+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

anunay17

Jun 1, 2015
Hi Guys,

I had applied for the GCMS Notes on 16th Sep 2019. Today I received the notes. My AOR date is March 18, 2019. Something says canceled in the notes. I am kinda tensed, could you guys please help me out, what actually it means?

Btw today I have sent a webform request that includes the payslip, tax documents, transcript from the university. Plus, I have requested my employer to give me a new letter of experience that includes the salary as well. Initially, I didn't upload these documents as the CIC suggests to only submit the documents in the checklist. I also wanted to let you guys know that they didn't even ask me for any additional documents.

ACTIVITY
ACTIVITY: 1

Created Date: Created By: Updated Date: Updated By: UCI: Name: Sub-Activity/A vity Type: Selection-EE Econ Field Name: Status New Value: Cancelled Office: Montreal Immigration

ACTIVITY: 2
Created Date: Created By: Updated Date: Updated By: UCI: _ Name:
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Selection-EE Econ Field Name: Status New Value: Review Required Office: Montreal Immigration

Could you guys also review the notes, in case I am missing some important information?

Notes 1:

Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
Office Montreal Immigration
Case Analyst: Lock-in Date: 2019-03-18_ - EE FSW Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the PA and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation.

ANALYST RECOMMENDATION: Review Required M13 SUMMARY NOTES: CIO RECOMMENDATION: PASS CRIMINALITY
PA EXEMPT FROM DOING BIOMETRICS BASED ON THE PUBLIC POLICY
COULD NOT CONFIRM 2 YEARS FOREIGN WORK EXPERIENCE
A11.2: Review Required
R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required
R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS/Funds: Review Required FSW points total: 64 Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 480 CRS points minimum score for round: 457 CRS score at application (APR): 480 / Verified CRS score: 455 I have reviewed the following for CRS points: PA gained points as SINGLE at ITA and APR PA gained points for Canadian Education Transcript Not Provided Diploma provided NOTE: MASTER OF COMPUTER SCIENCE at XYZ UNIVERSITY

INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA: WP Valid Until: XXXXX (LMIA Exempt: C43, NOC: 9999) Intended Employer: any, Intended Occupation: any NO ADVERSE INFORMATION FAMILY COMPOSITION: SINGLE; never married No indication of previous marriages/cl partners No declared children MEDICALS: All valid for 6 months or more PASSPORTS: All valid for 6 months or more

WORK EXPERIENCE: Lock-in Date: 2019-03-18 Primary Occupation: NOC 2174 Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED: Master's Degree: Master of Cot Science 2012-10 to 2015-08 - Software Engineer (NOC: 2174) - at efiglia011111115-- Web-based search confirms employer informaation •WRITE, MODIFY, INTEGRATE AND TEST SOFTWARE CODE -MAINTAIN EXISTING COMPUTER PROGRAMS BY MAKING MODIFICATIONS AS REQUIRED PA PROVIDE PAYSLIP FROM 2015-01 TO 2015-04 LOE DOES NOT MENTION SALARY. - Letter confirms full/time employment;

FSW Work: 0 years(s) 0 month(s) of 1 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED

CRS Foreign Work: 0 years(s) 0 month(s) of 2 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED
WORK

EXPERIENCE: 2-3 year(s), 0 FSW Points
ADAPTABILITY: 5 FSW Points PA studied in Canadian academic program
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears To Meet Approx. XXXXX CAD, as per Royal Bank statement at 2019-03-16; Family of 1 requires CAD S12 475

https://ibb.co/LZTBvnT

Last edited:

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hi Guys,

I had applied for the GCMS Notes on 16th Sep 2019. Today I received the notes. My AOR date is March 18, 2019. Something says canceled in the notes. I am kinda tensed, could you guys please help me out, what actually it means?

Btw today I have sent a webform request that includes the payslip, tax documents, transcript from the university. Plus, I have requested my employer to give me a new letter of experience that includes the salary as well. Initially, I didn't upload these documents as the CIC suggests to only submit the documents in the checklist. I also wanted to let you guys know that they didn't even ask me for any additional documents.

ACTIVITY
ACTIVITY: 1

Created Date: Created By: Updated Date: Updated By: UCI: Name: Sub-Activity/A vity Type: Selection-EE Econ Field Name: Status New Value: Cancelled Office: Montreal Immigration

ACTIVITY: 2
Created Date: Created By: Updated Date: Updated By: UCI: _ Name:
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Selection-EE Econ Field Name: Status New Value: Review Required Office: Montreal Immigration

Could you guys also review the notes, in case I am missing some important information?

Notes 1:

Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
Office Montreal Immigration
Case Analyst: Lock-in Date: 2019-03-18_ - EE FSW Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the PA and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation.

ANALYST RECOMMENDATION: Review Required M13 SUMMARY NOTES: CIO RECOMMENDATION: PASS CRIMINALITY
PA EXEMPT FROM DOING BIOMETRICS BASED ON THE PUBLIC POLICY
COULD NOT CONFIRM 2 YEARS FOREIGN WORK EXPERIENCE
A11.2: Review Required
R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required
R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS/Funds: Review Required FSW points total: 64 Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 480 CRS points minimum score for round: 457 CRS score at application (APR): 480 / Verified CRS score: 455 I have reviewed the following for CRS points: PA gained points as SINGLE at ITA and APR PA gained points for Canadian Education Transcript Not Provided Diploma provided NOTE: MASTER OF COMPUTER SCIENCE at XYZ UNIVERSITY

INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA: WP Valid Until: XXXXX (LMIA Exempt: C43, NOC: 9999) Intended Employer: any, Intended Occupation: any NO ADVERSE INFORMATION FAMILY COMPOSITION: SINGLE; never married No indication of previous marriages/cl partners No declared children MEDICALS: All valid for 6 months or more PASSPORTS: All valid for 6 months or more

WORK EXPERIENCE: Lock-in Date: 2019-03-18 Primary Occupation: NOC 2174 Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED: Master's Degree: Master of Cot Science 2012-10 to 2015-08 - Software Engineer (NOC: 2174) - at efiglia011111115-- Web-based search confirms employer informaation •WRITE, MODIFY, INTEGRATE AND TEST SOFTWARE CODE -MAINTAIN EXISTING COMPUTER PROGRAMS BY MAKING MODIFICATIONS AS REQUIRED PA PROVIDE PAYSLIP FROM 2015-01 TO 2015-04 LOE DOES NOT MENTION SALARY. - Letter confirms full/time employment;

FSW Work: 0 years(s) 0 month(s) of 1 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED

CRS Foreign Work: 0 years(s) 0 month(s) of 2 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED
WORK

EXPERIENCE: 2-3 year(s), 0 FSW Points
ADAPTABILITY: 5 FSW Points PA studied in Canadian academic program
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears To Meet Approx. XXXXX CAD, as per Royal Bank statement at 2019-03-16; Family of 1 requires CAD S12 475

https://ibb.co/LZTBvnT
Hello what does your first reference letter include? The analyst said he could not confirm your 2 years of employment. You have to be proactive and submit a new reference letter that includes all the requirements.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hello @cansha, do you know when was the last time someone received PPR from Montreal? I am still with the same status. All assessments passed but no PPR. The officer has not made a decision yet. I have called IRCC a lot of times these past weeks and I am still receiving the same status. Is there anything I can do besides waiting ? The last update on my file was on October 10th. A nice agent sent a message to the officer on October 24. He has not replied yet. I was told that the officer has 30 days to respond. Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunny Thapar

anunay17

Jun 1, 2015
Hello what does your first reference letter include? The analyst said he could not confirm your 2 years of employment. You have to be proactive and submit a new reference letter that includes all the requirements.
The letter includes the following:
  • Designation
  • Name
  • Employee Id
  • Employment tenure/date
  • Full-time and hours worked
  • Roles and Responsibilities
  • Contact person contact detail
  • Manager Name
  • It's on the official letterhead and has the address and contact details of the company.

I had submitted the payslips for the last 4 months along with the letter of experience.

I thought it should be sufficient to validate the experience as it is a billion-dollar company.

Your thoughts? Do they contact anyone for more documents, they never contacted me? Btw do you know what canceled means on the GCMS Activity?

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
The letter includes the following:
  • Designation
  • Name
  • Employee Id
  • Employment tenure/date
  • Full-time and hours worked
  • Roles and Responsibilities
  • Contact person contact detail
  • Manager Name
  • It's on the official letterhead and has the address and contact details of the company.

I had submitted the payslips for the last 4 months along with the letter of experience.

I thought it should be sufficient to validate the experience as it is a billion-dollar company.

Your thoughts? Do they contact anyone for more documents, they never contacted me? Btw do you know what canceled means on the GCMS Activity?
Below are the requirements of the reference letter that I have found on IRCC website. It seems that yours did not include the salary and you provided payslips for only 4 months. Am I right? I do not know what the cancelled status means. My advice is to make sure the new letter includes all the requirements that IRCC wants. Double check the letter. Make sure that your job duties match your NOC code. If you haven’t done so, please add payslips that cover the amount of time worked and tax documents.
a reference or experience letter from the employer, which should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits

Last edited:

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi Montreal, any PPR?

If you answer yes to any of these following questions you will get Reviewed Required for Statutory questions.
1)Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?
2) Have you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?
Does that also apply for spouse? I'm the primary applicant and said no to those questions, but my spouse had a Canada study visa denied back in 2013 because of lack of proof of funds. He then applied again in the following year and was granted the visa. And now we're in Canada for almost two years on work permits.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Does that also apply for spouse? I'm the primary applicant and said no to those questions, but my spouse had a Canada study visa denied back in 2013 because of lack of proof of funds. He then applied again in the following year and was granted the visa. And now we're in Canada for almost two years on work permits.
I am not sure. @cansha what do you think about it ? Do the statutory questions only apply to the primary applicant or both the primary applicant and spouse?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello @cansha, do you know when was the last time someone received PPR from Montreal? I am still with the same status. All assessments passed but no PPR. The officer has not made a decision yet. I have called IRCC a lot of times these past weeks and I am still receiving the same status. Is there anything I can do besides waiting ? The last update on my file was on October 10th. A nice agent sent a message to the officer on October 24. He has not replied yet. I was told that the officer has 30 days to respond. Thank you so much.
Haven't seen a post on PRR for a long time now. I hope they are working on cases.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am not sure. @cansha what do you think about it ? Do the statutory questions only apply to the primary applicant or both the primary applicant and spouse?
Stat questions apply to both primary applicant and spouse / dependent applicants.

Reactions: Holyange

anunay17

Jun 1, 2015
Below are the requirements of the reference letter that I have found on IRCC website. It seems that yours did not include the salary and you provided payslips for only 4 months. Am I right? I do not know what the cancelled status means. My advice is to make sure the new letter includes all the requirements that IRCC wants. Double check the letter. Make sure that your job duties match your NOC code. If you haven’t done so, please add payslips that cover the amount of time worked and tax documents.
a reference or experience letter from the employer, which should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits
Thank you. I will send them the new letter of experience as soon as I get it from my employer.

Did you guys submit the pay stubs for the entire work tenure? I don't have all of it, I need to get it from my employer.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Thank you. I will send them the new letter of experience as soon as I get it from my employer.

Did you guys submit the pay stubs for the entire work tenure? I don't have all of it, I need to get it from my employer.
I did not submit payslips. I advised you to submit them because your first letter did not mention your salary. If you are able to submit a new letter with all the information required (your salary listed) I don’t think you have to submit payslips. If you can add more payslips, it won’t hurt. After you submit the new documents, call IRCC to make sure they add the additional documents to your file! Then wait for a while and request GCMS notes again. Please make sure your letter of employment is dated. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: cansha

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018

Please check this thread. Generally when the case analyst put a review required on your employment you have to be proactive and send all the documents that can prove your employment. See this thread for advices Ihttps://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2018-aor-join-here.581191/page-390

Reactions: anunay17

anunay17

Jun 1, 2015
Reactions: Holyange