+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Arsen Lupin

Star Member
Mar 4, 2018
Hi! Did you have a chance to give them a call and see why yours is taking so long? :(
Yes I did, I even contacted my local MP who also inquired again on my behalf. As usual, the same answers: "The application is currently awaiting finalization and scheduling of a landing appointment ... Please note also that finalizing applications may take longer than usual during this time."

The thing is, Covid has nothing to do with it because I got everything approved on January 16, the confinement started in March-April? At this stage all I can do is wait I suppose. Hopefully this month is gonna' be good for all of us! I noticed many pprs' already.

Cricket4Ever

Nov 19, 2019
No it isn't too late. Just send a LOE from webform. There is no specific format and it doesn't have to be an essay. Just 5-6 lines are fine. No one has time to read pages of LOE.

In any case, personally I would be extremely surprised if your case is refused because of this. It is a mistake but a TRV refusal shouldn't lead to a PR application refusal. However, only issue is if a visa officer is being really strict he can argue you hid visa refusal information on your application. But that is too much speculation for now. Only thing in your hands right now is to send in a LOE and explain why TRV was refused and why you hadn't sent passport for original TRV application and hope for the best!
Thanks for the response @cansha. My A11.2 status in GCMS notes reads: 'Appears Met'. I have submitted a LOE via webform explaining the situation. Well, in my case, I have not hidden any info. I started PR application on 01 Feb 2019, but my wife applied Canada PR around end of Feb. So I had provided all correct info while filling PR application but we didn't update the application for wife's Visa routine via web form, which I updated now explaining everything. Let's hope that it works.

Thanks again!

Parsifal

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Yes I did, I even contacted my local MP who also inquired again on my behalf. As usual, the same answers: "The application is currently awaiting finalization and scheduling of a landing appointment ... Please note also that finalizing applications may take longer than usual during this time."

The thing is, Covid has nothing to do with it because I got everything approved on January 16, the confinement started in March-April? At this stage all I can do is wait I suppose. Hopefully this month is gonna' be good for all of us! I noticed many pprs' already.
I am so sorry to hear that man. I agree that Covid has nothing to do with this extraordinary delay. Mine is almost 12 months now and my except for medical nothing has been met yet.

anandbhat

May 28, 2019
Hi all I am a 31 year old IT professional currently living in upstate NY. I was born in India and I am now a US citizen. Applied through Express Entry way back in July of last year. My CRS score was 473

My timeline is -

1. Date Received: July 23, 2019
2. Review of medical results - August 10, 2019:You passed the medical exam.
3. Date of Biometrics Enrolment: September 4, 2019
Expiry Date: September 4, 2029
4. Estimated completion date: January 23, 2020

I have heard literally nothing since September. All my webforms and phone inquiries are the same old generic update. No one seems to have any clue if anyone has even looked at my application.

I ordered GCMS notes on March 10. The 30 days came and went. They told me that they need up to 90 days and it is now supposed to be fulfilled by July 9th.

My questions are -

1. Any US citizen in my situation by any chance?
2. Is there anything at all I can do to be proactive? I was denied a student exchange visa to the UK in 2011-12 when I was an undergraduate student. I was an Indian citizen at the time on a green card. I do not have the original rejection letter that was sent to me. Did I screw myself over by mentioning that on my application? Should I attach a letter of explanation to my application or a webform now?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank Much @cansha for your valuable inputs.
This was the update from GCMS notes applied on 4th OCT'2019. No, I didn't see any updates from the case Analyst.
Later on 19th Nov'2019 got call from Visa Junior officer to provide reference for the employment in the canada, I provided 3 references and they have been called and got all the required information. Below is the confirmation mail sent by Junior Visa Officer.

Date: November 19, 2019
Dear Joy,
This is further to our phone conversation at [1:43 PM EDT] on [2019-11-19] concerning details about the information you have provided through your application. This email serves as confirmation that you were being contacted by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards,
[]

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
Seems like they were doing your eligibility test in Nov 2019 then. Order new GCMS notes.

Reactions: Joyz

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Seems like they were doing your eligibility test in Nov 2019 then. Order new GCMS notes.
Yes @cansha, ordered new GCMS notes, Awaiting.
After Nov'2019, I called CIC 4 times and they replied that everything completed only pending with final decision.
Even got the same update thru webforms.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
· The medicals have been received by the responsible office.
· The security background verification is valid.
· The criminal background verification is valid.
· The eligibility is valid.

Reactions: cansha

Parsifal

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Hi all I am a 31 year old IT professional currently living in upstate NY. I was born in India and I am now a US citizen. Applied through Express Entry way back in July of last year. My CRS score was 473

My timeline is -

1. Date Received: July 23, 2019
2. Review of medical results - August 10, 2019:You passed the medical exam.
3. Date of Biometrics Enrolment: September 4, 2019
Expiry Date: September 4, 2029
4. Estimated completion date: January 23, 2020

I have heard literally nothing since September. All my webforms and phone inquiries are the same old generic update. No one seems to have any clue if anyone has even looked at my application.

I ordered GCMS notes on March 10. The 30 days came and went. They told me that they need up to 90 days and it is now supposed to be fulfilled by July 9th.

My questions are -

1. Any US citizen in my situation by any chance?
2. Is there anything at all I can do to be proactive? I was denied a student exchange visa to the UK in 2011-12 when I was an undergraduate student. I was an Indian citizen at the time on a green card. I do not have the original rejection letter that was sent to me. Did I screw myself over by mentioning that on my application? Should I attach a letter of explanation to my application or a webform now?
Hello. Does your profile show anything else passed besides medical? Like eligibility or background check?

I am not sure if being a US citizen has much to do with it as much as the UK visa rejection might have sent you off to review.

They only way to be sure, and to take proactive action if necessary, is by ordering GCMS notes.

Rakshit khanna

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Just contacted IRCC
AOR- 21st feb
FSW-Inland

Eligibility - Under review
Criminality - Under review
Security - Not started
Medical - Passed
My VO was Nova scotia
Transferred on 23rd april to
Montreal

I have not given my biometric till date.

@@@@

Star Member
May 30, 2020
Hello guys, i raised webform few days back amd got this reply... I’ve applied under FSW inland aor 27 nov VO montreal..it seems my eligibility needs review...what should i do.. raised gcms notes ?? Do i need to worry..can anyone plz plz suggest... it already almost 7 months...

The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

o you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.

· The eligibility review has is in progress.

· The security background verifications have not been initiated.

· The criminal background verifications have not been initiated.

· The medical examination results on file are valid.

Parsifal

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Just contacted IRCC
AOR- 21st feb
FSW-Inland

Eligibility - Under review
Criminality - Under review
Security - Not started
Medical - Passed
My VO was Nova scotia
Transferred on 23rd april to
Montreal

I have not given my biometric till date.
My status shows exactly the same (only medical passed) and my AOR is July 2019!

Parsifal

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Hello guys, i raised webform few days back amd got this reply... I’ve applied under FSW inland aor 27 nov VO montreal..it seems my eligibility needs review...what should i do.. raised gcms notes ?? Do i need to worry..can anyone plz plz suggest... it already almost 7 months...

The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

o you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.

· The eligibility review has is in progress.

· The security background verifications have not been initiated.

· The criminal background verifications have not been initiated.

· The medical examination results on file are valid.
7 months is not much to worry about when your visa office is Montreal. My AOR is July 2019. The best way to go is to order GCMS notes, to see why your file needs review and to act proactively if they need clarification about anything. :)

Reactions: @@@@

Cricket4Ever

Nov 19, 2019
Guys,

AOR: 06 September 2019
FSW Outland

I called IRCC today and the agent told me that status of all parameters (eligibility, security, background) is PASSED. Next step will be Final Decision. I know due to COVID, there is no point in speculating processing times, but anyone FSW - Outland got PPR in recent weeks/months? Have they started processing FSW - Outland?

hopefulnewbie

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hi All,

AOR: 17 Jan 2020
FSW Outland
Visa office: Montreal

I have been a silent reader of this forum and I have been monitoring closely and following advice from here.

I got to know from calling agent and webform that my eligibility is RR. I ordered GCMS notes to find out why and received the note today.

Here is the case analyst note:
From reading the report, I understand 3 main concern
  1. My declaration of visit visa to the USA being denied
  2. Job duties not matching declared NOC
  3. Concern over my POF (the analyst seem to have a concern with the deed of gift)
Can you experience member give advice on how to proactively react to this in order to clear the analyst concern and move my application along?

Thanks

Tagging @cansha :)

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
My declaration of visit visa to the USA being denied
This is not a big issue. It won't cause any trouble.

Job duties not matching declared NOC
This is a BIG issue. You probably need to provide updated letter which more closely aligns with the NOC you have chosen. NOC mismatch is one of the major reason for application refusal so take an immediate action on this one and resubmit your reference letter.

Concern over my POF (the analyst seem to have a concern with the deed of gift)
Not sure why the analyst has problem with gift deed. Many people submit gift deed as proof of funds. May be the gift deed was missing some information. You need to resubmit a fresh gift deed.

hopefulnewbie

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Thank you so much @cansha for your quick response.

This is not a big issue. It won't cause any trouble.
Thank you!

This is a BIG issue. You probably need to provide updated letter which more closely aligns with the NOC you have chosen. NOC mismatch is one of the major reason for application refusal so take an immediate action on this one and resubmit your reference letter.
So this is really a problem as the duties listed are actually my work duties. I am currently going through the NOC list to see if another NOC closely match my duties. Here is my question, do you think it is advisable/good to petition to change NOC if I find another that better match my duties? I don't think I can submit another reference letter and change the duties because the same duties were listed in my offer letter which i also submitted.

Not sure why the analyst has problem with gift deed. Many people submit gift deed as proof of funds. May be the gift deed was missing some information. You need to resubmit a fresh gift deed.
Won't resubmitting fresh gift deed raise questions? or I can just say I noticed from my GCMS note and resubmit, do you have a sample that I can follow for reference?

Once again, thank you!