, speak to an Adul for me.

He said all I need is my birth certificate.

But JUST incase, I will bring everything with me, and if needed make the quick flight to Rabat to get the other papers.

judithlapoint

Dec 11, 2008
i dont think you even need to go rabat to be very honest. you can even get those papers from canada before you leave. you can get the same documents from the foreign affairs of canada in ottawa ontario.

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
Judith,

I had an Uncle go to another Adul.

He said I need the following:

-birth certificate
-photocopy of the national card What is a national card? I do not have one...
-certificate of good conduct and lack of judicial antecedents to deliver by the authority concerned of his/her/its country of origin (police record)
-certificate of nationality I do not have one, and it takes 10 months to process one...
-certificate of work
-certificate of salary
-certificate of residence I take it this all can be obtained from my employer
-photocopy of the passport
-photocopy of the visa
-4photos of identity

Any help is appreciated. Bare in mind I am a born Canadian.

But Judith I was told I need this paper from Rabat: "-certificat du casier judiciare délivré par service central au ministre de la justice a rabat"

M

med

yes sure u need to get that paper from rabt or else ur file wont be complete

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
Thanks brother.

Yea I will stick to it, it is better to have all of the papers, than to be missing one.

Insh'Allah khair.

judithlapoint

Dec 11, 2008
stealth said:
Judith,

I had an Uncle go to another Adul.

He said I need the following:

Any help is appreciated. Bare in mind I am a born Canadian.

But Judith I was told I need this paper from Rabat: "-certificat du casier judiciare délivré par service central au ministre de la justice a rabat"
hey stealth this is what i think you will need but dont take my words for it ok.

-birth certificate
this is what you get from Canada but have to get translated and certified by a professional translator either in Canada or in Morocco. in canada they will charge around 150 dollars per page you require translated by a certified translator. so get this translation done somewhere in Morocco it will be a lot cheaper.
-photocopy of the national card What is a national card? I do not have one...
this will be something attesting you are a Canadian citizen, get this from Canada if you can
-certificate of good conduct and lack of judicial antecedents to deliver by the authority concerned of his/her/its country of origin (police record)
you didnt mention which province of Canada you live in. but you have to get this from the commissionaires and make sure you tell them the purpose for this police check as they will write it on the certificate. this will be half in english and half in french will cost you about 40 to 50 dollars. do not get confused with the fingerprinting services, you do not require a fingerprint search, decline that please as it takes more than 6 months to get it. you do not need it. just the simple one k.
-certificate of nationality I do not have one, and it takes 10 months to process one...
if you get this from Canada yes it might take more than 10 months as it comes from the foreign affairs of canada located in Ottawa. when you go to rabat at the Canadian embassy they will give you this along with the capacite de mariage. you will have to give them 50 dollars canadian and provide them with a letter in French signed and notarized by a Canadian lawyer. so get this done in Canada before you leave ok. will cost you around 60 bucks only to get notarized. but you have to write this in French somehow if you know french.
-certificate of work
get this letter from your employer saying that you work as a whatever your job title is and how long you have been working for them and how much you make salary on the same letter.
-certificate of salary
same as above
-certificate of residence I take it this all can be obtained from my employer
you do not need this as you are a canadian citizen. if you were lets say an international studen in Canada from another country, then you might require this so ignore this ok.
-photocopy of the passport
get lots of these done here in CAnada before you leave as photocopies in morocco are very cheap quality and costs like 30 dirhams per copy...can you imagine? go to the staples photocopy centre and get all photocopies done at the staples or kinkos its like 9cents per copy. a lot cheaper than morocco.
-photocopy of the visa
this is basically your enty into morocco on your canadian passport so when you are in morocco make like 15 photocopies of the passport page showing date of entry to morocco.
-4photos of identity
dont stop at 4 photos only please. make atleast 18 to 20 colored passport size photos from here in Canada before you leave as over there in morocco it can take some time.

my suggestion is to get as many things you can get done here in Canada before you leave. even try to get all the translations done here in CAnada before you go to morocco because in morocco it can take time and time is what we all dont have. as much as i love my moroccan fiance i am hating morocco very much as people here working at the government offices are the most weirdest people i have ever seen and they are all liars and lazy bumbs drinking coffee and smoking all the time not getting work done.

one you thing you forgot was a moslim confession. im assuming you are a moslim because you are originally from morocco. and your name must also sound like a moslim name. but to be on the safe side go to your local mosque and tell him your situation for the marriage and he will give you a certificate saying you are moslim and he will sign it.

judith

M

med

just wanna correct some falsified facts that judith posted
first , photocopies of passport or any other papere doesnt cost 30 dirham per page it only costs 20 cents per page
second , you can make photos here and it takes just three hours to get them and u will have to pay 3 dollars for four photos
third people are drinking coffee and dont do thier work is just babbling , moroccan administraions are the same as the other administrations in the world , you can face problems making some paper but u will definately make them plus moroccan people are helpful , welcoming, and hospitable
i respect Judith opinion about hating morocco , but judith posts here under many names she used before the name Jeo and posted a very racist thread against moroccans calling them scammers but i reported that to the admin who has deleted it straight , but i dont think Judith will even learn the lesson that hating a moroccan that hurts her doesnt mean that she has to hate all moroccans simply because people are not the same ,