+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

morocco papers help

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
Thanks for the help guys.

One question tho...

"-certificate of nationality I do not have one, and it takes 10 months to process one...
if you get this from Canada yes it might take more than 10 months as it comes from the foreign affairs of canada located in Ottawa. when you go to rabat at the Canadian embassy they will give you this along with the capacite de mariage. you will have to give them 50 dollars canadian and provide them with a letter in French signed and notarized by a Canadian lawyer. so get this done in Canada before you leave ok. will cost you around 60 bucks only to get notarized. but you have to write this in French somehow if you know french."

This part:

"you will have to give them 50 dollars canadian and provide them with a letter in French signed and notarized by a Canadian lawyer"

What kind of letter from a lawyer??

Right now I have the following...

-Birth Certificate
-Passport & Copies
-RCMP Statement of Criminal Record for Marriage/VISA/etc.
-Letter of Employment/Salary/Residence
-Letter from a Imam, stating that I am a Muslim, and have been with the Mosque in my community for X amount of years. Done in French.
-Social Insurance Card

Anything else?

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
Also do I need this:

"To obtain a certificate of non-impediment to marriage issued at the Canadian Embassy in Rabat, Canadian citizens are now required to produce a sworn statement in French before a lawyer, notary or judge in Canada containing the following information:

Surname;
Given name;
Date of birth;
Place of birth;
Address (in Canada);
Marital status of the applicant;
Canadian passport number or birth certificate number;

A paragraph certifying that the Canadian citizen assumes complete responsibility for his/her future spouse for a prospective stay in Canada.

Information on the future spouse:

Surname;
Given name;
Date of birth;
Address;
Identification card number.

If the Canadian citizen is already in Morocco, he or she can complete this procedure before a Moroccan lawyer or notary. Please note that the sworn statement must be in French."

Or like stated can I get this in Morocco?

judithlapoint

Dec 11, 2008
stealth

i will answer both of your messages in this one message ok.

"you will have to give them 50 dollars canadian and provide them with a letter in French signed and notarized by a Canadian lawyer"

and your second message that you basically copied pasted from the website which describes what information needs to be put on the letter and your future spouse's.

this is what you need to do Stealth

do this in Canada. write up a letter in French including your name address passport number age date of birth and a paragraph that you understand taking full responsibility of your future spouse. then write down your spouse's information like her name address ddate of birth and her ID card number. leave some space for your signature/date signed and the space for the lawyer or notary public's signature. DO NOT SIGN IT YOURSELF JUST YET OKAY.

do this in canada.once you have the French letter. take the original letter you wrote and go to a lawyer who also does a notary public or go to any notary public. now SIGN and date this letter in the presence of the lawyer or notary public. he or she will witness you signing the letter you wrote in French and then he/she will also sign it and put their seal on the letter and the date on the letter and their stamp on the letter. this will cost you around 60 to 75 dollars depending on which lawyer/notary public you go to. maybe even cheaper who knows.

do this in Morocco rabat. take this original signed and sealed letter in French to the canadian embassy along with your passport and your future spouse's ID card and 50 dollars Canadian CASH and tell the receptionist that you want to get your capacite mariage and attestation nationalite. you wait a couple of days and go back to the embassy to pick these two documents up.

do this in morocco rabat. now that you have your capacite mariage and attestation nationalite from the canadian embassy in morocco, you now need to take both of these to a translator to have them translated to arabic make sure its a certified translation and then go to the ministry of foreign affairs in morocco Rabat to get these documents including the translation legalized and stamped by the foreign affairs. YOU HAVE TO DO THIS otherwise moroccan authorities wont accept your application for mariage.

anything else?

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
Thanks for the help.

I tried to go to a notary/lawyer the past few days but they have been closed for the holidays till the 5th, and I leave on the 5th inshAllah!

So I take it since the website says I can get it done in Morocco by a lawyer their, it should be no problem.

M

med

u will get the adress of the notary from the canadian embassy in rabat and it will cost you 1000 dirham best of luck

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
Just for future reference.

If you are a born Canadian, with Moroccan parents, and plan on getting married in Morocco, you need to get married the Moroccan way.

I went through all the hassle of obtaining these documents for a Mixed Marriage, just to be told at the very end, that since you're parents are Moroccan, you must register and become a Moroccan citizen and get married that way.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stealth said:
Just for future reference.

If you are a born Canadian, with Moroccan parents, and plan on getting married in Morocco, you need to get married the Moroccan way.

I went through all the hassle of obtaining these documents for a Mixed Marriage, just to be told at the very end, that since you're parents are Moroccan, you must register and become a Moroccan citizen and get married that way.
easiest and the best