+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Dont get frustrated, Practice yoga/meditation to get more patience. I do the same coz my AOR is 2nd April 2019 and MEP passed on 1-March-2020.
AWAITING GOLDEN MAIL DAY AND NIGHT..................... :) :)
Are you inland or outland?

suhail8823

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
I called CIC on 9th & 13th March'2020 and 20th May'2020 respectively and got the confirmation that ELIGIBILITY/SECURITY/BACKGROUND and MEDICALS got PASSED only pending with FINAL decision from Senior Visa Officer but below was the update when I raised the webform.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
"
Stupid Montreal.

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Stupid Montreal.
As long as the final decision has not been made, the application is still in progress. But it's a good thing that all stages have been passed. Congratulations.

Jurafsky

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-11-2019
AOR Received.
25-12-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Stupid Montreal.
I can understand your frustration but you're not the only one. Please avoid to reply things such as "wtf" or "stupid Montreal": it can be perceived as offensive. Here there are people that have been waiting for more than one year and your AOR seems marked as 2020. I've the same situation: every document has been sent in advance in December 2019 through an agent and my application is stuck since February 2020. I have pending a very good job offer that I have been waiting for two years and I'll probably lose it. There's a pandemic and Montreal seems heavily affected, plus I think that Montreal is one of the biggest office and has a lot of applications to check. I mean, it's a tragedy right now both individually and collectively. I know it's hard but there's nothing more left than waiting. And maybe organize a virtual beer all together one day while waiting :)

Reactions: paxi

paxi

May 24, 2020
I can understand your frustration but you're not the only one. Please avoid to reply things such as "wtf" or "stupid Montreal": it can be perceived as offensive. Here there are people that have been waiting for more than one year and your AOR seems marked as 2020. I've the same situation: every document has been sent in advance in December 2019 through an agent and my application is stuck since February 2020. I have pending a very good job offer that I have been waiting for two years and I'll probably lose it. There's a pandemic and Montreal seems heavily affected, plus I think that Montreal is one of the biggest office and has a lot of applications to check. I mean, it's a tragedy right now both individually and collectively. I know it's hard but there's nothing more left than waiting. And maybe organize a virtual beer all together one day while waiting :)
Good post Jurafsky! I echo your sentiments! I'm in a similar position as you: Application stuck in Montreal Office and I also set to loose my job if I don't get it in time.AOR is Nov 18th.

Do you have a rough expectation of when you will receive your PR? What have you told your employers

Jurafsky

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-11-2019
AOR Received.
25-12-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Good post Jurafsky! I echo your sentiments! I'm in a similar position as you: Application stuck in Montreal Office and I also set to loose my job if I don't get it in time.AOR is Nov 18th.

Do you have a rough expectation of when you will receive your PR? What have you told your employers
Unfortunately I don't have expectations :( I mean, I can see that other people (not Montreal VO) are getting CoPR right now with December AOR. I had a look at immitracker and I saw few entries for Montreal and they were still pending. According to their stats I should receive it this month... But stats are not okay since there's Covid around. In short, I hope to have PR before my second work permit will expire at the end of this year, but I am already arranging things for a plan B by asking for a bridging work permit in the case things go wrong, and try to get a little part time job.
At present I am not doing a job that satisfies me and it has been challenging my mental health since the beginning so I was hoping to really get the other job and start from zero. Be an immigrant sometimes can be really hard, more than expected and more than necessary.

Concerning my next possible employer: I told them the truth - I am still waiting for PR and the assignment is due this month. It's the only objective datum that I have, other information is just speculation. At the same time, I am cultivating the idea that if they are REALLY the employers good for me and if it is REALLY the good job for me, it can wait. They could have created a job offer and going through LMIA, I helped them anticipating my PR application and paying an agent: if it's true that we are all humans - especially during these hard times - some months more of patience are nothing compared to who we are and what is happening out there. Especially right now that things are moving slowly for everybody. Hope to have answered to your questions.

suhail8823

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Yeah bro, Ill not use those words, the montreal news hit me bad yesterday :( . Well its ok now atleast I am prepared to wait. It just feels bad to read in other blogs that people even got thier PR in like 3 months from other VO's and our luck was bad to get stuck in montreal. But fingers crossed now.

Reactions: Jurafsky

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Your AOR is Dec 2019. Even pre Covid Montreal used to take average of 6-8 months to process applications. This is when other VOs were processing applications in 3-4 months. It is very difficult to say what processing times may be in these circumstances. But with Montreal its always good to assume application will take atleast 8 months in a good case scenario.

Reactions: Jurafsky

Jurafsky

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-11-2019
AOR Received.
25-12-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Yeah bro, Ill not use those words, the montreal news hit me bad yesterday :( . Well its ok now atleast I am prepared to wait. It just feels bad to read in other blogs that people even got thier PR in like 3 months from other VO's and our luck was bad to get stuck in montreal. But fingers crossed now.
I know it's hard and it's normal to feel that in someway is not fair, but we will do it :)

Jurafsky

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-11-2019
AOR Received.
25-12-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Your AOR is Dec 2019. Even pre Covid Montreal used to take average of 6-8 months to process applications. This is when other VOs were processing applications in 3-4 months. It is very difficult to say what processing times may be in these circumstances. But with Montreal its always good to assume application will take atleast 8 months in a good case scenario.
Thank you for the info, I looked at this today from immitracker today and yes, average wait is 8.6 months. Is there a known reason why people outside Quebec has as VO the one in Montreal? Is because they speak also French?

karinfo

Feb 16, 2015
My AOR is 29-May-2019.

Big surprise on my account today, that my application is approved and COPR numbers got updated on my account as well. One year wait is over.

Final decision – 02 June 2020

Waiting for golden email.

My wishes to everyone to get PR soon who are all waiting. Montreal started clearing back logs I believe.

Thanks @cansha for clearing my doubts and giving hopes all the times.

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
My AOR is 29-May-2019.

Big surprise on my account today, that my application is approved and COPR numbers got updated on my account as well. One year wait is over.

My wishes to everyone to get PR soon who are all waiting. Montreal started clearing back logs I believe.

Congratulations. I'm very happy to see this.

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
My AOR is 29-May-2019.

Congrats!!!