+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
This week marks 6 months of processing time for my application. I called IRCC call center and was told that it is going to take longer because:

1- My eligibility is under review required (They dont know why, and my GCMS notes do not say why either)
2- They often have to wait for other non-IRCC offices to send them information, and they have no control over that

I feel like this is going to be another case where the wait will end up being a year or more..
Hi Ahmed,
I think we have the same stream and a very similar timeline...

VO: Montreal
Stream: FSW - In
AOR: Aug. 29, 2019
MEP: Sept. 13, 2019
RR: Nov. 15th, 2019

And still waiting.....

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
This week marks 6 months of processing time for my application. I called IRCC call center and was told that it is going to take longer because:

1- My eligibility is under review required (They dont know why, and my GCMS notes do not say why either)
2- They often have to wait for other non-IRCC offices to send them information, and they have no control over that

I feel like this is going to be another case where the wait will end up being a year or more..
Hi, does your eligibility status in your gcms notes show RR or nothing at all?

ahmed_hegazy

Nov 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
August 31st 2019
Hi Ahmed,
I think we have the same stream and a very similar timeline...

VO: Montreal
Stream: FSW - In
AOR: Aug. 29, 2019
MEP: Sept. 13, 2019
RR: Nov. 15th, 2019

And still waiting.....
Interesting! Do your GCMS notes say why you are under RR?

ahmed_hegazy

Nov 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
August 31st 2019
Hi, does your eligibility status in your gcms notes show RR or nothing at all?
My eligibility status is RR. Every aspect under eligibility (A11.2, R75, R76 as well as FSW Points/Funds) is set to "Appears Met" in the same Note as RR. There is no obvious explanation for the RR as per the notes. The only thing I see which is written in all caps is that the company I worked at was acquired by another company during my work period. Not sure why that is interesting enough to be written in all caps but thats what the agent decided..

Do you have a similar situation?

Reactions: MARYKE4NNY

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
My eligibility status is RR. Every aspect under eligibility (A11.2, R75, R76 as well as FSW Points/Funds) is set to "Appears Met" in the same Note as RR. There is no obvious explanation for the RR as per the notes. The only thing I see which is written in all caps is that the company I worked at was acquired by another company during my work period. Not sure why that is interesting enough to be written in all caps but thats what the agent decided..

Do you have a similar situation?
Then it is not a big issue. Whenever an analyst encounters a situation which is not "ordinary" they mark it as review required so that final visa officer can have a second look. It seems like the case analyst found all your documents satisfactory but wanted the final visa officer to have a second look as your company was acquired by another company.

Good thing is a RR like this in all probability won't trigger any ADR and would get cleared as soon as the visa officer has a look. Bad thing is that in general anything marked RR can take longer than usual. They don't have a distinction between a "FYI" RR or a more "information missing" RR.

Reactions: ahmed_hegazy

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Then it is not a big issue. Whenever an analyst encounters a situation which is not "ordinary" they mark it as review required so that final visa officer can have a second look. It seems like the case analyst found all your documents satisfactory but wanted the final visa officer to have a second look as your company was acquired by another company.

Good thing is a RR like this in all probability won't trigger any ADR and would get cleared as soon as the visa officer has a look. Bad thing is that in general anything marked RR can take longer than usual. They don't have a distinction between a "FYI" RR or a more "information missing" RR.
I agree.

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Interesting! Do your GCMS notes say why you are under RR?
Because I have two YES for the Statutory Questions. One Yes is for the refusal of entering any country, I have done a flagpole for my PGWP and my spouse's SOWP. The other one is the previous refusal of my EE application which was cancelled as incompleted.

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
@OscarTsai @ahmed_hegazy I'm in a similar situation. I'm RR because my partner had a visa denial for Canada in 2012. I'm not worried about this because we are both living here for almost 2 years now, but it sucks to be in this situation where you just need an officer to look at your profile. My timeline is:

AOR: Sept 7
MEP & RCMP request: Sept 23
RCMP submitted: October 14
ADR (Military Dismissal Certificate - they usually request this for Brazilian male applicants): Nov 21
ADR Submission: Nov 25

I was checking Myimmitracker and it seems like they are clearing May, June and July backlog now:

MYIMMITRACKER

If that's correct, we should hear from them in 2-3 months.

Last edited:

Raj Brar 22

Jun 6, 2019
Because I have two YES for the Statutory Questions. One Yes is for the refusal of entering any country, I have done a flagpole for my PGWP and my spouse's SOWP. The other one is the previous refusal of my EE application which was cancelled as incompleted.
NOV 14 2018 AOR hi i have also done flagpole when i went to take my work visa at us canada border but i never mentioned in my ee application , do i need to tell them about it ? i recently recived my gcms notes where to look Statutory Questions on notes

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
@OscarTsai @ahmed_hegazy I'm in a similar situation. I'm RR because my partner had a visa denial for Canada in 2012. I'm not worried about this because we are both living here for almost 2 years now, but it sucks to be in this situation where you just need an officer to look at your profile. My timeline is:

AOR: Sept 7
MEP & RCMP request: Sept 23
RCMP submitted: October 14
ADR (Military Dismissal Certificate - they usually request this for Brazilian male applicants): Nov 21
ADR Submission: Nov 25

I was checking Myimmitracker and it seems like they are clearing May, June and July backlog now:

MYIMMITRACKER

If that's correct, we should hear from them in 2-3 months.
Keep posted, hope we can get ppr soon....

Reactions: ahmed_hegazy

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
NOV 14 2018 AOR hi i have also done flagpole when i went to take my work visa at us canada border but i never mentioned in my ee application , do i need to tell them about it ? i recently recived my gcms notes where to look Statutory Questions on notes
I think that's not a big problem.

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
VO: Montreal Stream: Express entry FSW
AOR: Oct 3, 2019.
Eligibility - recommended pass.
Criminality - Pass
Security - Not Started

I got my GCMS notes yesterday, found the below notes on my file.
>>
Cannot confirm work experience for <company name> as the employment letter is not dated." PA lost 4 FSW Points and still meet the minimum score required for the FSW score.

A11.2 - Appears Met
FSW Minumum Requirement - Appears Met
R76: Selection criteria - FSW Points.
Funds: Appears Met
FSW points - 70
Ready to finalize RPRF - Complete
Experience - 11 FSW points (lost 4 here)
>>

From all the above shall I submit the employment letter again OR keep the application as it is? Cause the eligibility is "recommended pass." and the rest of the jobs listed gets me the required points.

Any thoughts ??

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
VO: Montreal Stream: Express entry FSW
AOR: Oct 3, 2019.
Criminality - Pass
Security - Not Started

I got my GCMS notes yesterday, found the below notes on my file.
>>
Cannot confirm work experience for <company name> as the employment letter is not dated." PA lost 4 FSW Points and still meet the minimum score required for the FSW score.

A11.2 - Appears Met
FSW Minumum Requirement - Appears Met
R76: Selection criteria - FSW Points.
Funds: Appears Met
FSW points - 70
Ready to finalize RPRF - Complete
Experience - 11 FSW points (lost 4 here)
>>

From all the above shall I submit the employment letter again OR keep the application as it is? Cause the eligibility is "recommended pass." and the rest of the jobs listed gets me the required points.

Any thoughts ??
I think you are okay since your points are above cut off. But the analyst talks about only the FSW score. How about the CRS score?

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
I think you are okay since your points are above cut off. But the analyst talks about only the FSW score. How about the CRS score?
So below is CRS comments and Summary Comments

>>
MI3 Summary Notes -
PA Turned <Age> Between the ITA and Lock-in-Date which results in loss of 5 CRS points
And Still, Meet the minimum for FSW Score.
>>

CRS comments -
>>
the minimum score for the round: 466. CRS score at application 461.
I have reviewed the following for CRS points: PA gained points at ITA and APR PA gained points for
3+ years of Foreign Work Experience with <company A> & <Company B> doc #<number>
>>

I believe Age reduction points do not matter in case the birthday is after ITA and before Lock-in-Date / EPR.

Right?