+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

morocco papers help

judithlapoint

Dec 11, 2008
hello i am judith 32 years originally from canada manitoba province and currently sitting in my hotel room at a hotel in marakesh. i have come here with intention of getting married to a sweet man i met online with my papers and everything. we are both planning on going to rabat on monday morning to get my documents required for marriage in morocco from the canadiam embassy. i also came to know that all documents i have including my work letter from the employer has to be translated in arabic language. where can i get my papers translated in rabat and have them certified translated to arabic?

thanks for everyones help in advance

judith

M

med

judith i hope you are not a person called joe posting under this new name anyway here is what u have to do in rabt .
on monday morning at nine you go to the canadian embassy and take with u ur passport u have to ask for the capacity of marriage and to get this paper from the embassy the will give you an address of a notary and u have to go to him straight he is not far from where the embassy is , once there the notary will write you a paper and you will pay 1000 dirham around 180 dollars to him u get this paper and go back apacity to the embassy you give it to them and then they will tell you when to come back for ur capcity of marriage you will also have to pay them 50 dollars , if u finish before midday then u have to go to the ministry of justice to do a paper called casier judicier you will need ur passport and ur canadian criminal record for it .
about translations , if ur papers are in french then u dont need to translate them into arabic if not then u need one , you can find a translator in rabt there quite many or u can get the address of a traslator from someone working in the embassy , good luck and if u have any problem with any paper dont hesisate to contact us here we will help you ,

M

med

yes judith if u have already brought one from there then that will be perfect , just remember that u need do two papers the capacity of marriage paper and the one from the ministry of justice just be sure you applly for them in the morning because after 12 u cant apply for them i dont want you to fall in the sam mistake and waste time there in rabat and pay for extra nights in hotels if u wake up early u can make the two papers , good luck judith

judithlapoint

Dec 11, 2008
yes only thing i did right was getting that paper from a lawyer but i will make sure to bring the 50 dollard canadian in cash to give embassy for the capacite de mariage. on the website they say that they also give you the Attestation de Nationalité same time they give the capacite de mariage. do both of these documents also have to be translated to arabic?

M

med

no dont translate them into arabic they ae already in french plz listen to me i have been into this with my canadian wife , dont translate any paper unless it is in english , hey by the way do u think translation is cheap or what it can amount till 70 dollars per page so translate only english papers thats all and dont translate any paper till u know u will need it , tell me what papers do u want to translate and in what language they are ,

M

med

nourdine if u have the address of that translator give it to her the lady needs it , i think thats so cheap your luck really

M

med

oh ok we have translated two papers of my wifes work they cost us 650 dirhams both that is in agadir

izzy

Sep 21, 2007
listen to med:::::
you dont have to translate anything that is already in french in MORROC they used boths language and if you have to... do it there is cheaper them in canada i really dont remenber a lot but if you follow the canadian wed site and the steps you will be fine i did it all by myself,just enjoy the time i will be there in the end of the month for 2 months if you need any help i will send you my number in morroc and you can't contact me
let me know
good luck

judithlapoint

Dec 11, 2008
thanks everyone for your kind help i am still very confused about the translation part because so many people have so many different opinion and I am now completely lost and worried that I might not even get married in this little time.

med you asked me what documents I have and in what languages I have them all in. so here is the list and the language I have them all in. please tell me which ones have to be translated and which ones do not have to be translated.

birth certificate is in english
letter of employment and wages is in english
police clearance record from RCMP - half in english half in french. one line english and second line french
canadian passport is in english
canadian nationality/citizenship card is in english

those are the documents I have from Canada. now these documents below in the list are the ones I will have to get in rabat morocco.

capacite de mariage - will be in french so does it have to be translated to arabic?
attestation de nationalite - will be in french so does it have to be translated to arabic?
police clearance record from ministry of justice in Rabat Morocco - does it have to be translated to arabic?
medical certificate from a local hospital or doctor saying I am in good condition - does it have to be translated to arabic?

thats all i think i have and let me know if i might have missed something.

after I have all these documents listed above, what are the next steps? we go to the family court and the judge there sends the envelops to the police and someone else? how long does that take before I actually get the permission to marry my fiance in morocco?

Judith

M

med

ok judith read this very carefully
FIRST
all the papers u have brought with you from canada have to be translated into arabic unfortunately so look for a cheap translator go to several ones ask about the prices then u compare them and u choose the cheapest one ,
SECOND
the papers u will get in morocco namely the capacite de marriage and attestation de nationalite , these two papers as i told you before are in french so u dont need to translate them into arabic because in morocco administrations are bilingual so french and arabic are accepted english no , the paper u will get from the ministry of justice here in morocco will also be in french so no translation again
THIRD
the next step u need to take , once u get all the papers done and all the documents of u and ur husband are prepared , you will have to make another paper about religion its called attestation de garder la religion , its a paper in which u state that u want to keep ur religion u can do this paper at a public writer ( katib omomi) ur hubby will know where to take u for one and u pay just 3 dollars for it . so once u get all these papers u will still need a paper called permission to meet the judge (idn liliqa alqadi ) ur husband needs to say the words as i put them in the brackets to the public writer and he will print off one to him again u need pay 3 dollars for it , with all these documents in ur file , you take it to the court of family u deposit it there they will tell you when to come to see the judge it will probably take a day before u meet the judge so once ur there with the judge he might ask both of u some routine questions like how did u know her and things like that but be CAREFUL if he asked u if u have ever slept with ur man then u say no because we are muslims and *censored word* out of marriage is punishable in the eyes of islamic law , anyway after this meeting ur file will be forwarded by the judge to the NIYABA ALAAMA its a police office it might take a day for ur file to get to this office and it might take another day for ur file inside this office before it is forwarded to the police officer in charge of mixed marriages once there u will have to undergo an invistigation about ur background its ok no problems in that if u are lucky or if ur husband knows someone there or if he pays a little money say 200 dirhams to the officer then ur file will be signed by the police boss and then returned to the family court withing 48 hours if not then it might take some days from 3 to 7 to get to the judge . now the boss signed the file , this latter is gonna be sent to the court and there they will tel u again when to come for a meeting with the judge once u go to meet him ur husband has to bring with him a translator , in most cases u will find a paper abt the addresses of translators working withing the jurisdiction of the court stuck on a wall there , so u accompany one of them inside the room and the judge will see the police report and ask few questions and then u might get the permission to get married in the same day or next one , by the way the maximum u will pay for the translator is 300 dirhams , once u get this permission then u go to the adul and he will make u a marriage contract u need pay him something like 1000 or 1200 dirhm for that , when u get this certificate u translat it into english and u stamped in the foreign office and another process will begin , that process is not important now for you so concentrate on what i have told you before and do ur best to get married in time before u leave then once ur married and finsih ur honeymoon dont forget to come here so that we we tell you what to do next , judth for gods sake my fingers are hurting from so much typing lol hahaha good luck and wish u a happy marriage from ur friend med

judithlapoint

Dec 11, 2008
hey med and nouredine. its now little after 4 o'clock early in the morning and I am sitting in my hotel room and crying my eyes out and I am so sad because now I am so scared and very worried what if I cannot get all my documents on time and the part you said about the family court taking a long time i am so scared and crying like hell. what if i can't get all my things done on time then this whole trip was a complete waste? i did not even get married for what I came for and all this what I had to go through. i am very sad and very hurt and crying so i hope someone can help me with. but noone can i guess.

med you said all my documents i bring from canada have to be translated to arabic. are you telling me that my Canadian Passport also needs to be translated? and my citizenship card also has to be translated? why do these two need translations? and there is no way ever anyone can leave these two pieces of identification with someone. i can understand about my police clearance from the RCMP police in canada which is written half in English and other half in French so maybe they want the whole thing to be in arabic only.

med you said that if my husband knows someone at the niyaba alaama which is a police station he can get the papers done for us quicker. where and when do we have to give him the money to get it done faster? do we give money to the judge and ask him to tell the police officer to get it faster? do you know where in marakesh this police boss sits and what is the name of his office? you said it might take from 3 to 7 days. is that 3 days from the day judge sends the papers to the niyaba alaama police office?

med you said that we have to look for a translator. i dont know why I need a translator and for what purpose?

med were you married in marakesh? i am planning on getting married in marakesh so do you know if the laws and timelines are little different here?

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
Judith, best of luck to you.

But what is a citizen ship card? I am a born Canadian and all I have is a SIN, Birth Certificate, and Passport? Does Citizenship Card = Social Insurance Card?