+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello friends,
just received my cbsa notes,

My questions are:
1Q) is officer review here is visa officer?
2Q) Is this notes a good indication?
3Q)These notes are created way back in march 2020, I still don't understand why visa officer still did not approve the application?

any comments will be appreciated.

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2020/03/14 09:43:29
Created By: D3909
Updated Date: 2020/03/14 09:43:43
Updated By: D3909
Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Montreal Immigration
Text:
***OFFICER REVIEW*** E********* PA: ********* GCMS/FOSS • No adverse information FAMILY
COMPOSITION• PA, Single• No dependent child declared. PRIMARY OCCUPATION• (NOC 2172) Database
Analysts and Data Administrators ELIGIBILITY DECISION • PA declared oneyear of full-time work experience
over a continuous period in primary NOC achieved while working at **** INC. • 3 years+ of foreign work
experience accumulated while working at ******** INC and **************** LTD. • Proof of
education for PA provided and reviewed. Based on PA's education credentials and employment docs, I am
satisfied on a balance of probabilities that the PA performed the lead statement and main duties associated with
NOC 2172. A11.2 & SELECTION: Passed R75 (2) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Satisfied R76 (1) SELECTION
CRITERIA POINTS: Satisfied SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Satisfied / gift deed from father ADMISSIBILITY• Security:
• Criminality: no concerns • Police certificate: NRT (India/ USA) • RCMP: NRT • Biometrics : NRT •
Info sharing: I Medical valid until: 2020/08/26 RPRF paid Ready to finalize
Is that all? Does it say anything related to RFV mail? Seems like your file is approved. But generally they would put a comment for RFV mail if file is approved.

Aditya0211

Jan 31, 2020
Is that all? Does it say anything related to RFV mail? Seems like your file is approved. But generally they would put a comment for RFV mail if file is approved.
Hey @cansha No, I don't see any RFV ! Should I just wait. I see only ready to finalize on my application.

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hey @cansha No, I don't see any RFV ! Should I just wait. I see only ready to finalize on my application.
yes, you will have to wait but it does seem your file is kind of approved. Once the file is approved they send the file for RFV "Ready for visa' or PPR mail which basically triggers the PPR mail by system. Atleast that is what i have seen in other GCMS notes. That may explain why you have not received PPR email since March. In any case things are slow but Montreal does seem to be issuing PPRs so your turn may come soon.

dipankar580

Aug 2, 2018
Hello,

AOR: September 3, 2019
VO: Montreal
FSW - Inland

Can someone please help me understand what might be going on with my application? According to the GCMS notes that I received last week, NOTE 1 (Officer Review) , 'FINAL DECISION. Satisfied applicant meets IRPA requirements. Application Approved. '
This is dated as 7th May 2020. But I have not received any update regarding my application since my medical passed (27th Nov) through email nor in the account. Also, in the first page of the notes I found the following:
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
Final:

I raised multiple web-forms but always get the generic reply that the application is in progress. 9 Months, 12 Days since AOR.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello,

AOR: September 3, 2019
VO: Montreal
FSW - Inland

Can someone please help me understand what might be going on with my application? According to the GCMS notes that I received last week, NOTE 1 (Officer Review) , 'FINAL DECISION. Satisfied applicant meets IRPA requirements. Application Approved. '
This is dated as 7th May 2020. But I have not received any update regarding my application since my medical passed (27th Nov) through email nor in the account. Also, in the first page of the notes I found the following:
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
Final:

I raised multiple web-forms but always get the generic reply that the application is in progress. 9 Months, 12 Days since AOR.
Your file is approved. Just wait for final PPR / COPR mail.

jr93511

Sep 4, 2019
Hey folks!
CoPR has been sent to my portal today. Here's my timeline:

AOR: Sep 16, 2019, FSW-inland, 1 applicant.
Medical passed on Sep 30.
My case was moved to Montreal office on Oct 10.
Eligibility Review Required since Nov 21 because my foreign work and current work documents lack few info, and I have US visa refusal. Also the initial analyst misread my documents and put some false notes on my case.
I raised GCMS notes in March and saw the false notes, so I sent a message through webform to clarify the misreading.
Then I raised the 2nd set of notes in April and the 3rd set in May, and still saw no update. So I read the notes again and decided to proactively send some additional documents to prove my work, even though I was not informed to send any.
After I sent the letter of explanation and other docs regarding my work in early June, my portal shows my eligibility passed on June 12.
My background check also passed on June 12. Before that, it had been keeping at the "criminality in progress, security not started" status.
And lastly, the final decision was made today. Hopefully I'll get the email soon!

And hope Montreal VO keeps working so that everyone in this forum gets their good news soon!

****Looks like it's really important to proactively send additional documents if you found your eligibility is Review Required. Montreal office seems to like to scrutinize our docs and does not inform to provide additional docs.

Last edited:

@@@@

Star Member
May 30, 2020
Hey folks!
CoPR has sent to my portal today. Here's my timeline:

Eligibility Review Required since Nov 21 because my foreign work and current work documents lack few info, and I have US visa refusal. Also the initial analyst misread my documents and put some false notes on my case.
I raised GCMS notes in March and saw the false notes, so I sent a message through webform to clarify the misreading.
Then I raised the 2nd set of notes in April and the 3rd set in May, and still saw no update. So I read the notes again and decided to proactively send some additional documents to prove my work, even though I was not informed to send any.
After I sent the letter of explanation and other docs regarding my work in early June, my portal shows my eligibility passed on June 12.
My background check also passed on June 12. Before that, it had been keeping at the "criminality in progress, security not started" status.
And lastly, the final decision was made today. Hopefully I'll get the email soon!

And hope Montreal VO keeps working so that everyone in this forum gets their good news soon!

****Looks like it's really important to proactively send additional documents if you found your eligibility is Review Required. Montreal office seems to like to scrutinize our docs and does not inform to provide additional docs.
Congratulations!! My aor is 27 nov fsw inland...and still no updates after medical passed on dec5...Hope they speed up there process....

Reactions: jr93511

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Hey folks!

Congratulations.

dipankar580

Aug 2, 2018
Hey folks!

Congratulations Mate!

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Hello all,

I got a call from IRCC yesterday (sort of a phone interview) and then they send my COPR within an hour into my online account. I’m an inland FSW applicant with 2 dependents. My timeline is

AoR: August 18, 2019
Eligibility RR: November, 2019
(Without any additional document request, it was cleared after 5 months)

After Eligibility passed:
1. ADR: May 06, 2020 (for my husband’ military service)
2. ADR: June 15, 2020 (to pay RPRF)

On June 18, 2020, I saw a GU in my account then I received a call from the local VO and finally the COPR for me and my family.
It was quite stressful to wait for 10 months with all these RR and ADRs.. but finally it’s over. I hope everyone has a speedy PR process..

Last edited: