+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

engsari

Aug 14, 2020
Hi Guys,

My AOR is Oct. 2019. I am FSW-inland. My GCMS notes are as follows:
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Completed

I also submitted a Webform. They told me that my security is valid, criminality is valid, and medical is valid. But did not say anything about my eligibility.

When should I expect final decision or PPR?

engsari

Aug 14, 2020
No one can say. Could be tomorrow and could be 1 year. It is unpredictable

.Everything looks good so it is just a matter of time and you will get PPR.

Thanks for your response.

Do you think should I contact my local MLA (member of local parliament) or MP (national parliament) about the delay? It has been close to 11 months. Will they be of any help?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

Do you think should I contact my local MLA (member of local parliament) or MP (national parliament) about the delay? It has been close to 11 months. Will they be of any help?
Using your MP to make a query you will get a response from IRCC that may not tell you very much differently from a web form response. Your MP can also request your GCMS file on your behalf and it will be quick.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

You can contact local MP if you wish but it won't really speed up the process.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Yes, you can visit your local MP and request them to seek info on your application. IRCC is obligated to release the information to the MP under the Privacy Act within 48 hours.

Disclosure of personal information

• 8 (1) Personal information under the control of a government institution shall not, without the consent of the individual to whom it relates, be disclosed by the institution except in accordance with this section.
    (2) Subject to any other Act of Parliament, personal information under the control of a government institution may be disclosed
    • (g) to a member of Parliament for the purpose of assisting the individual to whom the information relates in resolving a problem;

The information provide to the MP is way more accurate and precise than what you get in response to your webform. Many applicants have done it and usually the info you get is as follows:

We can provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s application for permanent residence [FSW / CEC etc,]:

• The application was received at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney (CIO), Nova Scotia on MONTH XX, 2020.
  • The eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on [•], 2020.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until [•], 2021.
  • The criminality verifications are in process .
  • The security verifications are in process.
  • A letter requesting biometrics was sent on [•], 2020.
  • As per our current processing times, it may take up to 6 months to finalize the application. However, processing times indicated on our website are approximate, and can vary with each individual case.
Please note that even though some Service Canada offices have reopened, the biometrics collection services remain unavailable until further notice. For now, there is no public policy for permanent residence applicants that exempts them for the biometric requirements.”
This is much faster and accurate than webform.

Reactions: Arsen Lupin

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
got a GU :
Review of medical results:
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

May god bless with lots of patience to all whose VO is Montreal :(

Reactions: Parsifal and cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
got a GU :
Review of medical results:
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

May god bless with lots of patience to all whose VO is Montreal :(
This is a good sign. Hopefully COPR will follow soon.

Reactions: Joyz
After a long journey of PR finally got approved today after the first rejection in 2019 August.
Second application AoR-Dec. 12 2019
Category - CEC
Visa office - Montreal
Re-medical - July 28
Today - Received a call from London Visa office confirming the application is approved
I was following this group for quite a while. Wish all the best for all awaiting CoPR!

jd111

Aug 16, 2020
hi all, i am FSW out land applicant, AOR Jan 07. i recently received response for the web form i raised. response says that security, background and criminality verification currently valid but eligibility wasn't mentioned although i specifically asked for it. Can some one explain is it normal to have all verification valid and eligibility not done/initiated. many thanks

Ttsyn

Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
08-06-2019
Passport Req..
23-09-2020
I called IRCC last week Thursday, everything has been met just awaiting a final decision. The wait has been excruciatingly long and annoying. Montreal VO really knows how to test one's patience. AOR: June 8th, 2019. FSW-O

Last edited:

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
After a long journey of PR finally got approved today after the first rejection in 2019 August.
Second application AoR-Dec. 12 2019
Category - CEC
Visa office - Montreal
Re-medical - July 28
Today - Received a call from London Visa office confirming the application is approved
I was following this group for quite a while. Wish all the best for all awaiting CoPR!
Congratulations.

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
I called IRCC last week Thursday, everything has been met just awaiting a final decision. The wait has been excruciatingly long and annoying. Montreal VO really knows how to test one's patience. AOR: June 8th, 2019.
I'm Outland applicant waiting with same update since April. AOR: June 10th, 2019.

Recently I received my GCMS notes and find below note about CoronaVirus.
@cansha @legalfalcon Any idea what this means? I don't see COVID PACE terminology but does it mean the same?

ORGANIZATIONS & ENTITIES

ORGANIZATIONS & ENTITIES: 2

Created Date: 2020/02/06 12:50:09

Created By: AC18927

Updated Date: 2020/07/28 10:56 :33

Updated By: LS8712

Amount Invested (CAD):

OrgiEntity ID: 0263567290956

Name: CORONAVIRUS 2020

Type: Organization

Sub Type: Other

Other Sub Type Descrip: Applications impacted by Coronavirus