+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Parsifal

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
I have the same visa rejection but it's US visitor visa. I think we should be fine in this situation. Just need a longer wait time as they're taking time to do our background checks.
Let's keep it positive~ Good news will come soon~
Hopefully yes!
Are any of your stages passed?

Cricket4Ever

Nov 19, 2019
Hello guys,

AOR: 06, September
Stream: FSW-Outland

Got the below reply for the webform query. @cansha Going by your experience, any idea how long would it take to complete background check and move to PPR stage?

"We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • The background verifications are in process;
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • The eligibility is passed.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment."

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello guys,

AOR: 06, September
Stream: FSW-Outland

Got the below reply for the webform query. @cansha Going by your experience, any idea how long would it take to complete background check and move to PPR stage?

"We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • The background verifications are in process;
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • The eligibility is passed.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment."
This reply doesn't make sense to me. Background verification generally refers to Security and Criminal background checks. The reply says those are valid but background verification is in process .. Doesn't make sense.

In any case there is no point on relying on webform replies. They do not represent true status of your file. The best way is to order GCMS notes.

karinfo

Feb 16, 2015
Email in sight??
No.. Still waiting...

My other friend's processing center is Ottawa he applied on Jan 20, 2020 and he got COPR email yesterday.

Here they approved it on June 02, 2020. Still we're waiting for email. I guess we hv to wait for another 6 months I guess.

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
I just received an "we've updated your status" email but when I checked it was about the COPR I already seen yesterday... Still waiting for the follow up email as well, but I honestly don't mind if it takes a couple more days because I need a haircut to take the PR card photo anyway lol

Right now I'm just 100% relieved that this process is over!

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
No.. Still waiting...

My other friend's processing center is Ottawa he applied on Jan 20, 2020 and he got COPR email yesterday.

Here they approved it on June 02, 2020. Still we're waiting for email. I guess we hv to wait for another 6 months I guess.
Haha
There’s another guy who’s pr was approved on June 1st. He’s not from Montreal though. Even he is waiting for the copr

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I just received an "we've updated your status" email but when I checked it was about the COPR I already seen yesterday... Still waiting for the follow up email as well, but I honestly don't mind if it takes a couple more days because I need a haircut to take the PR card photo anyway lol

Right now I'm just 100% relieved that this process is over!
Are they sending another email after COPR in account. Montreal never used to send an email. They used to just send the PPR email in account.

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Are they sending another email after COPR in account. Montreal never used to send an email. They used to just send the PPR email in account.
The thing is that I didn't receive any email at all, either in the account or on my inbox. The only update so far was in my profile, saying that the process was approved and adding my COPR details (number and expiry date). So I'm waiting for the COPR letter with further instructions on how to proceed from now... From what I've seen around, they will request me to send a copy of the COPR letter together with the photos for the PR card.

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
The thing is that I didn't receive any email at all, either in the account or on my inbox. The only update so far was in my profile, saying that the process was approved and adding my COPR details (number and expiry date). So I'm waiting for the COPR letter with further instructions on how to proceed from now... From what I've seen around, they will request me to send a copy of the COPR letter together with the photos for the PR card.
Even I am waiting for the email!

ahmed_hegazy

Nov 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
August 31st 2019
Same here, waiting for email!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Ok. Montreal used to upload PPR in the account. In your case that would be COPR document. It seems like some system error on your end that COPR document was generated but no letter was uploaded to your account. It may be a system bug. You can raise a webfrom and tell them specifically that you can't see document in account but can see file is approved and hope someone takes some action rather than sending a copy paste reply.