+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Cansha or legafalcon or any legal immigration Guys,
Can you please suggest if there is any source or any alternative to appeal Visa Officer.

WAITING KILLING ALL MY PERSONAL LIFE
I'm not a lawyer or immigration consultant so can't advise on legal ways. I would say call again and send webform and hope someone takes some action. And since you are inland you can take help from your local MP. Your file is already approved so MP office may help with COPR

Reactions: Joyz

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I'm not a lawyer or immigration consultant so can't advise on legal ways. I would say call again and send webform and hope someone takes some action. And since you are inland you can take help from your local MP. Your file is already approved so MP office may help with COPR
Thanks Much Cansha for your advice!!!

Reactions: cansha

yamakart

Mar 16, 2019
Right, but it seems only very few applicants in the US have been approved and got PPR recently.

In the note itself it specifically mentions PA in USA. The whole last sentence in the officer review is "Final decision 'Pending' due to Covid travel restrictions, Meds valid until 2021/xx/xx, PA in USA".
Hey Bud, Any update on your application? mine is jul 2019 aor and rresidence is USA. My application is still in progress

yamakart

Mar 16, 2019
Right, but it seems only very few applicants in the US have been approved and got PPR recently.

In the note itself it specifically mentions PA in USA. The whole last sentence in the officer review is "Final decision 'Pending' due to Covid travel restrictions, Meds valid until 2021/xx/xx, PA in USA".
Could you please let me know what does it say on the application. Doesn't it say "in progress" or "completed" for eligibility and background??

Skanda3

Sep 15, 2020
Hello all,

Received my GCMS notes today and note that Eligibility is Review Required. I have the below concerns:
-- Notes say that points are revised to 0 for work experience. I have supporting documents that can confirm my work experience. Do I still have a chance or is this application beyond that point.
-- Activity Type: Selection-EE Econ has changed from 'Review Required' to 'Cancelled' in the Activity section of GCMS notes. But Assessment still shows Eligibility as Review Required. Will an officer be able to revert decision based on my proactive submission of additional docs?
-- Any idea why Funds are under Review Required?

Please help me understand what is the best course of action now. Thank you!

EE FSW Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in
the file, I make the following recommendation.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________ANALYST
RECOMMENDATION: Review Required SUMMARY NOTES: BIOMETRICS - NRT CIO RECOMMENDATION: PASS
CRIMINALITY PA CLAIMED 3+ YEARS OF FOREIGN WORK EXPERIENCE. AS HIS WORK EXPERIENCE HAS NOT
BEEN CONFIRMED, POINTS REVISED FROM 50 TO 0. CRS POINTS HAVE FALLEN BELOW FOR THIS ROUND.
PA CLAIMED 6+ YEARS OF WORK EXPERIENCE. AS HIS WORK EXPERIENCE HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED,
POINTS REVISED FROM 15 TO 0. FSW POINTS HAVE FALLEN BELOW FOR THIS ROUND. A11.2: Review
Required R76
: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS/Funds: Review Required FSW points total: 59 Outstanding
Documents (Not Requested): - RPRF Ready to Finalize RPRF: Outstanding
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at Invitation to apply (ITA) 476 CRS points minimum score
for round: 472 CRS score at application (APR): 476 / Verified CRS score: 426 I have reviewed the following for
CRS points: PA gained points as SINGLE at ITA and APR
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________WORK
EXPERIENCE
: Lock-in Date: 2020-01-12 Primary Occupation: NOC 2174 Computer Programmers and Interactive
Media Developers EDUCATION CREDENTIALS PROVIDED: Master’s Degree: FOREIGN MASTER’S DEGREE OF
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (EDOC *********); 2010-08 TO 2017-08 - IT Analyst (NOC: 2174) - at
Tata Consultancy Services Limited *REVIEW REQUIRED* - eDoc# ********* - Web-based search confirms employer
information
NOTE: LETTER DATED 2020-01-08 APPEARS TO CONFIRM EMPLOYMENT IN DECLARED
OCCUPATION THROUGHOUT THE SPECIFIED PERIOD, AND PROVIDES A JOB DESCRIPTION WHICH IS
CONSISTENT WITH THE LEAD STATEMENT AND MAIN DUTIES AS SET OUT IN THE DECLARED NOC
CATEGORY. NO SALARY ON EMPLOYMENT LETTER AND NO PAYSTUBS PROVIDED. NOT ABLE TO ASSESS
-
Letter confirms full/time employment; FSW Work: 0 year(s) 0 month(s) of 1 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________ WORK

EXPERIENCE: 6+ YEAR(S), 0 FSW POINTS
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears To Meet Approx. CAD $19244 as per BANK OF INDIA statement
at 2020-01-10; Family of 1 requires CAD $12164 NOTE: PART OF THIS PROOF OF FUNDS IS A DEED OF GIFT
FROM PA’S BROTHER (6900,20) AND ANOTHER DEED OF GIFT FROM PA’S MOTHER (1815,84). ALL
DOCUMENT ON FILE.

Prageecha

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Hello all,

Received my GCMS notes today and note that Eligibility is Review Required. I have the below concerns:
-- Notes say that points are revised to 0 for work experience. I have supporting documents that can confirm my work experience. Do I still have a chance or is this application beyond that point.
-- Activity Type: Selection-EE Econ has changed from 'Review Required' to 'Cancelled' in the Activity section of GCMS notes. But Assessment still shows Eligibility as Review Required. Will an officer be able to revert decision based on my proactive submission of additional docs?
-- Any idea why Funds are under Review Required?

Please help me understand what is the best course of action now. Thank you!

EE FSW Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in
the file, I make the following recommendation.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________ANALYST
RECOMMENDATION: Review Required SUMMARY NOTES: BIOMETRICS - NRT CIO RECOMMENDATION: PASS
CRIMINALITY PA CLAIMED 3+ YEARS OF FOREIGN WORK EXPERIENCE. AS HIS WORK EXPERIENCE HAS NOT
BEEN CONFIRMED, POINTS REVISED FROM 50 TO 0. CRS POINTS HAVE FALLEN BELOW FOR THIS ROUND.
PA CLAIMED 6+ YEARS OF WORK EXPERIENCE. AS HIS WORK EXPERIENCE HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED,
POINTS REVISED FROM 15 TO 0. FSW POINTS HAVE FALLEN BELOW FOR THIS ROUND. A11.2: Review
Required R76
: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS/Funds: Review Required FSW points total: 59 Outstanding
Documents (Not Requested): - RPRF Ready to Finalize RPRF: Outstanding
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at Invitation to apply (ITA) 476 CRS points minimum score
for round: 472 CRS score at application (APR): 476 / Verified CRS score: 426 I have reviewed the following for
CRS points: PA gained points as SINGLE at ITA and APR
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________WORK
EXPERIENCE
: Lock-in Date: 2020-01-12 Primary Occupation: NOC 2174 Computer Programmers and Interactive
Media Developers EDUCATION CREDENTIALS PROVIDED: Master’s Degree: FOREIGN MASTER’S DEGREE OF
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (EDOC *********); 2010-08 TO 2017-08 - IT Analyst (NOC: 2174) - at
Tata Consultancy Services Limited *REVIEW REQUIRED* - eDoc# ********* - Web-based search confirms employer
information
NOTE: LETTER DATED 2020-01-08 APPEARS TO CONFIRM EMPLOYMENT IN DECLARED
OCCUPATION THROUGHOUT THE SPECIFIED PERIOD, AND PROVIDES A JOB DESCRIPTION WHICH IS
CONSISTENT WITH THE LEAD STATEMENT AND MAIN DUTIES AS SET OUT IN THE DECLARED NOC
CATEGORY. NO SALARY ON EMPLOYMENT LETTER AND NO PAYSTUBS PROVIDED. NOT ABLE TO ASSESS
-
Letter confirms full/time employment; FSW Work: 0 year(s) 0 month(s) of 1 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________ WORK

EXPERIENCE: 6+ YEAR(S), 0 FSW POINTS

SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears To Meet Approx. CAD $19244 as per BANK OF INDIA statement
at 2020-01-10; Family of 1 requires CAD $12164 NOTE: PART OF THIS PROOF OF FUNDS IS A DEED OF GIFT
FROM PA’S BROTHER (6900,20) AND ANOTHER DEED OF GIFT FROM PA’S MOTHER (1815,84). ALL
DOCUMENT ON FILE.

I have the same for my application. My previous employer didn't add salary in the reference letter. From what I read in different forums is that the file is first reviewed by a case analyst. Case analyst has certain limitations with which they can recommend an applicant's eligibility pass or not passed. If they can compare apples to apples they recommend pass and then the case officer approves his/her recommendation. In this case salary is not mentioned and your file also has NOT ABLE TO ASSESS -Letter confirms full/time employment. You could ask your employer to add 40 hours/week in the letter which they won't have an issue (generally). Salary is generally not mentioned if the employer is giving a letter. Due to these discrepancies the case analyst cannot recommend the eligibility as passed.
Now it's case officers turn to look into the file.

I received my GCMS notes and noticed the same. So I raised a webform to submit my last 3 months paystubs, offer letter and last hike letter for all my employers. I also included a LOE explaining employer not agreeing to mention the salary in the reference letter. You could do the same and when the case officer looks at the file again he/she can make a decision based on these additional documents to give back that extra points. Hope this helps.
If anybody has a different suggestion then please let me know as well.

Reactions: Skanda3

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Yes, I contacted last week. still awaiting updates..
Got below update from MP :(

Hello Vijay

I had the opportunity to speak with IRCC was informed of the following:
· Your current work permit is valid until January 2021
· The PR: Express Entry application is still being processed
Unfortunately, at this time I am unable to expedite the processing of your application.
I can, however, follow up with IRCC in a few weeks to request more information.

Skanda3

Sep 15, 2020
I have the same for my application. My previous employer didn't add salary in the reference letter. From what I read in different forums is that the file is first reviewed by a case analyst. Case analyst has certain limitations with which they can recommend an applicant's eligibility pass or not passed. If they can compare apples to apples they recommend pass and then the case officer approves his/her recommendation. In this case salary is not mentioned and your file also has NOT ABLE TO ASSESS -Letter confirms full/time employment. You could ask your employer to add 40 hours/week in the letter which they won't have an issue (generally). Salary is generally not mentioned if the employer is giving a letter. Due to these discrepancies the case analyst cannot recommend the eligibility as passed.
Now it's case officers turn to look into the file.

I received my GCMS notes and noticed the same. So I raised a webform to submit my last 3 months paystubs, offer letter and last hike letter for all my employers. I also included a LOE explaining employer not agreeing to mention the salary in the reference letter. You could do the same and when the case officer looks at the file again he/she can make a decision based on these additional documents to give back that extra points. Hope this helps.
If anybody has a different suggestion then please let me know as well.
Hi @Prageecha ,

Thank you for your reply. I am glad to know that my application can still pass the eligibility review.
Adding the number of hours worked per week or the salary wouldn't be possible in my case as the company follows a strict format for the experience letter.
I have the last 7 months' pay stubs, bank statements showing the salary deposited from the company for all 7 years of work experience, Provident fund settlement form. Planning to use these for proof.
As for the number of hours worked, I am asking an ex-colleague to sign a letter that confirms my name, duration with the company, designation, and the number of hours worked per week. If he agrees, I will be submitting this signed letter on white paper along with his ID card.
I'd love to hear what you think of this. Also, any idea what could I say in my LOE as the reason for not submitting these initially with the application? Because the pay stubs show a generated date prior to application submission. Do you think this might be a red flag showing lethargy or any other suspicious intent?
Appreciate your insights on this!