+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Ra1234cha5678

Star Member
May 14, 2019
You don’t need your friend to call them. You can call them by yourself by downloading the app text now and then pick a Canadian number. Don’t let the app use your location. After downloading the app call IRCC using this number. 888-242-2100. When you call them don’t ask general questions. Be specific. Ask for the status of eligibility and security. Good luck!

I am unbale to reach the agents.. Do you remember how you reached the agent? I mean the IVRS options

chetan9191

Nov 6, 2019
Thanks . it worked (after about 30 mins of waiting) I got connected to the agent .
She mentioned Medical and Criminality Passed.
Eligibility is under review.. Security not yet started.
Any idea how long does it take with this scenario?
What is your AOR date?
Mine is March 18th. Eligibility: Recommended pass, Security under process since Aug 1st.

Sep 5, 2019
What is your AOR date?
Mine is March 18th. Eligibility: Recommended pass, Security under process since Aug 1st.
AOR date : March 20, 2019
As per call with IRCC agent today - Medical and Criminality : Passed . Eligibility under review. Security not yet started.
There was no other detail that the agent could provide.
I had ordered GCMS notes on Oct 27 but havent recieved them yet.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Thanks . it worked (after about 30 mins of waiting) I got connected to the agent .
She mentioned Medical and Criminality Passed.
Eligibility is under review.. Security not yet started.
Any idea how long does it take with this scenario?
I will tell you the famous sentence “it is a matter of time once the office picks up your file it will be fast. The officier can clear eligibility in one day, he just have to pick up your file. I think that the file is awaiting officer review. The only thing to do is to wait, raise GCMS notes (each month) call IRCC ( each 2 weeks) pray and hope for the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hello everyone.

Finally, I decided to come back to this forum and telly my story that I believe will give some people good advice and hope for better.
I applied in November 2018 for EE Federal Skilled Worker program. In May 2019, my application was rejected by the Montreal office because the officer wasn’t convinced that I had one year of work experience. Even though I received the GCMS notes, there was no indication that something was wrong with my job reference letter.
The day after I went to this forum and I read M_A story about her rejection due to the mistake. She submitted her reconsideration inquiry through raising CSE. I submitted the CSE claim a day after rejection.
I went to the consultant and she suggested that my reference letter didn’t have enough information about my work duties. I decided to ask my boss back in my home country to sign the new reference letter. As soon as I received the new letter, I went to a translator and he translated the document. I applied again... but the EE score was much higher than a few months ago...
I was waiting for hope. On August 30, 2019, I received an email from IRCC to check my account, the one message was RRFP request and the other was information letter that asked me to update the information and prepare two pictures and a passport.. The local Calgary office set up an appointment and I’ve got the COPR.
Until I called the agent, I felt that IRCC made a mistake and my COPR is illegal. But the agent told me that because I raised CSE and asked for reconsideration, my claim was approved after three months.
Thanks a lot to M_A and cansha for giving me hope. I’m really glad I read this forum.
Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience. It is hope for those who who are waiting. Thanks a lot and all the best in Canada!!!

Sep 5, 2019
I will tell you the famous sentence “it is a matter of time once the office picks up your file it will be fast. The officier can clear eligibility in one day, he just have to pick up your file. I think that the file is awaiting officer review. The only thing to do is to wait, raise GCMS notes (each month) call IRCC ( each 2 weeks) pray and hope for the best.
yeah no other choice but wait ... My last call earlier today with the agent call got disconnected in between so I called again now.
And this time agent mentioned similar things about Medicals and Criminality being passed. Security not yet started.
But she mentioned eligibility is REVIEW REQUIRED (since Aug 8th). I am not sure what that means....
Agent just mentioned in some cases officer passes the file to other officer with REVIEW REQUIRED but nothing to worry about.
Can anyone throw some light on it? As I did not recieve any email on this? And agent also mentioned that no documents are required from you.

babyfacez

Jan 27, 2019
It shows 100% for everyone who has completed the 6 months timeline, regardless of VO.
It doesn't mean the application is approved. Just shows you've waited 6 months unfortunately.

No on my account everything is the same , nothing changed ever since medical passed in may.
But yesterday there was written 100% complete under the timeline bar.
I dont know what it means .but thats the only change i saw.

babyfacez

Jan 27, 2019
A lot of files in Montreal have review required on Eligibility. The agent I spoke to said it is quite "normal" with Montreal.

yeah no other choice but wait ... My last call earlier today with the agent call got disconnected in between so I called again now.
And this time agent mentioned similar things about Medicals and Criminality being passed. Security not yet started.
But she mentioned eligibility is REVIEW REQUIRED (since Aug 8th). I am not sure what that means....
Agent just mentioned in some cases officer passes the file to other officer with REVIEW REQUIRED but nothing to worry about.
Can anyone throw some light on it? As I did not recieve any email on this? And agent also mentioned that no documents are required from you.

chetan9191

Nov 6, 2019
Yes, 100% complete I am also seeing under my timeline bar ... not sure what it means ... maybe it just means that 6 months period on our tracker is 100% complete. For others who would be under 6 months period it would show < 100%.

Also, on my account last status was medical passed as of May 2.
Rest under Eligibility tab and background verification tab - it shows under process....
For you its the same I guess? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Even then you got to know from webform that everything is passed?
When I raised the webform they informed me the same thing as i see on my account. Not sure how accurate is that information..
I hope to see GCMS notes soon to get the correct status....

Well, It is showing 100% complete for me as well and displaying "Latest update: Review of medical results - May 1, 2019:You passed the medical exam". FYI: My six month timeline completed long way back in Sept 18th. I think this is not related to timeline due date.

I am guessing it is probably because medical certificate 1 year expiry is coming soon and they are reviewing if it can be extended.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
It means the final decision has been made. I don’t know what they are waiting for and they haven’t sent your PPR yet. Are you inland ? If you are inland, that is probably the reason. ( interview spots)
I was wrong. It seems that 100% complete does not means application is approved. However if you have been told by the agent that the final decision has been made, and every assessment is passed, your application has been approved.

Last edited:

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
@pawanpanjwani_march2019

Below is a post from @legalfalcon on review required. Unfortunately only GCMS notes can tell you why there is review required on eligibility.Review required does not mean there is something wrong on your file. I had reviewed required for statutory questions because I had prior visa refusals. My eligibility got passed by the officer almost 3 months after the analyst put review required for statutory questions. I had to order GCMS notes again to make it happen though. I requested GCMS notes on October 5 and eligibility got passed on October 10. Sometimes GCMS notes do help move the file forward. It is not always the case but it is worth the try.

Below @legalfalcon post on review required

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Last edited:

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
@pawanpanjwani_march2019

Below is a post from @legalfalcon on review required. Unfortunately only GCMS notes can tell you why there is review required on eligibility.Review required does not mean there is something wrong on your file. I had reviewed required for statutory questions because I had prior visa refusals. My eligibility got passed by the officer almost 3 months after the analyst put review required for statutory questions. I had to order GCMS notes again to make it happen though. I requested GCMS notes on October 5 and eligibility got passed on October 10. Sometimes GCMS notes do help move the file forward. It is not always the case but it is worth the try.

Below @legalfalcon post on review required

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Thank you for this post. I was just told by a CIC agent on the phone that my eligibility is review required. I've already requested notes so I can understand what the problem is. I was really confused because my all my money in the POF is sufficient according to their request and it has been sitting in a Canadian bank, meaning no exchange rates fluctuations and my reference letter matches my NOC and has all job duties and details requested (in my opinion, of course). I was wondering what could have triggered RR then after reading about your situation I feel a little less nervous because my partner had a visa refusal years ago for Canada and that can be the reason (it must be!). I hope it's only that because I don't know what else I could do if it is something related to POF or reference letter.