+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Elizonto

Jul 5, 2017
I had also checked last Friday and the agent said that all the assessments are passed .
Its been that status since October.
I guess Montreal VO is just different.
Per my gcms note, my application has been approved since Oct 17th. Its clearly stated there as Approved but still no email for landing interview.
Called severally but the agents keep saying all stages passed but final approval verdict hasn't been given.
Mainwhile it clearly stated on the gcms note (visa officers note) "Approved"
And urgent landing should be requested.

What can be done?

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Elizonto

Jul 5, 2017
They would schedule a landing interview for you. Call IRCC helpline again and listen to options. Till Dec / Jan there used to be an option where they specifically mentioned landing interview. I'm not sure if that option exists anymore. But in any case may be a better agent picks the phone and can help you.
Hi @cansha
I called severally but the agents keep saying they can only see that all stages has been passed n its on queue for approval.
Mainwhile its clearly stated "Approved and request for urgent landing" on the gcms note - visa officer's last comment on oct 17th.
Last agent says i should wait till dec 23rd n call back if nothing.
Please what else can i do?

Sep 5, 2019
Aor 22 March
VO Montreal
Hi webform really worked for you nice.
I raised a webform last week and got the below response .

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you and your spouse.

My AOR is March 20,2019.
Country of Residence - USA
Its been more than 8 months and still eligibility is not done?
I am not sure if they have forgotten about it or what...
This webform information is same as what i see on my IRCC account. I had raised GCMS notes in Oct end... havent recieved any details yet.

Do you guys suggest anything that I should be doing?

HN92

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
My AOR is March 20,2019.
This webform information is same as what i see on my IRCC account. I had raised GCMS notes in Oct end... havent recieved any details yet.

I wouldn't worry about it (i know it's hard). My eligibility cleared after 10 months. With Montreal VO, I believe it is a matter of an officer picking up your file. Once they do, it moves 'relatively' fast.

Jalil8882

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
I guess Montreal VO is just different.
Per my gcms note, my application has been approved since Oct 17th. Its clearly stated there as Approved but still no email for landing interview.
Called severally but the agents keep saying all stages passed but final approval verdict hasn't been given.
Mainwhile it clearly stated on the gcms note (visa officers note) "Approved"
And urgent landing should be requested.

What can be done?
Are you an inland applicant?? Because i heard that for inland applicants they need to find the interview slots , thats why it can get delayed .
Maybe thats the reason.

Jalil8882

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019

My AOR is March 20,2019.

I think so because when the last time agent told me that everything is passed , i also raised a webform and they also told me about all things like medical,criminality, backgrounds and eligibility are passed in the webform

Sep 5, 2019
I wouldn't worry about it (i know it's hard). My eligibility cleared after 10 months. With Montreal VO, I believe it is a matter of an officer picking up your file. Once they do, it moves 'relatively' fast.
Thanks for the information.
Does calling them help? I have a friend of mine who is in Canada. He is going to call on the IRCC number on my behalf to get the status. Not sure if that would push the officer to pick up the file? Or does GCMS alerts the officer to take action?

Sep 5, 2019
I think so because when the last time agent told me that everything is passed , i also raised a webform and they also told me about all things like medical,criminality, backgrounds and eligibility are passed in the webform
On your IRCC account were you seeing the same information like everything is passed? Just trying to know if on the webform you got a better/accurate information than what we really see on our account.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi @cansha
I called severally but the agents keep saying they can only see that all stages has been passed n its on queue for approval.
Mainwhile its clearly stated "Approved and request for urgent landing" on the gcms note - visa officer's last comment on oct 17th.
Last agent says i should wait till dec 23rd n call back if nothing.
Please what else can i do?
Seems like only thing pending is your landing interview. There is no real way of pushing them to schedule a landing interview. You can keep raising webforms in the hope that someone actually does something more than sending you a template response.

Jalil8882

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
O
On your IRCC account were you seeing the same information like everything is passed? Just trying to know if on the webform you got a better/accurate information than what we really see on our account.
No on my account everything is the same , nothing changed ever since medical passed in may.
But yesterday there was written 100% complete under the timeline bar.
I dont know what it means .but thats the only change i saw.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
O

No on my account everything is the same , nothing changed ever since medical passed in may.
It means the final decision has been made. I don’t know what they are waiting for and they haven’t sent your PPR yet. Are you inland ? If you are inland, that is probably the reason. ( interview spots)

Reactions: 5fifty

Ra1234cha5678

Star Member
May 14, 2019
O

Same is the case with me..Just noticed today...

Jalil8882

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
It means the final decision has been made. I don’t know what they are waiting for and they haven’t sent your PPR yet. Are you inland ? If you are inland, that is probably the reason. ( interview spots)
Yes i am inland and i think thats the reason